DAILY TIPS

Dieting has got rid (or made smaller) my huge spare tyre below my boobs. This made me struggle when bending down and I felt so awkward, clumsy and unagile with it. At the moment that is a great relief to have shrunk that. Hopefully as time goes on I'll have far more things to write about.

I agree Broxi, already it is a little easier to move and bending down. It's great!

These are great tips! Very motivating and helpful. The last one for me is so true, and now I am taking the time for myself, concentrating on the task in hand, and not letting anyone elses "issues" or whatever get in my way.

I'm not sure how this applies to our journey, but this quote (from a law of attraction newsletter I subscribe to) really moved me today.

Even in your rightness about a subject, when you try to push your rightness toward another who disagrees, no matter how right you are, it causes more pushing against. In other words, it isn't until you stop pushing that any real allowing of what you want can take place.

It tells us to just let go and not struggle so much to get what we want. Let it go, be happy, trust the universe and it will come.

Sounds like a great newsletter! Where did you get the subscription? I would like to sign up for it too :)

Hi all, Law of Attraction stuff is really interesting and maybe I should add some of that stuff to my daily tips. What does everyone else think of it?

5/6/09
Today's tip is:

"You are creating your experience of life right now, moment by moment"

This one speaks to me. It is up to me to experience life to the full; to be thin and fit. But also now during the CD process, I am struggling but this is in my head too and I am in control of my thoughts. So I could try to create a different experience- a happier one, doing more things and experiencing less cravings.
I don't know if this makes sense but I thought it was quite cool.

What does everyone else think about this statement?

6/6/9

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's taken from a law of attraction book. But I think it's great because if we decide to do this, it will happen and everything (God or universe or higher power) will be working for it to become reality. Now I know some of the law of attraction stuff can seem a bit far-fetched but I know anytime I have done it, it's worked! So I am thinking myself thin!

What does anyone think? (BTW if people aren't posting or discussing these tips I might stop them cos I don't know if anybody's that interested. Let me know what you think?

I love the secret, and I love this quote. It is just the decision part that needs to be done, sometimes easier said than done!

Keep on posting Broxi! I love the daily tips!

Thanks Asa, just not sure if ppl are reading it so was wanting feedback. Anyway, I'll even do it just for you and me!

I am sure many more are reading, but maybe not posting.

This is excellent! :D Keep it coming! :)

Vx

Keep 'em coming broxi :D:D:D:D:D xxx

I'm loving these tips! Don't stop adding them! X

Oh good I'm glad they are helping. I just wasn't sure if anybody was reading them. I'll keep posting then xxx

6/6/9

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's taken from a law of attraction book. But I think it's great because if we decide to do this, it will happen and everything (God or universe or higher power) will be working for it to become reality. Now I know some of the law of attraction stuff can seem a bit far-fetched but I know anytime I have done it, it's worked! So I am thinking myself thin!

What does anyone think? (BTW if people aren't posting or discussing these tips I might stop them cos I don't know if anybody's that interested. Let me know what you think?

I'm the same as everyone else. Really enjoying reading these tips. Especially this one!!!

Thanks for this thread x

I'm a newbie here but just seen your posts and they're great. I think it's so important to understand why we have the eating habits we have and how we got fat in the first place otherwise as soon as we finish dieting we will gradually slip back into old habits. The mind is a very powerful thing and often works without us understanding what it is doing! I've just finished the Paul McKenna book and have to say it's the most useful book I've ever read. It has made me realise that I'm an emotional eater and use food to try and satisfy emotional cravings which is impossible to do. It also talks a lot about having to think like we're slim people if we want to be slim which is something I've not been doing. Thinking fat makes us feel fat, which makes us 'be' fat and feel negative and have less motivation to be able to change things can. This is a viscious circle resulting in even more comfort eating coz we're misserable about being fat. Starting to think positively and having more respect for yourself and believing you're attractive changes your thought processes to be more possitive and increases your chances of success on a diet. And recognising why we got fat in the first place helps to maintain weight loss. The book comes with a hypnotherapy CD that can help 're-programme' your mind to believe in yourself and control our eating habits. I sound like a sales person for the book haha, but I can honestly say that this was the best £10 I've spent towards dealing with the food demons in my head and hopefully along with the Cambridge Diet I will finally be able to get the figure back that I've been crying over for years, and keep it! :D

Hi Broxi!!

Have had no internet for nearly a week so have been missing your posts, but they are great, please carry on! Was so inspired have bought the Martha Beck book.
The Secret is a great book!

Ellie x

9/6/09

"Eating might seem automatic and involuntary but it isn't. You always make a decision to eat or not to eat." - Judith Beck

There are many times in my life I have made an absolute pig of myself and haven't even been aware of doing it. Or pop something into my mouth without thinking- often something I'm not even that keen on. I have believed it just happened automatically, but apparently not. I think CD might be really useful for that; helping us stop and think before we eat anything. Perhaps diets didn't work for me before because of this supposed automatic thing. But with CD we are fully aware of everything that passes our mouths.

Back