Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Well i have been awol for ages, but for a good reason :) my beautiful baby boy arrived by emcs on 8th dec at 37 weeks weighing 8lb 6oz. My other 2 boys are over the moon esp ds1 who just dotes on him! I am now completely outnumbered! :D

Busy times and lo was on hospital all over christmas with bronchiolitis but doing well now.

So i still have just over a stone to lose. I am bf and so hungry all the time! Sleep deprivation and running about after the boys is also making it tough and i often grab what ever is at hand. Usually something bad! On my 2nd lot of antibiotics for infection as well so exercise is at a minimum at the mo.

Planning on starting back proper in feb. My bro is going to class too so might join his group, not sure whether to stick to home weigh ins.

So i'm basically just lurking when i get a sec and getting my head back into it. Aiming to have a couple of good days a week between now and then and see how we go! Will have to work out some strategies as i normally enjoy the cooking from scratch but not much time at the minute for that!

Hope everyone had a nice christmas and happy new year x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hurrah!! Congratulations, that's fab news! Enjoy your family and whatever down time you can get with the wee one... If all you've got is a stone to lose, that should melt of while you're breastfeeding! x

Thank you! Hope you and the kids are doing well. Will stop by diary and catch up when i can.

I find that i can put more weight on after having a baby bf or not! With ds1 2 weeks after he was born i was half a stone under my pre-preg weight. 7 months later i was prob at my heaviest ever which led to me joining slimming world! I think it is being at home all the time and sitting feeding for hours on end... plus the bf makes me so hungry and my body just holds onto the fat lol.

Enjoying snuggles with my wee man now before i have to wake a grumpy ds1 for school. Ds2 is curled up in the middle of my bed and i'm jealous!

Aww, that all sounds so nice and snuggly!
I know what you mean about post-pregnancy weight gain. With both of mine, I weighed less after having the baby than I did before I got pregnant... it was the sitting and feeding (always with a cup of tea and LOADS of biscuits) that ended up packing the weight on. At least this time round you know to watch out for it ahead of time! :)

Finding too many excuses not to get back to it at the minute. I said i would go back proper in Feb but was hoping to stick to it a few days a week now. I just cant seem to manage a day at 100% and thats even with the hex for bf! Ah well i will keep plodding along and see how i go. Will pop my food on when i get a chance and see if there is an improvement come Feb.

Weds 20th

B porridge blueberries milk and tsp golden syrup. 2x hex and 1 syn

2wm bread, 2 dairylea triangle and marmite with tomatoes 2x hex

L pasta n sauce and rest of cheese hea.
Special k chewy bar heb

Banana granola bar (my new weakness along with flapjacks) 10 syns plus heb.

Latte and 5 syns worth of choc 1 hex

3 lmc red onion sausages and veg and beans in tomato sauce with cheese hea.
2 pieces of crusty bread and butter ?? Syns

7 hex
15 syns plus the 2 slices of baguette

Day 1 finally starting back will see how we go. Ebf so get 7 hex on a green day

B heb of porridge with grated apple cinnamon and sweetner, milk hea. Slice of wm toast with dairylea light half heb part hea.

L baked potato, baked beans, part hea cheddar. Red salad (red onion tomato beetroot red pepper).

Skinny latte (hea) and choc 5 syns worth.

D quorn casserole- quorn fillets, carrots, parsnips, peas, mushrooms garlic and stock. Cous cous. 1 syn for gravy granules.

Snacks special k chewy bar and 1 slice wm bread with dairylea and lf spread 1.5 syns (other part of hex). Tsp of choc shot 0.5 syns.

Hea 3 milk for porridge/tea, latte, cheddar/dairylea
Heb 3 porridge/ wm bread x2/ spec k chewy bar
Syns 8 syns.

Last edited:
Day 2 Friday

B chocolate porridge - 1 tsp choc shot 0.5syns, milk, raspberries. Slice of wm bread, dairylea and marmite.

Grapes, viscount biscuit (3.5 syns).

L leftover quorn casserole 1 syn. Shape yogurt, a passionfruit and tesco hl cereal bar.

Banana. Pickled onions.

Dinner stir fry sweet chilli quorn made in actify. 1 syn for sc sauce. Broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic and noodles.

Special k chewy. Plate of nibbles- fherkins pickles cheddar and ryvitta minis. G&t 4 syns

Hea 3 milk in porridge/tea, dairylea and cheddar split
Heb 4 porridge, wm bread/hl cereal bar, special k chewy and ryvitta
Syns 10

Last edited:
Day 3 Sat 7th Feb

No breakfast as went back to bed and had an extra hour after early morning feed. Love my dh!

L leftover sweet chilli quorn 1 syn and noodles on bed of baby kale while watching rugby :)

Took kids to softplay area and had americano and kitkat 5 syns. Better than the usual cappucino and bun!

Grapes, sparkling water.

Dinner was a double asda mf burger 1 syn, with cheese and 'fried' onions on wm roll with sweet potato chips and salad.

2x special k chewy bars topped with quark mixed with philidelphia lighest 1 syn, sweetner and vanilla essence. Micro'd the bars for 30 secs 1st and it was lovely.

Hea 2 milk in tea/coffee, cheese
Heb 3 wm roll 2x chewy bars
Syns 7

Last edited:
Day 4 sun 8th feb

No breakfast or anything so far as the little man has been feeding constantly today lol. Since 4am!! He is giving off when set down so not really had a chance to make anything for me to eat. Dh is upstairs tidying bless but will have to come down and make me something soon or i will chew my own arm off!

Have veg soup in the slow cooker and will make a sandwich to go with. Prob fruit and yogurt for afters if i am still hungry.

So i finally got some lunch! Veg soup and a sandwich- quorn fillet, el mayo 0.5 syns, sweetcorn on wm bread. Banana and hl cereal bar.

Coffee and kit kat.

Dinner will be enchilada style quorn pieces (roughly 4 syns) on sw chips instead of wraps and topped with cheese (hex). Lots of salad and 0.5 syn garlic dip.

Update:
Dinner was yum and i had another kitkat and a bowl of museli (1.5heb) and milk before bed.

Hea 3 milk x2, cheddar
Heb 3 wm bread, hl cereal bar 1/2, museli 1.5
Syns 15

Wee man is 2 months today which means my hex allowance (ebf) is 8 now! Not sure how you can lose weight with all that but i will give it a go :p it is handy in the evening when i get peckish.

Last edited:
Wee man is 2 months today which means my hex allowance (ebf) is 8 now!

What does that mean? I waited until I was finished Bfeeding before joining SW, so unsure... do you get extra Healthy Extras? Bonus!

Your food looks great! And can I just say, I have no idea how you are managing to BF baby, and look after other boys and yourself and hubby at the mo, AND post on here, but you're doing it, well done! You're officially a SuperMum!

Seriously, you've totally got it together! Your post made me miss the days when me and my little babydude spent ages on the couch, napping and breastfeeding and snuggling, awwwww!

Haha but it also means up and posting at 4am in the morning lol! Enjoying snuggles with the wee man and hoping he will settle again!

Yeah you get more healthy extras when your bfing. As i do green it works out at an extra 4 at the minute, i assume to allow for extra calcium but i tend to use heb more to help fill me up.

We are muddling through ok at the minute, going to 3 wasnt as hard as i thought but i think im alot easier on myself this time round and going with the flow!

Day 5 monday 9th feb

Yestrrday was a looong day! Up from 4am and found it hard to stay on track and not stuff my face with choc!

6am 2 slices wm bread 2x darylea light, alpen light 3 syns and tea

11am 2 slices wm bread jam 1.5 syns scraping of philly lighest 1 syn

Snacked on big bowl of cherries strawberries and grapes. Dairylea light triangles.

4pm sw cheesy chips and beans. Large salad and el mayo 0.5 syns.

9pm pasta, veg and meatballs in tomato sauce topped with cheese.

Ryvitta minis, choc bar 7.5 syns and g&t 4 syns

Hea 4 ss milk, dairylea light and 2x rf cheddar
Heb 3 4 x wm bread ryvitta minis
Syns 13.5

Day 6 Tues 10th Feb

Well yesterday was a bit of a write off diet wise! Didnt eat as much as the other days but it was all the wrong things. I reckon calorie wise it would come in around the same. We were out and about at appointments for the wee man and we treated ourselves to coffee and cake...

2 slices wm bread, dairylea light.

Kitkat and coffee.

Slice of coffee cake and coffee prob 30 syns :eek:....but worth every one :p yum!

Gnocchi and sun dried tomato sauce ??? Syns. Dh made it bless him as i was knackered. I actually had leftover meatballs from the night before but wasn't about to knock him back as he's being so good to me at the minute! He didn't use any oil though, he was pleased to tell me. So could have been worse!

Any way last night i prepped lots of veg sticks and fruit for today. Im determined not to let one bad day trip me up as it will happen sometimes, just hopefully not all the time. And i enjoyed my treat!

Wow just watching a re-run of the horizon show about what diet is right for you. Someone held up a visual of a pound of fat and honestly it looks so much. If you are 'only' losing that a week trust me you are doing good. It is revolting!

Def worth keeping in mind.

I seem to have missed that you're back but wow, congratulations on the birth of your baby:)
How's life with 3?
I'm very impressed you're back on the diet wagon:) I didn't even begin to attempt it whilst feeding.
Xx

Haha i am back as i was going a bit out of control lol. Need to nip it in the bud. Finding it tough as i am always so hungry and when you are sitting feeding it is very tempting to reach for the biscuits!

Life with 3.... isn't as hard as i thought it would be lol. The wee man has slotted in and the boys love him. When they are all up a bit i think i will have trouble on my hands though, i am seriously outnumbered :eek: hardest part ia finding the time for all of them esp ds2 who is home with me as well. It can be hard when i seem to be feeding all the time but we are getting there.

How are things with you and the girls?

Day7 Weds 11th Feb

May as well update for yesterday!

B magic oats with shape yogurt and strawberries

L sandwich- cheese onion and el mayo 0.5 syns on wm bread. Apple, carrot sticks, grapes and cherries.

Tesco hl cereal bar x2
Still hungry so had the leftover meatballs from dinner.

D lmc red onion sausages, baked beans, mash. Topped with rest of hea of cheese.

Pot of tiramisu 11 syns, also stole 3 monster munch from ds2 1 syn?

Hea 3 milk 2x cheese.
Heb 3 wm bread, porridge and cereal bars.
Syns 12.5

Back