Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Hooray!!!! I'm SO glad you resisted- just got to focus on how much we want this and when tempted get on here and ask for support. If fingers are busy typing they can't be in the fridge!!

Ps totally agree about tinned fruit if its drained I just don't see the issue. It's like cooked fruit - my consultant used to say - if ou old eat a banana in a day it's ok to have one cooked in a couscous cake. I think it's just about common sense ie not drinking smoothies.

Oh don't get me started lol same with making a pizza base out of a packet of instant mash what once was deemed free has now seemingly been deemed to be synned as if you're eating it on a red day grrrrr it's not happening not in this house anyway lol! SW haven't made many changes since I started the yo-yo relationship with it in 1992 but the changes they've made don't really affect anyone much if you just adopt a bit of common sense. There's so many things where people panic without getting it into perspective first - shall shut up now lol :) xx

I've just had this for lunch :)

image.jpg

Homemade broccoli and blue cheese soup and it was very scrummy I've frozen half of it for another day too because I made far too much. I'm so used to cooking lunch for both me and hubbs, but since he's decided he's going to eat lunch at work I have to get out of the habit of cooking for 2 and not eating it all lol

Breakfast was just yoghurt and fruit and coffee

. I always eat light the day before WI so I'm thinking of making some hummus and having that with ryvitas and a mugshot and maybe a yoghurt and a sugar free jelly with fruit later.

Cant wait to get tomorrow over with at least I'm excited about it instead of dreading it like last week. But it's been flippin' hard at times even with all this free food that you can eat my head always tells me I want what I just can't have and its ridiculous hopefully I've gone a little step forward of getting out of this binge habit, I've not binged at all this week, but I'm getting seriously sick of fruit lol but needs must if I want to control this sweet tooth :) xx

You've done so well. It's just about getting out of the habit of instant gratification! There are other low syn nice sweet tooth helpers. I've got mini chupa chups 1 syn each. Nutella or lemon curd or raspberry jam ( I use tiptree - expenny but the best) stirred into quark. Banana, s-f rasp jelly and tub l/f custard- 6 syns and will fill you right up!! The old favourites are of course homemade rice pud with hex a and options stirred in or any kind of couscous cake oh or that lemon pasta cake!! Also a great lemon terrine v v low syns or a sweet omelette with yog and pineapple/peach etc. ask if you need recipes for any of these!!

So I ended up defrosting some syn free sweet and sour sauce that I made and froze last week, I made some thick cut SW chips to go with it and poached 2 Quorn fillets to go with the sauce. I also had 1 slice of bread to use my hexB (can't resist a chip butty :)) lol. I finished it off with a vanilla muller for pudding and was completely stuffed.

So why I decided to start moving the living room and dining room round at 7pm is beyond me, I think it might have something to do with the 6 shelving units I bought from my friend and collected at the weekend. The more I shifted and moved over things to fit these shelves the more mess I was creating lol.

Anyway it's now 10.30pm both lounge and dining room are looking very dapper with their respective shelving units housing all my cherished hard-backs :) all very happy and positive apart from one negative :( .....Im sitting here drinking wine with the hubbs infact we've already seen good to one large bottle and now on the second :( this means I've gone over my syns AGAIN!... but we've been so serious and hissed off with each other lately that when he suggested a glass of wine instead of responding with my usual 'no' and then being so uptight for the rest of the night because he was relaxing and having a drink... I said yes! And have said yes to every glass since :D and we've had such a laugh moving this flippin furniture around all for a few book cases lol.

Anyway tomorrow will be what it will be my head will regret sharing 2 massive bottles of hock with hubbs tomorrow morning and the scales will say what they say. Until tomorrow :) xxx

Well a bit of marital bonding is vital. I love a few glasses of red in with my hubby. Sure it won't affect wi too much... I am still very hopeful. Am out tonight but will dig out the recipes and get them on here for you x

2lb off for me :) I feel a little under whelmed by that and I know I shouldn't but this week has been so very hard for all reasons concerning food and drink and when I stepped on those scales this morning it was like a shrug and a sigh moment. Yes yes I know 2lb is a good and realistic loss blah, blah but when you got 7 and a half stones and already a month has passed and you're only 5 lb lighter somehow doing another month of this averaging the same loss seems such a 'life is too short' kind of mentality. I'm going to trudge on the best I can and see how I fair with it all, suppose you only get out what you put in really.

There must be something in the air Michelle because I feel totally hissed off today too and not with the hubbs for a change. Mind you it doesn't help that everytime I cough or swallow I feel like I've just inhaled a bucket of razor blades and that I'm due on any day soon :mad::sigh:.

well done on your 2lb loss though, reading diary you sound like you feel a little like me have I got that right :confused: you deserved to lose more though love I don't think I've had a total 100% week since the first week so I don't know why I'm moaning :ashamed0005:

Anyway onwards and downwards love. Off to the charity shops to hunt out books, I LOVE books but only autobiographies and I've got lots of shelves to fill now :D.

Didn't end up going out in the end. It's been persisting down all day and I've nearly coughed myself into a snotty heap more than a few times so it's been basically housework with p.j's on kind of day.

Breakfast was the usual truck load of coffee (hexA) with a yoghurt and a banana hoping for some relief from it on my throat.

Lunch was actually really very nice :) 2 Quorn burgers (1 syn) between 2 slices of toasted bread (2 hexB) spread with 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA) I really enjoyed it and have used all of my healthy extras which is a bonus for me.

Tea is going to be a Quorn and red pepper curry with some yummy wild rice. I'm trying this mayflower curry sauce that people seem to rave about on here. But 4 syns seems a lot for 100ml of it when I can make a massive syn free curry all of my own, but the general feeling is this curry sauce is the closest I will get to a take away curry without using a load of syns so I'm gonna try it and no doubt it will be as good as every says it is.

I'm really struggling today because I really want chocolate :sigh: I don't want the treat size version of anything or something that's been carefully synned for I want a massive plate of the stuff.

I want to eat it until I feel totally sick of the stuff.

I've sat here and imagined chocolate cake and a family size bar of cadburys whole nut on a big plate surrounded by creme eggs and maoam pinballs and chews :eek: Something is seriously wired wrong with me at the moment lol - this is just not normal at all! Thing is I'd rather go without than have a little bit - because I know I won't stop at just a little bit. Now this is me really testing my will power to the max and I really, really don't know how I'm going to manage to keep this going.

I don't want alternatives I want the real thing and lots of it...grrrrrr!
Wish my hormones would go and take a long walk off a short pier and give me at least a fighting chance of losing a decent amount of weight for a change. :cry:

Watch this space :banghead:

Nooooooo step away from the chocolate thoughts (and pinballs yummmmmm I love haribo)!! It's cause you've been in all day and trapped! Do something to occupy yourself . Get out a dress or jeans you want to get into. Just know that you are sabotaging yourself and you don't need choc but want it - and what will it really bring you? Happiness? The size you want? Any real kind if satisfaction? You will just feel caca if you do it. What about a proper size snickers or something or would that just open the door to disaster ?? You need alternatives that satisfy you. I will give you the recipes ASAP - it's urgent!!!! I know it's ploddy and painful but I would rather be doing this and losing 1-2 lbs pw than gaining that much and more. I'm fed up with muffin tops & hiding my body & feeling embarrassed like people are looking at me but realising because I'm a porker they're not!! I'm also very aware how unhealthy it is and how for me eating is actually self harming in an acceptable way. When I realised I was adding to my anxiety and future Unhealthiness I just didn't want to do it anymore. Think about what you REALLY want and what long term will make you the happiest. We absolutely will do it. Lecture over!!!

2lbs is not bad is it I guess ??

Ps nice to see you! You look very young!

2 pound is amazing. The other person is right step away and go and try something that you want to fit into trust me it will help sortnthe craving.

Nooooooo step away from the chocolate thoughts (and pinballs yummmmmm I love haribo)!! It's cause you've been in all day and trapped! Do something to occupy yourself . Get out a dress or jeans you want to get into. Just know that you are sabotaging yourself and you don't need choc but want it - and what will it really bring you? Happiness? The size you want? Any real kind if satisfaction? You will just feel caca if you do it. What about a proper size snickers or something or would that just open the door to disaster ?? You need alternatives that satisfy you. I will give you the recipes ASAP - it's urgent!!!! I know it's ploddy and painful but I would rather be doing this and losing 1-2 lbs pw than gaining that much and more. I'm fed up with muffin tops & hiding my body & feeling embarrassed like people are looking at me but realising because I'm a porker they're not!! I'm also very aware how unhealthy it is and how for me eating is actually self harming in an acceptable way. When I realised I was adding to my anxiety and future Unhealthiness I just didn't want to do it anymore. Think about what you REALLY want and what long term will make you the happiest. We absolutely will do it. Lecture over!!!

2lbs is not bad is it I guess ??

Ps nice to see you! You look very young!

Youre totally 100% right in everything you say....I have been stuck in the house feeling seriously rough with this cough and sore throat and generally feeling sorry for myself and being a martyr. I should of gone book hunting like initially intended but I'm definitely going tomorrow might even treat myself to a new book or 3 at the WH smith sale.

I think I'm going to try a few red days and cut down on the carbs so I'm not having to fight so much with the massive sugar lows and might feel a lot more satisfied with some protein in my plan. I know I won't be buying mullers when I go shopping on Friday Im actually getting so fed up of them.

glad you like the pic it was taken last year while I was drunk lol you can't see properly but I've got a ridiculously silly cat hat on and some jaying phones - black and white pics always hide the wrinkles well ;) I'm 44 in June xx

oh by the way the mayflower curry sauce was absolutely yummy!!' and it did taste like a take out Chinese curry type thing I added allsorts to it in the end the kids and hubbs loved it :)

image.jpg

Onwards and downwards xxx

2 pound is amazing. The other person is right step away and go and try something that you want to fit into trust me it will help sortnthe craving.

Im gonna give myself a slap upside of the head I have my beloved pair of GAP jeans that have hardly seen the light of day since I bought them, this is going to change sooner rather than later! xx

Oh hello! :) you're very puuurrrittttyyy Michelle xx

Been out this morning even though Mother Nature is playing psycho-lil with the weather. Met my son for a coffee sat there grumbling about how Starbucks cant really justify so much fat and crap in a cup of coffee, was only moaning coz I wanted a caramel latte but wouldn't use the syns for it :D.

So I trundled round the charity shops but didn't see anything that I didn't already have - I have LOTS of autobiographies, mostly old ones from people not really in the public eye anymore, but I do get treated to new ones at birthdays and Christmas usually.

Had a quick look in Waterstone and a quick walk out of it. Very pricey and very unnecessary mark ups especially when I went into WH Smith and saw at least 70% of the new releases had been marked down by 50% of the price Waterstones had them at!.

Anyway took advantage of the 3 for 2 offer on some books at WH Smith. I bought Denise Welch and the third one by Paul O'grady and was struggling to find another - so I ended up buying Paul McKenna hypno Gastric Band book

Now this chap helped me quit smoking a few years ago. I listened to his quit smoking self help hypnosis CD and read the book. I went completely cold turkey and didnt even gain any weight. Then I went and ballsed up and started smoking again 2 years later :( I couldn't listen to his self help hypnosis CD again because I was on medication and seemingly it tends not to be effective if you're on any type of SSRI's or opiate type meds, so ended up using patches and eating my way through every take-away this side of Greater Manchester instead :D

Anyone got any opinions on PM and his wonderful world of weight loss hypnosis?

Back in 2009 when I was working as a customer services manager one of the girls in the office did the I will make you slim hypnotherapy by McKenna and she lost quite a bit of weight without much effort it seemed I think it was about 2 stones. But then she got pregnant and gained abit and then I ended up taking redundancy and never saw her again (thank The Lord because she was an over bearing and irritating piece of work lol) so never really knew how she got no long-term. I've looked on minimins at weight loss hypno and the threads about it seem all guns blazing for about 3 weeks and then it seems to taper off and then stop dead lol. So it's no magic fix then?

Anyway now I'm not on any medication I was wondering whether to try this hypno gastric band, it didn't cost me anything because it was part of the 3 for 2 and you get the cheapest free so it's no big loss. I've not looked at the book it's got a CD and a DVD with it. Hmmm - maybe you ladies can let me know what you think on the subject - would you do it in conjunction with SW or just go for it and throw caution and any other diet motivated thought to the wind? I'm desperate to managed my cravings and sweet tooth, won't hurt to give it a go will it? ;) Or is it going to take just as much effort to manage your eating subliminally rather than just by syns and free food. I cant really gauge how successful hypno would be even though I quit smoking through it, because quitting smoking would be hard no matter now you managed to do it, initially anyway.

Any how!!.....I'm rabbiting too much :p

Breakfast today was a muller light - Ive got to eat them because the fridge is still groaning with them and this time last week I thought I wouldn't be able to survive without them and now they just make me go ewwww!. I had my usual bucket of coffee too (hexA)

I've not had anything for lunch simply because I'm coughing so much it's making me feel sick. So Im sticking to drinks until the feelings subside.

I've already prepared tea which is potatoes, peas and Quorn sausage casserole for later. We have so much Quorn left I will have to work my way through some of it so we have room to put some meat in the freezer lol.

Food wise today has been so-so Im bloated up like a space hopper and due my time of the month anytime now.

Anyway off to change the beds and decide what book to start on now that I can concentrate again and my minds not fluffed with cotton wool type medication side effects lol.

Hope you're having a nice Wednesday whatever you're doing :) xxx

War thankin ya kindly missie (that's meant to be a Deep South accent!)

The girl I work with did mr McKenna think yourself slim and she said it worked. It made her eat less and only when she was hungry. I tried but kept giggling at his voice! I think you could try it alongside Sw.

Strangely my hubby is not only a builder / site manager but is also a qualified hypnotherapist but he said I'm not very susceptible (&when he tried to hypnotise me not to be scared of flying again I kept cracking up).

You see, out today & less sugar angst! Idle hands etc!! It works but hard to plan for every moment. Hope you're feeling a bit better this evening. Will dig out recipes later and put them on here
Mx

War thankin ya kindly missie (that's meant to be a Deep South accent!)

The girl I work with did mr McKenna think yourself slim and she said it worked. It made her eat less and only when she was hungry. I tried but kept giggling at his voice! I think you could try it alongside Sw.

Strangely my hubby is not only a builder / site manager but is also a qualified hypnotherapist but he said I'm not very susceptible (&when he tried to hypnotise me not to be scared of flying again I kept cracking up).

You see, out today & less sugar angst! Idle hands etc!! It works but hard to plan for every moment. Hope you're feeling a bit better this evening. Will dig out recipes later and put them on here
Mx

I can totally relate to the cracking up laughing bit - if I feel I have to be remotely overly serious about anything I turn into Homer Simpson with Barney dancing in my head wanting guffaw at everything.:D. But from what I remember Mr McKenna had one of those voices - mind you it was a long time ago and I was desperate to quit smoking... But I did find I looked forward to listening to him he had an mmmmm affect on me and made me a big goose bumpy at times too :eek: ....and he is SOOOO NOT my type, very strange indeedy! xx

I can totally relate to the cracking up laughing bit - if I feel I have to be remotely overly serious about anything I turn into Homer Simpson with Barney dancing in my head wanting guffaw at everything.:D. But from what I remember Mr McKenna had one of those voices - mind you it was a long time ago and I was desperate to quit smoking... But I did find I looked forward to listening to him he had an mmmmm affect on me and made me a big goose bumpy at times too :eek: ....and he is SOOOO NOT my type, very strange indeedy! xx

now that IS strange! he had that enrique inglesias (not my type of music i hasten to add! i'm more of a slipknot/muse girl myself) thing of always doing a sound when he talked that i can't write! it's like a door creaking closed. sooooooooooo (click click click click), just think about..... (pause for nlp!).... what you are.... (another nlp pause).... eating....(click click click)...when you become aware of it you can't stop hearing it and it made me cringe/laugh. i like nothing better than a lovely essex boy or a suffolk twang so mckenna doesn't do it for me!

Back