Daily menus

Thursday 7/9 PV
Bread toasted
Egg and Toms
Chicken & Beef Salad (Lettuce, toms, celery)
BNS & Cauli XL Minced steak cottage pie
:)

I have a butternut squash for tomorrow - bought in a fit of adventurous optimism. I've never successfully cooked one before. May I ask what way you are doing yours? :)

PP

Pre-swim: 1 tea brack muffin
B: scrambled egg with cod and salmon
L: total yogurt, 1 tea brack muffin
Pre-gym: total yogurt, 1 tea brack muffin
D: chicken drumsticks, 100g mince
S: 100g quark and rhubarb

Made butternut squash and mixed spice muffins - will be having some tomorrow, will update if any good.

PV

B - Total and muffins
L - Chicken breast
D - Chicken Salad or Roast veg, not decided yet
S - Muffins

Thursday Green PV

No galas/excesses this week, so green PV instead of PP.

B - 1/2 Dukan bread and fromage blanc
L - tuna 'mayonnaise', green omelette (one whole egg, two whites, spinach)
S - Bread and rest of tuna
D - roast chicken and green beans, fromage blanc

PP Thursday

B - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
l - spicy meatballs
d - chicken
s - muffins

il post yesterdays as well as todays to see if anyone can spot a problem....now on day 4 and not seeing any results.... :sigh:

wednesday
pt water
dukan pancake (1.5 tbsp oat bran, 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 egg)

cup water 2 x tea

2 packs of chicken pieces tesco

cup water 1 x tea can diet coke

skinless chicken breast, steak, 3 giant prawns

1 x tea and fat free natural yogurt

Thursday
2pts water
dukan pancake (as before)

1 cup tea and cup of water

pack of turkey pieces for lunch

thats as far as i can go for now!

I am a fairly active person, ride horses about 3 times per week and generally active at work....

am i doing something wrong? oh and advice for a wedding on sat would be ace!
one of my best friends is getting married its going to be a great big alcoholic affair and i dont want to not drink, but i want to make good choices....i plan to have a feast on meat before i go so that i wont be worried about the food but is there a good choice i can make for an alcoholic beverage??????

many thanks in advance!!

PP day

Breakfast: FF yog & vanilla. Lemon & caraway dukan 'scone'
Lunch: Pastrami, cocktail onions, mustard, chilli & cumin 'scones'
Dinner: Smoked salmon, plain 'scones'
Later: Strawberry mousse made with frothed milk & jelly powder, chocolate 'scone'

I always put frothed milk on my iced espresso. Would never have thought of this. Thanks for the idea.

il post yesterdays as well as todays to see if anyone can spot a problem....now on day 4 and not seeing any results.... :sigh:

wednesday
pt water
dukan pancake (1.5 tbsp oat bran, 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 egg)

cup water 2 x tea

2 packs of chicken pieces tesco

cup water 1 x tea can diet coke

skinless chicken breast, steak, 3 giant prawns

1 x tea and fat free natural yogurt

Thursday
2pts water
dukan pancake (as before)

1 cup tea and cup of water

pack of turkey pieces for lunch

thats as far as i can go for now!

I am a fairly active person, ride horses about 3 times per week and generally active at work....

am i doing something wrong? oh and advice for a wedding on sat would be ace!
one of my best friends is getting married its going to be a great big alcoholic affair and i dont want to not drink, but i want to make good choices....i plan to have a feast on meat before i go so that i wont be worried about the food but is there a good choice i can make for an alcoholic beverage??????

many thanks in advance!!

1. I wonder if you are eating enough protein? You are not having much for breakfast.
2. Have you checked the back of the packs of deli meat for hidden extras such as sugar and starch? You are better off saving packs of cooked meat for emergencies, and cooking your own meat. Try cooking a whole chicken and munching on it throughout the day.

What else could i have for breakfast then?

the meat thing is difficult as i leave for work at 8 and dont get home until around 7 so buying packs is really conveniant, il try and get some organisation in my life and see if i can sort something, thanks for the tips!

x

What else could i have for breakfast then?

the meat thing is difficult as i leave for work at 8 and dont get home until around 7 so buying packs is really conveniant, il try and get some organisation in my life and see if i can sort something, thanks for the tips!

x

Breakfast is an odd one and I am often at a loss! If I am in the office I sometimes make an omelette and have that cold on the train, or some cold chicken or home cooked salmon. If I am at home I may have an omelette with smoked salmon or with pilchards. With lunch in the office, more often than not I have some cold home cooked chicken or some home made meatballs or some salmon.
I do think breakfast is the hardest meal to come up with ideas for but I know that a galette wouldn't be enough for me - but then I am a bit of a pig!
I have found that with lunches for work, you just need to get over the idea that you want to try and look normal - people soon get used to the idea of you munching on cold chicken and nothing else, and when you're on Cruise you can add some salad.

For breakfast I usually have an omelette with ham, scrambles eggs and smoked salmon, oat bran porridge wolfing is surprisingly filling. On pv days I sometimes fry some mushrooms and tomatoes and have that with scrambled eggs

Last two days:

(Tues) PP
B- oat bran porridge
L - cottage cheese, salmon and some prawns
D - chicken tikka, a little bit of cottage cheese
Snacks - Sugar free jelly, FF yoghurt and a piece of vanilla moist cake

(Wed) VP
B- oat bran porridge
L - butternut squash soup (Have since realised maybe i should have eaten some protein with this?)
D - Pepper stew
Snacks: sugar free jelly, a piece of vanilla moist cake

- went for a 30min walk both days

On VP days -should there be protein in every mean? The butternut squash soup I had was really just blended veg....

Thursday PV

B oat bran porridge
L turkey breast pieces with mushrooms and tomatoes fried
D minced turkey with courgettes mushrooms and tomatoes. Made a garlic dip from quark and loads of garlic granules, very tasty like garlic mayo!

Thursday PV day

Breakfast - cherry tomatoes, dukan scones, yoghurt
Lunch - smoked salmon salad, scones
Dinner - steak, brocolli, tried and loathed aubergine à la Dukan
Strawberry mousse, scones

Last two days:

On VP days -should there be protein in every meal? The butternut squash soup I had was really just blended veg....

As far as I'm aware, yes, Linda. The PV meals are supposed to be approximately two-thirds protein, one-third vegetable. :)

PV

Pre-swim: 1 butternut squash & mixed spice muffin
B: total yog, rhubarb, another muffin
L: mince with plum tomatoes, courgette and mushroom
D: butternut squash chips, sea bass and asparagus
S: quark and rhubarb, last muffin

B - egg, turkey bacon, mushroom, tomato, onion
L - chicken and veg soup, prawns, salmon, 6 crabsticks
D - chargrilled turkey steak, cucumber, tomato
S - gallette and jelly-sweetened quark
2 x tea, 2 x coffee, 2 x Water
Running club - 2.5 miles

TODAY PP
Brekkie : Dukan porridge (loves it! properly full till lunch:))
Packed Lunch: Grilled quick fry beef steaks(grilled then chopped), 1 x boiled egg, 1 x chicken breast, low fat yog
Tea: 2 x Basa fillets (oven roasted with paprika), small smoked mackerel fillet mixed with quark, cottage cheese, 1 x quorn sausage (prob too much carb? but have been losing so risked it!):p
Snack: low fat yog / 1 x boiled egg
Drinks - weak orange squash / water / 1 x coffee
Exercise - 1/2 hour on Wii Fit

Out for tea to Harvester tomorrow .. any suggestions?

Back