Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Busy day yesterday so only updating now. Dinner at mum and dads which always presents a challenge!

B- ryvitta, dairylea and marmite (heb and hea) with tomatoes.

L- pasta salad with roast veg and sliced quorn fillet.

Banana and 2 oranges.

D- boiled rice and quorn and veg curry 6 syns for sauce (mayflower), bit of mini naan bread 5 syns. Rice pudding for afters 8 syns??

Had a hifi bar i found in the back of the cupboard with a cup of tea before bed.

Hea x2
Heb x2
Syns 19

In hindsight maybe weighing in the night after dinner at my mums is not such a good idea :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Anyway i did weigh in this morning and have put just under 0.5lb on. Not terribly suprised as i didnt believe last weeks loss lol so this is a bit more what i would expect to see on the scales. Plus i wasnt very good on saturday!

Just a quick update tonight as i am knackered! Cant believe it isn't even half 9. Will have to get caught up with diaries.

B-3 x ryvitta and dairylea with marmite and tomatoes (hea and 4.5 syns). Orange.

L- forgot jacket potato so had beans on toast (heb).

Banana and shape yogurt 0 5 syns.

In mcdonalds with kids and had side salad and half a small portion of fries 4.5 syns. Diet coke.

Yogurt coated rice cake 4 syns.

D- 2 jacket potatoes with sweetcorn, onion and cheese (heb) and extra light mayo 1 syn. Cucumber, tomato and chilli salad.

Hea x2
Heb x 2
Syns 14.5 syns

Yippee its friday! And a long weekend as well for at patricks day plus the formula one is starting again :D many reasons to be cheerful! I will just forget about the mound of washing and housework that needs done for the minute....

Weighed myself this morning and a pound off since yesterday?! Why couldnt it have been on wi day lol.

B- porridge (heb) with activia 0%. Orange.

L- jacket potato and 3 salads: waldorf style with celery apple red onion and extra light mayo 1 syn, cucumber tomato and chilli and a spoonful of sweetcorn salad from last night.

Orange and irish diet yogurt pineapple and coconut flavour yum!

Dinner not sure yet. I will see if the boys have been fed first. I think we will be settling down to watch a wee movie or something and chill out so it might be burgers or enchiladas.

Edited- dinner

Boys all wanted pizza which suited fine as we were late home. Chopped up veg so they could make a pizza with a 'grumpy' face lol (modelled on mummy perhaps?!) and made a smash pizza base. I haven't had one of these in ages and it was really nice although could have made the base thinner.

Topped it with tomato sauce, hea of cheese, quorn sausage, sweetcorn, courgette, cherry toms and chilli pepper. Put a tin of potatoes in the actifry with oil and threw in a bit of lf spread and garlic at the end (4.5 syns and ate half so 2.5 syns).

Had a peanut hi-fi bar (heb). 2 x g and t 5 syns.

Hea x2
Heb x 2
Syns 8.5.

Last edited:
Saturday

I had such a lovely day yesterday, took the kids to a fun farm and they got to feed lambs and a kid, loads of little fluffy baby animals. I could've have taken a baby bunny home in my pocket. They also have loads of activities (including a massive air pillow which I of course had to get on and 'supervise' to make sure the boys didn't hurt themselves ;)) so lots of walking and exercise. Got home to watch the rugby and see Ireland lift 6 nations trophy and a nice cosy evening in front of the fire.

But the food wasn't great....

Breakfast- ate 2 mini pancakes, which just popped into my mouth. I made them for the kids but when they were done I practically licked the leftover syrup off the plate.
2 slices wm bread- 1 with dairylea triangle and 1 with lf spread and jam. Also ate a quorn sausage.

Lunch- picnic lunch, so a couple of jam sandwiches, some ryvitta crisp breads and dairylea, an alpen light bar, shortbread fingers (about 5!), mini babybel.

2X bottles of magners light (in honour of the rugby of course, but it was only 92 cals per bottle!), handful of rice thins.

2x mf burger, wm bap, sw chips, cheese slice, tomato sauce. A caramac (my Lenten cheat, it has no chocolate in it).

Bit of a hodge podge of a day and not a bit of fruit or veg in sight which was disgraceful. Made sure the boys got theirs but didn't fancy it at all myself. Really must do better!

Well I have been awol past few days, my food has been awful (think Pizza Hut and getting to break Lent on St Patrick's Day etc.) and I just haven't managed to dust myself down and get back on track yet.

To be honest I am feeling absolutely exhausted the past few days so I'm sure that is partly to do with it, I am eating just to stay awake. I was grand on Tuesday and all day yesterday but had dinner at my mums and she made me a meal which she later told me contained a Whole Block of Blue Cheese :eek:
No wonder it tasted so good.

Anyway, today hasn't been great either: toast and tomatoes for breakfast, made a pot of homemade carrot and parsnip soup for me and the boys (off work today) for lunch then more toast. Dinner- I have made a sausage casserole (pepper, onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, seasoning) which we will have with mash and broccoli. Had a few slices of quorn ham as well but just want to stuff my face with sweet stuff...

Mmmmmm, blue cheese... I don't indulge very often, but used to love the Stilton/oatcake/red wine combo around Christmas time...
Today doesn't sound too bad for you! Casserole sounds lovely. I know what you mean about defaulting to toast in a rush tho!

Moonbeam I just love my toast. It is such a comfort food for me! Mmmm hot buttery toast and a cup of tea. Not very Sw friendly the way I like it!

So Friday's diary, only updating now. It actually went ok although it felt like it would go pear-shaped at anytime iykwim?! Oh, and I should have posted, I weighed in at 134lbs on Thursday. Sigh. So a wee gain. I might have to change my weigh in day to Saturday as weighing in the morning after a dinner at my mums seems so counterproductive! Then I can have a wee treat Saturday and have all week to work it off!

B- 2 slices wm bread, dairylea, tomatoes and marmite (someone in work as almost sick when they saw me making this lol). An orange.

L- leftover sausage casserole and broccoli. Mug shot because I was still hungry.

Raspberries and a yogurt.

Had to go collect my car and stuck dinner on for the kids when I got home. We had to go get a bit of shopping which was a mistake as when we got home I was knackered and didn't want to cook. I was good though as I had full intentions of buying an indian or a pizza.

Still, I ended up with just a pasta n sauce (no veg), a packet of twiglets (5 syns) and a magners light (5 syns).

And a spoonful of golden syrup......:eek:

2.5 syns per level tbsp. I think so prob just around that.

hea- 2
heb- 1 (I should have used this up and had ryvitta minis instead of the twiglets)
Syns- 12.5

I've finally found your diary lol

It sounds like you had a fun St. Patricks day.

Well done on getting back in track, your food sounds tasty :)

B- 2 slices wm bread, dairylea, tomatoes and marmite (someone in work as almost sick when they saw me making this lol).

Holy, I thought it sounded yummy (although I'd replace the Marmite with Bovril).
Although I can see why someone who's never done SW would view it with a bit of gag-factor, hahaha... Some of the meals I've put together since I started would have been enough to send me running in the other direction a few years ago. Like PLAIN potatoes, broc, carrots withOUT any butter or gravy or cheese sauce or anything???? Or my recent fave, tomato Mugshot with a poached egg. Bleurgh! But Yum!

I've finally found your diary lol

It sounds like you had a fun St. Patricks day.

Well done on getting back in track, your food sounds tasty :)

Hi! It is not great reading at the moment im afraid. I need a boot up the ar$e i think! Keep falling on and off the wagon but i will keep persevering. :)

Holy, I thought it sounded yummy (although I'd replace the Marmite with Bovril).
Although I can see why someone who's never done SW would view it with a bit of gag-factor, hahaha... Some of the meals I've put together since I started would have been enough to send me running in the other direction a few years ago. Like PLAIN potatoes, broc, carrots withOUT any butter or gravy or cheese sauce or anything???? Or my recent fave, tomato Mugshot with a poached egg. Bleurgh! But Yum!

Haha it does force you to get inventive. Couscous for breakfast and pizza made out of instant mash anyone?!

:banghead:

Off plan again. Sat wasnt too bad during the day. Banana for breakfast (dh let me lie in as i wasnt well). Had jacket potato beans and a quorn peppered steak made by dh for lunch. Then a coffee and an alpen light when out at soft play centre with the kids.

3vening was bad though. Wine 2 glasses and a magners (cant take my drink anymore this had me well tipsy). Ryvitta minis, fair enough. Indian veg curry and rice, ok. Samosas, bahjis etc. Not so good.

Ended up i woke at 3am and could not get back to sleep. I was up til half 8 and knackered so back to bed for an hour. Too tired to be bothered yesterday. Ate alot of toast, some soup for lunch. Enchiladas for dinner (i had lost all willpower at that stage). Cornflake crispie. Did head out for a good long walk with the kids late afternoon though and that lifted my mood a bit.

----------------------------------------------
Line drawn, it's a new week.

:)

Monday plan

B-porridge and fruit or wm toast and tomato.

L- quorn in enchilada spice with veg and wm bread.

D- potatoes veg and peppered steak.

Yogurts, banana. Im going to try spending my syns on extra hex to fill me up i think and see how that goes. Lots of water as well today. 2ill pick some fruit up on the way into work.

Actually decided to go for a success express day today as i have been so bad recently and im sure my bidy will thank me for the fruit and veg even if i dont have a loss. 1ltr water alreay today.

B- Porridge and lots of fruit banana and oranges

L- enchilada quorn mix 2 syns and wm bread with massive bowl of salad. Veg in the enchilada mix too.

Need to refresh my head on SE as im not 100% im doing it right but will see about doing it tomorrow as well.

So yesterday i did day 1 of success express and going to give it a go today as well. I have plenty coming up in the next few days that will throw up a few hurdles (takeaway, poss afternoon tea on sat and then mothers day) so hoping a few good days will stand me in good stead and stop me from blowing it!

Day 1 success express

B- porridge (heb) banana 3 oranges.

L- massive salad with salad leaves peppers tomatoea red onion. Quorn enchilada mix (2 syns for sauce) with wm bread (heb).

Grapes, an orange, free yogurt.

D- snacked on carrot sticks and made potatoes (free), carrots, broccoli, bns, mushrooms all superfree and a quorn peppered steak. 3 syns for oil.
Had a cornflake crispie for dessert 6 syns.

Hea 1
Heb 2
Syns 11
Had at least 2lts of water and usual tea coffee.

Not sure of anyone reading has done SE and can tell me if this looks right? Might try and post it to the SE thread when i get near my laptop.

Tuesday day 2 success express

B-porridge (heb) and raspberries. Banana and oranges.

L- made a batch of spicy superfree veg soup (tomatoes carrots courgette chilli onions) with beans (not sf) and i will add a few meat free 'meatballs' to bulk it out. Grapes for after and 2x ryvitta and dairylea (part heb plus part hea)

D- was heaps of stirfried pepper onion garlic chilli courgette and mushrooms. Had 2 mf burgers with some cheese from hea and batchelors rice.

Pineapple cream bun 9 syns and another ryvitta to make up my hex.

Snacked on grapes oranges and carrot sticks. Lots of water.

Hea x2
Heb x2
Syns 9

Last edited:
Maybe someone can correct me on this but the last time I did sw at class low cal wine (under 10%) was 9-10 syns per bottle?

Just checked and it looks like wine labeled as alcohol free is about 9 or10 syns for a bottle. The low alcohol ones (under 5.5%) are more like 16 or 17 per bottle.
Ooh wait, theres one in there called Green Ridge Chardonnay Spring that is 3 syns per 250ml, so 9 syns for a 750 ml bottle. Hmmmm... I wonder if it might be worth checking these out. I love my wine, but it often causes me to go over on my syns!

Hi all been awol the past few days. Its been busy and alot going on but back to 'normal' now :)

I have been off track more than on (as i knew i would) with friends round for dinner and mothers day, afternoon tea etc.

My weigh in was a sts which is fine. Scales were just over 0.5lb down last night (mid week weigh in).

Stressful few days for one thing and another but all is good now which is the main thing. I will try and catch up on diaries when i get a sec. Usually read on the train but wifi hasn't been working grrrr.

Yesterday
B- porridge with 0% yogurt and banana (heb)

L- 2 slices wm bread (heb) 2x dairylea marmite and tomato. 2 oranges.

Alpen light bar (3 syns) babybel light (rest of hea)

Dinner- sausage casserole with mash (7 syns it was the prepck mash i didnt get to eat on mothers day lol).

Hea x 2
Heb x 2
Syns x 10

Happy enough with that.

Back