Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

That's it in a nutshell. I'm actually gonna start on Saturday coz going out for lunch tomorrow with my big sister and she does like to spoil me a little and I don't like to say no and it only happens every few months, I will be in a better place willpower wise next time we meet up hopefully.

I can't remember the last time I felt this happy though. I'm doing loads of walking every day, I'm meeting up with people again and Im off all medication and have finally sorted out my insomnia - but my body is struggling because of this weight and I need to do something about it because I want to be around for a long, long time.

So D day is Saturday. I'm aiming for a pound a week and just concentrate on keeping it real 80% of the time and not beating myself up if I fail 20% of the time now and again.

I'm thinking of going EE until I get back into the swing of it....oh gawd! it all seems so daunting again *tuts*

xxxx

That's it in a nutshell. I'm actually gonna start on Saturday coz going out for lunch tomorrow with my big sister and she does like to spoil me a little and I don't like to say no and it only happens every few months, I will be in a better place willpower wise next time we meet up hopefully.

I can't remember the last time I felt this happy though. I'm doing loads of walking every day, I'm meeting up with people again and Im off all medication and have finally sorted out my insomnia - but my body is struggling because of this weight and I need to do something about it because I want to be around for a long, long time.

So D day is Saturday. I'm aiming for a pound a week and just concentrate on keeping it real 80% of the time and not beating myself up if I fail 20% of the time now and again.

I'm thinking of going EE until I get back into the swing of it....oh gawd! it all seems so daunting again *tuts*

xxxx

Good to hear you sounding so positive, I've jsut popped back here for the first time in a couple of months and your's was the first post I read :) Brave you for going back. I've just gone back too, had my second WI the night before last.

Sounds like we are all connected in some way - all drawn back to minimins together again! :) xxx

Always said it - we are the three musketeers...All for one etc. i believe you meet people for a reason (or are drawn to them) and you two kept me on track for longer than I'd ever been before. I just accept now I will always have to diet on off on off and I'm ok with that. Would like my weight to be generally a bit lower though ie not return to 14 but to 13. I will work on that. Sending lots of light and love to you both x (can you tell I've been meditating?)

Well revisiting the SW plan has had to be put on hold for at least a week.

My sisters house-sitter let her down and decided to stay with his student friends drinking somewhere instead of getting in touch and making arrangements. So Im now house sitting and keeping her African grey parrot 'Frankie' company while my sister enjoys a week away in Wales with her hubs, kids and grand kids.

The fridge and cupboards are full of the kind of stuff that the person who let her down likes to eat. Of course it's micro meals and pot noodles chicken nuggets, crisps, cheese, chocolate, biscuits etc .... basically everything that only a 19 year old student would want to eat and still remain 10 stone wet through - sigh!.

I did consider some damage limitation practice by maybe buying heaps of salad and fruit whilst in Asda buying Frankie's water melon and pineapple but thought sod it. So I'm going with the flow. I can offer no excuses for the McDonald's I had on the way back though ;) xx

Well revisiting the SW plan has had to be put on hold for at least a week.

My sisters house-sitter let her down and decided to stay with his student friends drinking somewhere instead of getting in touch and making arrangements. So Im now house sitting and keeping her African grey parrot 'Frankie' company while my sister enjoys a week away in Wales with her hubs, kids and grand kids.

The fridge and cupboards are full of the kind of stuff that the person who let her down likes to eat. Of course it's micro meals and pot noodles chicken nuggets, crisps, cheese, chocolate, biscuits etc .... basically everything that only a 19 year old student would want to eat and still remain 10 stone wet through - sigh!.

I did consider some damage limitation practice by maybe buying heaps of salad and fruit whilst in Asda buying Frankie's water melon and pineapple but thought sod it. So I'm going with the flow. I can offer no excuses for the McDonald's I had on the way back though ;) xx

Cest la vie!

Well managed to get back on the plan yesterday. Did a green day and used 7 syns. Today is an EE and had porridge and fruit for brekkie, mackerel and salad for lunch with fruit and planning on hotpot and cabbage for dinner :)

If I had a pound for every time I've yo-yo'd this flippin' plan I would be a skinny assed size 6.

Sunday night (actually its past mid-night so it's really Monday morning) and all I've done all weekend apart from eat and not sleep much is research eating plans to find one that will suit me once and for all...Atkins, Dukan, Calorie Counting, Weight Watchers, Rosemary Conley, Special K plan etc....I just know that whatever plan I decide to abuse this time I'll probably do what I normally do and that is to lose a stone or even a stone and a half and then get ignorant and cock-sure and balls it all up again...I've might has well be on a bungy cord bouncing up and down...stone off, stone on, stone off, stone on.

I'm still trying to work through whether to start SW tomorrow or try calorie counting again...truth is..in the back of my mind I know I just can't be bothered with any of it....but at 5ft 5" and now 17st 6lbs it hurts me just to turn over in bed, my blood pressure it ridiculous I'm a borderline diabetic and my joints are inflamed so much - this should be enough but it's not, not even being in a stretchy size 20 or a fitted size 22/24 with not just bingo wings but friggin bat wings is enough to shove me ...meh! I wish I could get my head back in the game...a wedding and a christening happening this weekend coming and then a day out with the kids to southport all to me equals plan/diet fail, because I know what I'm like lol ....?

So started SW plan again yesterday - even if I only get 5 good days before the heavy long weekend then it's a start.

So I did a green day:

A) skimmed milk
A) 40g reduced fat cheddar
B) 35g porridge oats
B) 60g bread roll

Breakfast: banana and yoghurt

Lunch: home-made carrot and sweet potato soup. Apple.

Dinner: pasta pie, with large salad, gherkins, beetroot and sweet corn.

Supper: porridge oat mixed with fat free vanilla yoghurt and tinned drained mandarins.

Last edited:
You on it Hun? I'm TERRIBLE gaining more and more and feel HORRIBLE but out of control. Essay in today so will try for a balanced week though hear d has planned a celebration uhoh. Over 1 stone on since my lightest - it goes on so fast but I've been sitting so hoping I will lose on hols with all that walking. How are you going?

Back