Daily menus

PV day

B - muffins lots of coffee

L - cottage cheese, red pepper, cherry toms and sliced cold beef

D - lean pork loin, runner beans from garden, BNS, broccoli, carrots

Snack - jelly

soontobefatfree said:
Gutted, been on scales this morning after 2 really good days on attack and lost nothing! Not an oz!

Got another 3 days on attack and hopefully the 4lbs plus will fall off then!

Drinking lots of water and doing some exercise so why is nothing happening!

My menus are in the menu thread if anyone wants to check I'm doing this right, which I think I am.

Let's hope it's just slow at first!

Hi, had a quick look and only thing that jumped out was the balsamic dressing - some people can have issues with that, was the turkey from a packet? Did it have sugar/dextrose in it? Are you feeling thirsty? I was absolutely guzzling water the first few days, flushes everything out.

I am sure you will have a lovely loss in the next day or two, stick with it!!

Sending lots of luck to you!! :)

PV
B: 2 chicken breasts (260g) sautéed with mushrooms and mustard , 2 lemon and ginger muffins
L: 250g oven baked cod with turnip, broccoli, carrot and cabbage
D: 180g oven baked tuna with cherry tomatoes
S: 180g 0% Greek yogurt with SF jelly and rhubarb, 1 coffee muffin

Couteaux, this is the information from the turkey, if anything it may be high in salt?!

The balsamic dressing was one from the Dukan recipe book but will avoid it if necessary. Can just have plain balsamic as I'm quite addicted!

FSA Traffic Lights Labeling
per 100g (per-) per slice
Cal 100kCal 18kCal
Fat 1.5g 0.3g
Sat Fat 0.5g 0.1g
Sugar Trace Trace
Salt 2.3g 0.5g

Sunday - PV

B - 2 x scones, 5 x Tesco chicken slices (not that nice, won't buy again)
L - smoked salmon, peperonata, cottage cheese, 2 x scones
D - salad, peperonata, sliced steak left from yesterday, 1 x scone, vanilla ww yog

1 Options Choc/Mint, tea, tea, tea

PP

B - Three turkey rashers, one dry fried egg
l - Pepper steak griddled
D - Chicken breast and salmon fillet
S - Muffins and total

Another PP day for me
B - 3 egg omelette, chicken
L - roast chicken, turkey ham, cottage cheese,
D - scallops, turkey bacon
S - galette, 0% total, 8 crabsticks

2 x coffees, 2l water

Monday - PP

B - Toffee WW yog, scone
L - WW bacon, grilled, dry-fried egg, 2 x scone
snack - 2 x scone
D - baked salmon topped with WW crème fraiche & herby crust (scone crumbs blitzed with lemon zest, thyme & parsley), natural 0% yog with Hartleys powder (very nice, thanks for the recommendation!)

Sunday PV

BF - porridge
L - lettuce, cucumber, tomato and chicken slices
D - strips of grilled steak on a bed of lettuce and grated beetroot with a little balsamic vinegar (so lovely)
2l water. 2 diet cokes.

Today (Monday) PP

BF - porridge (I could eat it all day!)
L - roasted chicken thighs
D - dry fried salmon fillets with a squeeze of lemon and 2 dry fried eggs. So simple but absolutely gorgeous! And the salmon was organic and reduced to half price - result!
Total 0% yogurt with Hartleys no sugar jam sprinkled in. Yummmm.

Oh I do love food!

Today (Monday) PV
Brekkie: porridge and 1 x coffee
Lunch: tuna & mackerel paté, celery sticks, red pepper, 1 x extra light laughing cow, 3 x crab sticks, fat free vanilla yog + 1l water
Tea: extra lean mince mixed with onions and mushrooms, small portion of ratatouille, green beans, asparagus and poached egg
(So full!) Green tea for afters
Snack (if needed!): few slices of chicken

I know it sounds like loads but I promise I am just having a little bit of lots of things - the more varied the less likely I am to fall off the wagon!:p

PP

Pre-swim: 1 lemon & ginger muffin
B: chicken breast with wholegrain mustard
L: 2 coffee muffins & 180g 0% Greek yogurt with sweetener
D: 400g 3% steak mince topped with a soft dry fried egg and 2 scallops

Sunday - PV

B - 2 x scones, 5 x Tesco chicken slices (not that nice, won't buy again)
L - smoked salmon, peperonata, cottage cheese, 2 x scones
D - salad, peperonata, sliced steak left from yesterday, 1 x scone, vanilla ww yog

1 Options Choc/Mint, tea, tea, tea

I know from another post that your "scones" are "Dukan muffins" (before newbies start baking proper scones!!!).

Options drinks aren't suitable for this diet (in my opinion). Far too high in carbs... Calories in Options*, Mint Drink | Nutrition Facts and Information

What is peperonata? You say "PV" but I can't see veg at lunch!

Monday - PP

B - Toffee WW yog, scone
L - WW bacon, grilled, dry-fried egg, 2 x scone
snack - 2 x scone
D - baked salmon topped with WW crème fraiche & herby crust (scone crumbs blitzed with lemon zest, thyme & parsley), natural 0% yog with Hartleys powder (very nice, thanks for the recommendation!)

I'm not picking on your honest! Toffee yogs are no longer ok (but if you're losing well, fine!). WW creme fraiche is a tolerated, as it's nearly 3% fat, so no more than 30g per day and be aware that it could cause a stall at some point... As for bacon, the jury is out on that one.

So nothing is "wrong", just some things highlighted should you stall...

Sunday PV

BF - porridge
L - lettuce, cucumber, tomato and chicken slices
D - strips of grilled steak on a bed of lettuce and grated beetroot with a little balsamic vinegar (so lovely)
2l water. 2 diet cokes.

Today (Monday) PP

BF - porridge (I could eat it all day!)
L - roasted chicken thighs
D - dry fried salmon fillets with a squeeze of lemon and 2 dry fried eggs. So simple but absolutely gorgeous! And the salmon was organic and reduced to half price - result!
Total 0% yogurt with Hartleys no sugar jam sprinkled in. Yummmm.

Oh I do love food!

No sugar perhaps... but no fruit? It's the first time I've seen this in a menu, and I could be wrong, but please check the label!

I really must be losing my marbles as I could have sworn I posted this last night. Maybe some forces were at work as I carried on munching after I had planned to post!
Anyway here's the last two chaotic days.

Sunday PP:
B: tea (2 regular then redbush) with skim milk
dregs of Greek yogurt pot with a little sweetener (so we could pack to come home)
L: Pack M&S chilli chicken (only noticed trace of sugar way down the list when I'd scarfed them all!)
S: half ramekin of fromage frais/yogurt/sprinkle blackberry jelly mix.
D: rump steak, 1/2tsp mustard.
Porridge 2tbsp oatbran, skim milk, 1/2tsp caramel da vinci syrup.
whole ramekin of fromage frais/yogurt/sprinkle blackberry jelly mix.

Diet coke, diet caffeine free coke and fizzy water, more redbush tea but might have been low with hospital visiting.
½ fruit and fibre thingy. Maybe two sugar free ricola lozenges & few sticks chewing gum.

v late s: sliced chicken dipped in horseradish/yogurt mix.

Monday PP:
had to trawl back to hospital from home as had all gone horribly wrong! 4 hrs there about 3 back with traffic so diet (and me) a bit scrambled:

B: tea (2 regular then redbush) with skim milk
L: 2 hard boiled eggs (from canteen in desperation)
S: lg pot fromage frais/yogurt/sprinkle blackberry jelly mix.
D: (sort of - more like a standing snack) pack Tesco chicken tikka bits (didn't read package - don't want to know if there an 'ose' in it!)

later: Porridge 2tbsp oatbran, skim milk, 1/2tsp caramel da vinci syrup.
S: lrg pot fromage frais/yogurt/sprinkle blackberry jelly mix.

Diet coke, diet caffeine free coke and fizzy water, real tea. Definitely low on fluid.
1 fruit and fibre thingy. Maybe two sugar free ricola lozenges & few sticks chewing gum.

Now cruising for food again.
unimaginative sliced chicken and yogurt/horseradish dip seems preferable to pickled eggs at this time of night!

Oh dear - ended up going for a second round of porridge. Still - better than the chocolate I would normally have turned to after the last few days.

PV:

B - Mushroom omelette with some chives; turkey rashers; cherry tomatoes.

L - Chicken thighs with some kind of seasoning and salad.

D - Steak, broccoli, onion, possibly a fried egg (although shouldn't really eat 3 eggs in 1 day).

Snacks: Oatbran in low fat Greek yog
Sf jelly

I know from another post that your "scones" are "Dukan muffins" (before newbies start baking proper scones!!!).

Options drinks aren't suitable for this diet (in my opinion). Far too high in carbs... Calories in Options*, Mint Drink | Nutrition Facts and Information

What is peperonata? You say "PV" but I can't see veg at lunch!

Thanks, Joanne. The Options is my fallback when I'm craving chocolate but I'm cutting right back on it. Honest. ;)

Peperonata is an Italian veggie stew of peppers, tomatoes & onions. I'll stick a recipe up on the recipes thread. It's a terrific 'base recipe' for tweaking by adding stuff.

I'm not picking on your honest! Toffee yogs are no longer ok (but if you're losing well, fine!). WW creme fraiche is a tolerated, as it's nearly 3% fat, so no more than 30g per day and be aware that it could cause a stall at some point... As for bacon, the jury is out on that one.

So nothing is "wrong", just some things highlighted should you stall...

Toffee isn't allowed anymore? :( I Okay then. Deep breath. I ate the last one this morning before reading this. Won't buy any more. :sigh:
WW creme fraiche - just used two teaspoons of it on the salmon. I'll bear it in mind.
WW bacon is made from the loin medallions, really well trimmed. TBH, it's leaner than most steak so I'm not personally concerned on that front. I did try the turkey bacon. Vile, vile stuff. Not even the cat would eat it.

All input gratefully received. Pick away! :D

If you're desperate for a chocolate drink, you'd be better using a teaspoon the lowest fat cocoa powder you can find with some (watered down!) skimmed milk if you must!

Back