Daisy's Diary!

Morning daisy :) how are u today xx

Ohhh believe me if i could i wouldnt of moved yet :D xxx

when using meat on them they can be a bit messy to clean up although some of the more expensive ones have removable plates to make cleaning easier now. X
I find if you clean it straight away while still hot its just rubs off.. Or if its really tought I put a bit of oil on some kitchen towel n its usually easy enough...
Also, I put chicken either into a toaster bag or tin foil to cook as I find sometimes the grill dries it out too much.. So this A) Keeps it moist and B) saves on cleaning ha ha ha
If I see an offer will let you know. I use a website called ********** for bargain hunting so see them come up quite often on there will give you a shout when I next see one if you havnt already bought one by then :) x
Awww.. I wana know that site.. (Even if it is no good to me here in Ireland... :(
Though you will have to message me the sites name if you do lol ;0)
Not sure if it'll show even in a PM as someone tried mailing me a site before thru PM and it wouldnt' come thru :(

Dubchick81 said:
I find if you clean it straight away while still hot its just rubs off.. Or if its really tought I put a bit of oil on some kitchen towel n its usually easy enough...
Also, I put chicken either into a toaster bag or tin foil to cook as I find sometimes the grill dries it out too much.. So this A) Keeps it moist and B) saves on cleaning ha ha ha

Awww.. I wana know that site.. (Even if it is no good to me here in Ireland... :(

Not sure if it'll show even in a PM as someone tried mailing me a site before thru PM and it wouldnt' come thru :(

Okies bout cleaning..not too bad then!
Oh right about a site not showing in PM either..one letter at a time l.i.k.e t.h.i.s lol

Lol can't believe they starred it out will try a pm!

Had a quick browse for you there Daisy. Amazon are doing the littlest one for £14 (that's the one that's £20 in Argos). However I had one of the smallest ones years ago and it really is pretty tiny you would struggle to get anything more than 2 chicken breasts or a couple sausages on there. The bigger ones still don't take up a lot of space on the worktop I have mine out permanently along with the toaster and kettle as it gets used pretty much daily. There's one called the George foreman heritage grill if you eBay that it should come up being sold by zavvi outlet - that's £27.99 which is a decent price for a big one and it comes in purple or cream (the purple is rather funky I want it!!') x

Had a quick browse for you there Daisy. Amazon are doing the littlest one for £14 (that's the one that's £20 in Argos). However I had one of the smallest ones years ago and it really is pretty tiny you would struggle to get anything more than 2 chicken breasts or a couple sausages on there. The bigger ones still don't take up a lot of space on the worktop I have mine out permanently along with the toaster and kettle as it gets used pretty much daily. There's one called the George foreman heritage grill if you eBay that it should come up being sold by zavvi outlet - that's £27.99 which is a decent price for a big one and it comes in purple or cream (the purple is rather funky I want it!!') x
That's a really good price.. Mine was €54 recently for the family grill..

icklerockchick said:

That's a really good price,won't have any spare cash till the end of September but I will keep my eye out,thank you :0)

I have one they're really handy and use it a lot! I just got a cheap version at Tesco for just over £10 :)

No I think I got the small one but they're bound to have bigger ones, I'd take a look :) Mines lasted ages!

I have one they're really handy and use it a lot! I just got a cheap version at Tesco for just over £10 :)
Yea I got the tesco cheap ass slow cooker.. Just a test to see how much I actually use it and made a deal with myself if I used it continuously and as much as I expected I would, I'd get a "proper one".. It cost €8 (was on half price sale) and its deadly.. I do use it quite a bit and wouldn't have minded paying allot more seen as I do use it, but delighted I tested myself as the one I got is great.. My point?? With the GF and other branded items, you really are just paying for the name!!

Dubchick81 said:
Yea I got the tesco cheap ass slow cooker.. Just a test to see how much I actually use it and made a deal with myself if I used it continuously and as much as I expected I would, I'd get a "proper one".. It cost EUR8 (was on half price sale) and its deadly.. I do use it quite a bit and wouldn't have minded paying allot more seen as I do use it, but delighted I tested myself as the one I got is great.. My point?? With the GF and other branded items, you really are just paying for the name!!

True,I will shop around for sure,you got a good bargain there :0)

I defo did.. I love my slow cooker.. especially when we were in the house.. Tho I do need to now invest in a bigger one, as I got a "1-2 people! one, but really its a 1 person one.. Its tiny.. But i'll be getting the tesco own brand bigger one for sure

The slow cooker will come in very handy for the winter months for you aswell.Good idea to get a bigger one,will save you and Jonathan a chore when you get home from work!

Back