Daily menus

PP

B: 125g vanilla flav. quark
Early Lunch: 170g oven baked salmon, savoury dukan pancakes with black pepper and chives. (yum!)
S: 50g turkey breast, 200g quark
D: 225g oven baked catfish with herby quark
S: 250g quark with 100g rhubarb

Experts - am I eating enough protein, or too much dairy do you think, please? :)

wed 10/8/11
pv day
b: cottage cheese, tea
l: salmon with peppers,red onions and courgettes
s: gallette with smoked salmon, coffee
d: tuna and smoked salmon with salad, sf jelly and yogurt dessert, cappucino
weight: 12.1

PP

B: 125g vanilla flav. quark
Early Lunch: 170g oven baked salmon, savoury dukan pancakes with black pepper and chives. (yum!)
S: 50g turkey breast, 200g quark
D: 225g oven baked catfish with herby quark
S: 250g quark with 100g rhubarb

Experts - am I eating enough protein, or too much dairy do you think, please? :)

At a glance, I'd say you're ok on protein, but perhaps you could add to your breakfast (egg?).

You're well within the rules on dairy, but I can't eat that much. Are you in cruise? Keep an eye on your weight loss and perhaps substitute some dairy for some more pure protein if you're not losing well.

Your savoury pancakeS... were they several little galettes? Sounds like a good idea with a meal (although I'd miss them at breakfast time as they're transportable to work!)

PP day
B from frais and bran
L chicken and some low fat ham (not usual for me but needed to grab something done)
S same as lunch
D eggs

Yeah you're really short on protein again. I think you need to get up in the night and have a meal, as so many do!! (What time does the restriction start in the morning? It's true that it gets light pretty early at the moment? Otherwise, dinner then late snack before bed?) Plenty do ramadan here and they have their skipped meal in the night.

I think the restriction starts about 05:30 here and ends just after 18:30 so I'll try and add more protein in at night, I am just not hungry at all so struggle a bit - oops.

Today I am having

B - Boiled egg and black coffee
S - Cinnamon Oat Bran muffin (has 1 tbsp of oatbran)
L - yogurt with 1 tbsp of oatbran and cinnamon
S - Boiled egg and cherry Sugar-free jelly.

Dinner will be a minefield tonight as I am going (at 9pm!) to an evening Ramadan meal with work. I'll try just to eat plain veg and protein if it's available. I'll probably have a tin of tuna and onion with Dukan mayo before I go out to make sure I'm having something :)

Thanks for your advice Maintainer - it is really a great help!

First day of cruise today!

Breakfast 2 Boiled eggs and fat free yogurt.

Lunch Egg baked with baby leeks, a shallot and a red pepper

Dinner Beef goulash

Snacks gallette, 0% greek yogurt and chicken.

Will this do? It is a lot of eggs but I need to use them up.

PV

B - three rashers turkey bacon, dry fried egg and mushrooms
L - Tuna salad
D - Pepper Steak with asparagus and tender stem broccoli
S - Orange muffins (using flavouring), SF jelly mousse

At a glance, I'd say you're ok on protein, but perhaps you could add to your breakfast (egg?).

You're well within the rules on dairy, but I can't eat that much. Are you in cruise? Keep an eye on your weight loss and perhaps substitute some dairy for some more pure protein if you're not losing well.

Your savoury pancakeS... were they several little galettes? Sounds like a good idea with a meal (although I'd miss them at breakfast time as they're transportable to work!)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Joanne.

I'm gonna try to limit dairy to one portion on PV days and have a bit extra on PP to make those days more doable for me.

The savoury pancakes was just the gallette mixture quantity divided into two pancakes. I use a whole egg to make the pancakes as I prefer them that way and with highish cholesterol I am reluctant to eat more than one egg yolk per day- could definitely include more egg white ommelettes etc.

Thanks again :) Xx

PV

B: Dukan pancakes, 30g smoked salmon and creamy mushrooms (added tsp mustard, dspn quark and parsley to dry fried mushrooms)
L: 90g sardines, 60g turkey breast and 2 tomatoes
D: 250g 5% mince beef made with passata plus a small amount of courgette, aubergine, leek and turnip
S: (if hungry) 125g vanilla flavoured quark

Hi

Tomorrows menu:
B-Scrambled eggs. Oatbran muffin.
L-Chicken Salad. 0% total greek yogurt.
D-Bolognese and courgette. Frozen yogurt (homemade with ff yogurt)
45 minutes gym

Any advise will be gratefully recieved, as I'm not losing very quickly, thanks

Thursday 11/8/11
pv day
b: oatbran gallette with smoked salmon,fromage frais and a few red onions, 2 cups tea
l: tea, oatbran gallette with sweetner and lemon juice
d: salmon cooked with courgette,mushrooms and red onions in a yogurt and mustard sauce.
s: sf lemon and lime jelly and yogurt dessert, capaccino, mint tea
weight: 12.0

Thursday 11/8/11
pv day
b: oatbran gallette with smoked salmon,fromage frais and a few red onions, 2 cups tea
l: tea, oatbran gallette with sweetner and lemon juice
d: salmon cooked with courgette,mushrooms and red onions in a yogurt and mustard sauce.
s: sf lemon and lime jelly and yogurt dessert, capaccino, mint tea
weight: 12.0

I'm presuming tiny 1 tablespoon of oatbran galettes, so I'm thinking not enough for your lunch...

This capaccino I've seen in your menus is I presume skinny with nothing added?

Easy on the onions - no problem having them but you mention them a lot today (and they have more carbs in them than carrots even. Just in case you didn't realise.) Green and leafy is lower carb.

Little things which could speed up your weight loss.

Didnt end up eating dinner last night, grr, by the time i'd got home and showered it was 9:30 and I just didnt want to make an effort.

PV day today
B from frais with oatbran, coffeee with skim milk
L lettuce, cherry tomato, sardines, mustard
D asparagus, mushrooms, eggs

I'm presuming tiny 1 tablespoon of oatbran galettes, so I'm thinking not enough for your lunch...

This capaccino I've seen in your menus is I presume skinny with nothing added?

Easy on the onions - no problem having them but you mention them a lot today (and they have more carbs in them than carrots even. Just in case you didn't realise.) Green and leafy is lower carb.

Little things which could speed up your weight loss.

Thanks Jo,
I didnt know that about onions, nevertheless, in total, it was less than half a medium onion. Capaccino unfortunately is still semi (hangs head in shame) as there is no skim milk at work, but I have cut down to one cup instead of two! Lunch was hurried as I had to work, but overall, don't you think my protein intake has improved?
ps. 9 days not smoking!

PV

B: 2 slices smoked salmon, 2 tomatoes
S: 125g vanilla flavoured quark
L: 250g chicken breast made with passata plus a small amount of aubergine, turnip and parsley
D:225g oven baked salmon with courgettes and leek in a herby quark sauce
S: Sweet Dukan pancakes and stewed rhubarb

Saturday 13/8 PP
boiled eggs
chicken
beef
yoghurt
cod with oatbran thought id roll it in egg and then oatbran/herbs roast in the oven

Sunday 14/8 PV
muffins
turkey and some red pepper
spanish chicken in tomato and caper sauce, roasted BNS, cauliflower, courgettes

;)

Last edited:
Sat

B erm coffee bit of a late start and although I cooked up rhubarb last night am out of from frais.

L burger

D tofu, onion, asparagus, mushroom stir fry. Rhubarb 'crumble' from frais.

Sun

B from frais, bran, rhubarb
L leftover tofu stir fry
D chicken with chicken,

My pp/pv are a bit mixed up but the tofu is too much for 1 meal and needs eating.

Saturday

B 2 eggs scrambled with a splash of skimmed milk and black pepper
S some sugar- free jelly and a boiled egg
L yogurt (ff) with 1 tbsp oat bran, cinnamon and sweetener
D 100g of Vietnamese Beef and a cinnamon oat bran(1 tbsp) muffin

Lots of water, 1 diet pepsi

Back