l - fish pie
d - chicken breasts
s - goji muffins

PP Day

B: 3 salmon muffins + 2 smoked salmon slices + lemony quark + 2 fish sticks

L: 2 chicken fillets + wasabi quark

D: going to make the turkey meatloaf so a serving of that later

S: Frozen Yoghurt

edited to say I didn't get round to the meatloaf BUT did make a baked eggs with chicken and cottage cheese and turkey rasher pie dish with garlic powder. Delish!

Yes alottolose, I'm in the quark zone, never had it before yesterday so it's a new, to be invented with, food still lol

Last edited:
Mouse - fish pie... tell me more. Love fish pie!

OK my PP today
4.5 km walk first :D

B: smoked salmon muffins

L: small piece salmon, couple prawns, mini quiche
chicken leg
fat free smooth yoghurt

S: sugar free jelly

D: 150g salmon fillet with steamed shredded white cabbage
(other half is having peas from the garden, grrrr... last year's, we froze loads)

Oh the fish pie was nothing spectacular:D Tesco sell a fish pie mis selection of chopped fish - salmon, haddock etc. I put it in a dish, covered in mixed herbs and then topped with a cheeseburger pie type topping - but without the cheese. It would have benefited from some quark I think. Baked for about 20 minutes. It was ok - filled a hole. I would rather have it on a pv day topped with celeriac or cauli mash I think.

B: half cinnamon galette
L: 4 chicken mini quiches made with 2 eggs
S: rest galette
D: approx 250g x lean mince made into meatballs with mint and rosemary with a quark and mint dip

Emma - did you get much flavour in your chicken quiches? I stick to seafood now having found all other options somewhat bland. What did you use for flavour? Maybe the trick is to get the chicken flavoursome rather than try with the eggy mix...

Mouse - thanks. Sounds good. I've a fresh ginger + garlic addiction at the moment, and the two have to figure in every recipe ;)

My day today - and I've messed up my PPs and PVs already this week DOH! Yesterday was a mishmash, so today will be too...

Tuesday - PVP
4.8km walk to work via boss to drop off document!

B: oat and wheatbran muffins

L: small piece salmon, couple prawns, mini quiche
chicken leg, bit of salad
fat free smooth yoghurt

D: 2 x 100g 5% fat burgers with (dry) fried egg on top, spoonful fat free fromage frais/mustard sauce

Tuesday PP Day

B: 3 salmon oatbran wheat bran muffins + 2 slices smoked salmon with lemony quark

L: Turkey steak rolled with a minute steak around a quark dijon mustard filling, all wrapped in a turkey rasher.

D: some turkey meatloaf

S: Plain yoghurt
S: Flavoured yoghurt

Morning world... or to those not too lazy to post their menus at least,

PV for me today
4.8k walk to start, delivering work to and having coffee with my boss

B: Dukan muffins (oat and wheat bran, cube smoked salmon in each, 1/3 crabstick on each)

L in resto: Sirloin steak with double portion green beans
fat free yoghurt back at the office

D: smoked chicken with 1/2 boiled egg, lettuce, cuc, tomato, couple slices home cured beetroot

Menu for tomorrow - PP Thursday:(
B - galette with gojis (1.5 tbs oatbran) and fromage blanc if still hungry
L - fish/smoked salmon in white sauce, savoury galette (made with herbs) topped with home-made peppery cottage cheese,
S - rhubarb and custard
D - omelette, yogurt

I can't manage without the tolerated items, 'tis the best I can do. *hangs head*

Pick that head up Laura - you're doing brilliantly!

Jo the chicken quiches weren't bad. I just used my frittata recipe but i didn't have loads of chicken so i cooked them in muffin moulds. plenty of garlic and herbs for flavour and the mandatory spoon of quark went in to keep them moist.

Today:
B: half cinnamon galette
L: 100g meatballs, 4 crabsticks, small bowl sweetened greek yogurt
S: rest of galette
D: 3 generous slices turkey meatloaf

PP day Wednesday

B: Low fat yoghurt
L: Turkey meatloaf plus cottage cheese
D: cottage cheese flavoured with dijon and some chicken breast, 2 poached eggs
S: oat bran yoghurt cake with cream cheese frosting
Diet coke and plain water.

Question: I seem to be leaning heavily on the quark, cottage cheese, dairy on this plan. Have people been known to stall as a a result of this. Would people advise pulling back a bit from the dairy?

Emma... only 100g meatballs? that's not a lot?

Dimage... are you stalling though? I personally yes do stall if I exceed, say, 400ml per day dairy so I stick to far less. Cottage cheese also, unless you're eating the almost fat free one, could cause problems (are you?). What is the "cream cheese" you mention? That could be cause for concern.

My PP day
I walked 4.8km to work - beautiful weather :)

B: 3 Dukan muffins (galette recipe with oat and wheatbran, eggs separated, cube smoked fish in each one, 1/3 crabstick on each)

L: mini seafood quiche, slice 5% fat beef meatloaf, chicken leg
fat free yoghurt

D: 180g sirloin steak
baked egg custard (125ml milk)

It wasn't loads Jo, 6 decent sized ones, but it was an ample lunch along with the crabsticks and yogurt, and with the rest if my galette in the.afternoon I wasn't hungry at all!

PV
B - mushroom omlette (2 eggs - thanks girls)
l - salmon fillet with salad
d - butternut & courgette soup with chunks of chicken in it
s - goji muffins, bumbarb

Dimage... are you stalling though? I personally yes do stall if I exceed, say, 400ml per day dairy so I stick to far less. Cottage cheese also, unless you're eating the almost fat free one, could cause problems (are you?). What is the "cream cheese" you mention? That could be cause for concern.

Thanks for answering maintainer. I don't think I'm stalling but I want to be aware that it could happen if I go mad on the cheesy type stuff.

The cottage cheese is the tesco own light options 1. The cream cheese is a 0.2% from Lidl so its grand I hope. Actually found a rage of really low fat dairy stuff in Lidl's it's been great as compared to our tesco here and any other supermarkets.

Me neither Mouse, me neither! I still have the appetite of an ogress (which was underlined yesterday when I was RAVENOUS after a restaurant lunch! :-()

Those Lidl products look great! Perhaps post them up on the economy thread... I love cream cheese! I've not seen anything like that in Lidl over here. What's the brand? (I checked out their Mozarella Lite, which I used to buy when calorie counting, and it's 17% grrr!)

I never seem to be able to find anyhting I like the look of in Lidl! I have some cottage cheese in a pan at the moment but it looks pretty disastrous - perhaps becasue I used lime juice instead of lemon ? I would have thought it would have the same affect!! I have just microwaved my muffins and had to hunt out some individual muffin cases from the cupboars since they were going to be nuked. I was thrilled that i made 10 cakes instead of my usual 6 muffins - and when they came out they looked no smaller than the usual ones!! It's made my day!

Back