Daisy's Diary!

Morning Hun,thanks about my day :0)
Lol at all those pages..opps!
Back is getting better thanks,still achey and hurts sometimes but not as bad as it was.
Am also picking up the Fybogel today,probably won't start it till next week,got enough with backache and totm then antibiotics,don't fancy that on top,lol
I'm getting the orange one aswell,I doubt I will like it either,will let you know :0)

Do you get free prescriptions? If you don't you could be as well getting the plain psyllium husks from a health food store. It's also called isphagula, which is what is in Fybogel.I paid £4 for my last packet and it's lasted ages. They are completely tasteless although the texture is still pretty rank! Some Fybogel granules do also contain mebeverine though, which is suppose to be an anti spasmodic, but I was prescribed mebeverine, which did nothing for me at all. I found mint tea more effective. I just stick to the psyllium/isaphagula now, mint tea if I need it, and it works a treat for me. I also find that when I did regular yoga, it helped.

Last edited:
moonwatcher said:
Do you get free prescriptions? If you don't you could be as well getting the plain psyllium husks from a health food store. It's also called isphagula, which is what is in Fybogel.I paid £4 for my last packet and it's lasted ages. They are completely tasteless although the texture is still pretty rank! Some Fybogel granules do also contain mebeverine though, which is suppose to be an anti spasmodic, but I was prescribed mebeverine, which did nothing for me at all. I found mint tea more effective. I just stick to the psyllium/isaphagula now, mint tea if I need it, and it works a treat for me. I also find that when I do regular yoga, it helped.

No I don't get them free unfortunately!
Cant drink anything like mint tea!
I know what you mean about the yoga as I found sometimes when I did my Pilates class that it helped.Maybe I should look into that more,someone said the yoga would help with my back as well.

Happy birthday hun xx

I know what you mean about the yoga as I found sometimes when I did my Pilates class that it helped.Maybe I should look into that more,someone said the yoga would help with my back as well.
I used to hate it so I used to add a drop of lemon in.. Now I love it without the lemon juice.. Just a l'il tip as it is really good..

Yep, Yoga and Pilates both good for the back too. You can get mint capsules, which you swallow whole, which are OK. You do need to take them with plenty of water though, or you're aware of smelling a bit like a tube of toothpaste! Another good one is fennel tea apparently, but I don't like fennel, so that's out for me. Might be something else here? Link

Happy birthday daisy hope you have a lovely day xx

Sounds like a good idea. A friend of mine used to add vanilla essence to hers.
Yea I have vanilla in my green tea as I don't like that taste of original green tea.. And I've recently found a green tea with vanilla extract so I dont have to add my own anymore :)

moonwatcher said:
Yep, Yoga and Pilates both good for the back too. You can get mint capsules, which you swallow whole, which are OK. You do need to take them with plenty of water though, or you're aware of smelling a bit like a tube of toothpaste! Another good one is fennel tea apparently, but I don't like fennel, so that's out for me. Might be something else here? Link

I don't like fennel either! Good link though! Thank you :0)

Back