Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Tuesday - weigh in day!

Argh today is weigh in day and unusually for me i havent had a mid week weigh in so i have absolutely no idea if i have lost or gained! Just looked back through my diary and so far i have had 105 syns since last tuesday morning which actually isnt bad: it is the top end of what you are allowed but only just! That is if i guestimated the syns for saturday correctly.

Today's plan is like this:

Breakfast porridge of some description.

Lunch carrot and lentil soup with scan bran and dairylea.

Weigh in is at 5.30 so i dont know what to make for dinner yet. Not sure if i will stay for image therapy or not, ii dont mind it but it can drag on a bit! Usual snacks of fruit and yogurt.

Happy to report a loss tonight, albeit only half a pound! Still over the past three weeks I have lost 2.5lbs whilst having 2 weekends away, numerous meals out, several boozy nights (and hangover days) and celebrating my 30th birthday! Normally this would mean probably at least a half stone gain, so I think I am doing alright! I am glad I decided to go back to group as it has helped keep my more on track.

TUESDAY

Breakfast- scan bran porridge (x4)

Apple, shape yogurt 0.5 syns

Lunch- carrot and lentil soup, 2 x scan bran (1 syn), dairylea triangle (2 syns). Tiny piece of cheesecake (v small teaspoon size-4 syns)

Hi fi light at group 3 syns

Dinner- bns chips (3 syns for oil), mf burger 1 syns, slice of quorn bacon 1.5 syns, dairylea cheese slice (hea).

hea- 2
heb- 2
syns- 16

I was sitting in group tonight and thinking about how I was counting my syns... had a sneaking suspicion that one of the yogurts I have was maybe more than the half syn I thought- it is 3, not a massive amount but that could be 14 syns a week if I have one a day.

Also, whenever I was out I thought the g&t's I was drinking were slimline- asked dh and they weren't.... an extra 3 syns per drink...

Oh my, when you think about it properly it all adds up.

Wednesday plan

Hoping today all goes 100%. I even have my milk measured out in a little kitten flask lol. It will be interesting to see how far in the day that gets me. It will be a good indicator of how much milk i actually use in tea and coffee over the day eap as i have mwasured out skimmwd and often use semi skimmed in work.

Breakfast poss fruit salad and yogurt or 2 slices of wm bread with marmite and dairylea and tomatoes. I will prob mix these about over the morning.

Lunch jacket potato and beans

Dinner at mums???

Hi chick really well done on the loss! There must b sumthin in the water cos I managed a loss of 1lb myself this week! :)

By the way how do u make yer scan bran cake, if u don't mind me askin?

Thank you! Glad to see you got one too!

Scan bran cake is pretty standard all that changes is the flavouring.

4x scan bran softened in water and drained. Whisk up 2 eggs, some vanilla essence, sweetner and an options hot choc or similar. Mash the scan bran, mix together the two and microwave for approx 6 mins depending on your micro. Just check a knife comes out clean and use a wee microwaveable tub. I usually top mine with quark mixed with options as well as it can be a bit dry and adds to the flavour. It is not like proper cake but it isnt bad. My fave is with options ginger and fresh ginger mixed in. If you use the sc as your heb you are only synning the options.

Updating for the past couple of days. I am really very hungry today, not sure what is wrong with me but all I want to do is stuff my face!

Wednesday
B- 2x wm bread, marmite and dairylea with tomato
Yogurt 0.5 syns with pomegranate, melon and grapes
Lunch- jacket potato and baked beans, orange. Hi fi light 3 syns
Dinner- 3x quorn sausages (3syns), mash, cabbage and peas with a bit of gravy (2 syns). At my mums so it was made with a bit of oil- 5 syns to be safe.
wm bread, dairylea x2- last of hec
hea-2
heb-2
syns 13.5

Thursday

Random breakfast- sweet n sour mug shot, scan bran 1 syn with dairylea triangle, orange.
Lunch- deli noodle box 1.5 syns, sugar snap peas and pepper, 6 Mikado 3 syns, hi fi light (1/2 heb).
Grapes.
Dinner- (only got half as my dh put meat on my plate after I had served everything and I freaked out!); mash, quorn peppered steak, mushy peas, corn on the cob. Quorn sausage 1 syn.

I am still really hungry now and all I want to do is stuff my face with chocs! I have heb and a half left over and a few syns so will try and stick within that.

Had 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), hi fi light and special k chewy bar (hebs)

hea- 2
heb- 1/2 so far
syns- 8.5

Last edited:
Friday

Breakfast- porridge and yogurt 1/2 syn, scan bran 1 syn and dairylea 2 syns.

Orange

Lunch- free supernoodles and beans

apple, grapes

Dinner- count on us mushroom risotto 4 syns, green beans, broccoli and bns.

Tried v hard to be good today- had a family event and everyone was having takeaway. I avoided that and got myself a wee ready meal in m&s with some free veg so at least I didn't have to cook anything. Also managed to avoid the cake so I am going to treat myself with a packet of ryvitta minis (heb) and a dime bar (7.5 syns) now.

hea- 1
heb- 2
syns- 15

Saturday

Breakfast- fruit salad (melon, grapes, pomegranate) and free count on us yogurt.

Lunch- m&s eat well feta and slow roast tomato pasta salad- 6 syns, plus quorn roll ups (quark and green beans in centre).

Home after a hard days shopping and have to confess to eating a small tin of baked beans straight out of the tin lol. But it has kept me away from everything else so it may be gross but can't be too bad!

Dinner- dh is making sw enchiladas (free/hea) and bns chips.

2 x gin and tonic (7 syns).

Hea-2
Heb- 1 (chewy delight)
Syns- 13

Last edited:
Sunday

Spent a lovely day today, out for a walk with the boys most of the day, scrumping for apples and getting sloes for my sloe gin! Weather has been so nice so making the most of it whilst we can. It means my cross trainer challenge for the month has been a dismal fail, but I suppose at least I am getting exercise anyway!

Breakfast- 2x m&s mini wholemeal subs (heb), 2 slices quorn bacon (3 syns), 'fried' cherry tomatoes.

Banana, coffee with sugar 0.5 syns

Lunch- batchelors curry rice and green beans

Dinner- sw cheesy spinach cannelloni (2 syns- forgot to add all the cheese in at the start lol so just topped it with a hea of cheese instead),with grilled peppers. Mini ice cream snickers (4.5 syns).

Hot choc (2 syns) and chewy bar (heb).

Hea- 1
Heb- 2
Syns- 12

Monday- starve a fever, feed a cold...

Dosed with the cold today and have been feeling sorry for myself. Still on plan just about!

Breakfast- scan bran porridge (4x scan bran), Satsuma.

Pineapple and yogurt 0.5 syns, scan bran and dairylea light (part hea).

2x Mikado 1 syn, 2x satsumas, banana

Lunch- pasta with leftover cannelloni filling (free), half heb of rf cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach.

Slice of cake (calculated the syns for this from the back of the pack vs size of portion) 11 syns.

Dinner- veg soup, jacket potato, baked beans, rest of heb cheese, dairylea triangle (hea) 2x lmc Italian sausages (1syn).

hea- 2
heb-2
syns- 13.5

I have my weigh in tonight.. weighed myself this morning and think I will be lucky to swing a STS even though I have been good and on plan this week. I will not be a happy bunny lol, I thought with measuring my milk, double checking my syns etc. it would make a difference this week. Still we shall see, maybe better to go on their scales than mine.

Really hope to get a loss though; it would be disheartening after a good week (for a change!) not to.

Tuesday- weigh in day

Breakfast- scan bran porridge (4x scan bran), dash of milk from allowance, sweetner (heb). I had a root canal done this morning so could only have something mushy, no superfree etc.

Lunch- veg soup, 1x scan bran (rest of heb), dairylea light 1.5 syns, 2x lmc Italian sausages 1 syn. HiFi light 1/2 heb.

Post-weigh in- hi fi light 1/2 heb, banana, yogurt 0.5 syns.

Dinner- pasta with veg packed sauce, hea of cheese.

Caramel slice 9 syns.

hea- 2
heb- 2
syns- 12

Last edited:
Disappointed to report a 1/2lb gain tonight. Pretty disheartening although not unexpected as I didn't feel like I would have a loss. Still, I cannot understand where I went wrong this week- I have been pretty much 100%; weighed my hex, stayed within syns (88 for the week)....

Anyway, I have a plan made out for the week ahead for meals so I will try and not let it get to me even though all I want to do is eat and say sod sw lol

Hi! Hope you don't mind me commenting :) You are doing really well, I know an unexpected gain is so hard to take though :) Are you drinking plenty of water with the scan bran? It never agreed with me, I always gained or had poor losses when I would eat it, the opposite to everyone else. I think I wasn't drinking enough, so it bunged me up and soaked in fluid. Dont be disheartened :)

Disappointed to report a 1/2lb gain tonight. Pretty disheartening although not unexpected as I didn't feel like I would have a loss. Still, I cannot understand where I went wrong this week- I have been pretty much 100%; weighed my hex, stayed within syns (88 for the week)....

Anyway, I have a plan made out for the week ahead for meals so I will try and not let it get to me even though all I want to do is eat and say sod sw lol

Sorry 2 hear bout yer wee gain hun but it is only a wee 1 so don't b 2 disheartened! I'm sure it's just a blip xx

Hi! Hope you don't mind me commenting :) You are doing really well, I know an unexpected gain is so hard to take though :) Are you drinking plenty of water with the scan bran? It never agreed with me, I always gained or had poor losses when I would eat it, the opposite to everyone else. I think I wasn't drinking enough, so it bunged me up and soaked in fluid. Dont be disheartened :)

Hey no you are welcome to pop by! It is a good point about the scan bran i always drink plenty of tea and coffee but i have to make a real effort to remember to drink water esp in work. I will maybe try a glass of water per cup of tea and see if that helps? Thanks x

Sorry 2 hear bout yer wee gain hun but it is only a wee 1 so don't b 2 disheartened! I'm sure it's just a blip xx

Hey missus i know i shouldnt let it get to me, it is only half a pound lol. But i was suprised how embarassed i felt at weigh in haha. I have been going to group proper for 4/5 weeks now and losing or gaining that same half pound for most of them. Feel like a bit of a chump though i guess being over three stone lighter 3 years after first joining is something and i just need to bear that in mind.

Wednesday

After last night i have made out a wee plan for the week until next weigh in, just main meals. Snacks will be the usual fruit yogurts cereal bars and some syns for treats etc.

Breakfast porridge and berries
Lunch pasta with lots of veg
Dinner at mums... so not sure what. At least i have nearly a week to counteract any major synnage!

If i remember i will pop my plan on tonight. Planning on a nice bath and hot choc when i get home tonight. Still dosed with cold so hoping the thought of it will keep me going through the day.

Also, thinking of starting a thread as i think there may be a bit of a hormonal influence on my gain. I know alot of women gain at totm: i wonder does the same apply during ovulation?

Back