Dam Buster!

lol funny stuff in this thread, made me chuckle... and agree with a lot of the reasons. I want to be able to use play equipment with my son, have photos taken of me, look in the mirror and not feel disgust and wonder where my face has gone..i look so different. I want to be able to wear clothes that dont always have to be loose and baggy and come from fat shops. I want to be able to go back to be a fiery vixen in bed instead of missionary, pull the covers up, don't turn the light on bore!!

I'm loving the fiery Vixen, my hubby would think I had morphed into some one else if I became that lol

I want to go to Alton Towers and be able to ride all the rides. Good few years ago I took my boys and god love the ride assistant he pushed down on the harness type thing that goes over your shoulders as hard as he could but it just was not happening, I was mortified, especially as I was doing slimming world and had lost nearly 5 stone, shows me how big i actually was when I started and I'm a good few stone heavier now :(

oh bless your heart, that is one of my biggest fear, I hate attention on me or feeling embarrassed. That is why I often just don't go on things as I am scared I'll be too big. Last time we took Thomas to paradise park, I jumped on a go kart as I thought no I'm not gonna miss out, really shocked my husband and Thomas loved that Mummy was having a go too! Made me realise how much I miss out on because of either my weight or my insecurities

oh bless your heart, that is one of my biggest fear, I hate attention on me or feeling embarrassed. That is why I often just don't go on things as I am scared I'll be too big. Last time we took Thomas to paradise park, I jumped on a go kart as I thought no I'm not gonna miss out, really shocked my husband and Thomas loved that Mummy was having a go too! Made me realise how much I miss out on because of either my weight or my insecurities

I hate attention too, I'm awful at birthdays etc when I'm being focused on, cant imagine being confident enough to revel in it than trying to avoid it at all costs x

just you wait girlies!! when we are all skinny minnies we will be like "HEY LOOK AT ME" lol once our confidence comes back everything will be better!!!!

It's funny cos when I was a size 12 many years ago, young and single, I used to walk into my regular pub and I would have guys lining up buying me drinks, handing me a cigarette, someone lighting it for me and offering me a seat etc!! I used to love it lol I had long auburn hair and used to wear slim fitting clothes, snug jeans and a little top and heels. Now I am married and a mum so wouldn't want to be like that so much now, I mean I haven't set foot inside a pub for years, but I would love to have a drop of that confidence back. I used to look in the mirror and think yeah girl you look good, now I can't look in the mirror without feeling disgust and disapointment

:cry:just realised how incredibly sad it is to have changed so much and lost so much of "me"

dont be sad!! whether you had gained weight or not - that was also a younger you and as we grow up we change aswell - like really would you have still been doing that as a skinny mum?? no!

That happened to a friend of mine when we went to Alton towers a year or two ago. I thought it was me he was pointing to, but it was her.
I felt so bad for her! And the man wasn't very nice about it either! Jerk!

That happened to a friend of mine when we went to Alton towers a year or two ago. I thought it was me he was pointing to, but it was her.
I felt so bad for her! And the man wasn't very nice about it either! Jerk!

the worst thing was that the embarrassment of the ride being held up and with all the people behind and in front looking at me and the horriffic experience ofnhaving to get up and walk offthe ride.... I did the usual deffensive trick I have as a fatty and that was to make a joke about it and laugh at my self along with all the other people on the ride when secretly inside i was dying :(

Last edited:
oh hun thats tragic, never again though
no way would i be like that now chel but just miss how confident i used to be, du know some days i cant even answer the phone cos i feel like i cant face the world, its ridiculous

It's horrible that feeling!! Well I really hope that as the weight dissolves away your confidence comes pouring back!!!

Back