Damn it! Ate too much!

mathswiz

Always Struggling...
I bet you're all sick of hearing me say that I've eaten too much! I'm sick of writing about it! Grrrrr! I don't know what is wrong with me today. It's not TOTM. Nothing has happened to me to make me want to eat. I just WANT to! I stuck to the plan until after my evening meal. I normally don't eat anything (except some fruit) after dinner, but for some reason I really wanted to eat!

My brother bought a pack of Pringles (the light kind!) Sour Cream & Onion. He ate most of the pack (thank god), but I ate about 10 crisps that were left. Then I really wanted something sweet. The only thing I had in the house were the Exante bars, so I ate a Choc Orange one! Ok, it's not the end of the world I know! A few crisps and an Exante bar are not a big deal!

I'm just shocked at my lack of self control and I am thankful that I don't keep fattening snacks in the house anymore!

Have these 12 weeks of dieting really taught me nothing?! I don't know why but 12st is psychologically a barrier for me. That's why I was so happy when I saw 11st 11 lbs on the scales in Week 10! I don't ever remember being 11st something! Never!

The last time I reached 12st was in 2006. I got complacent and put all the weight back on without ever getting under 12st. I swore to myself that it wouldn't happen this time round. I'll get to goal weight no matter what.

I guess I'm just having a bad day for no reason whatsoever?!

The way I think about it is that I have probably eaten close to 2,000 kcals today which is what a "normal" woman should be eating anyway. So I'm not going to gain any weight as a result of this weekend, but I probably won't lose any either.

This dieting thing is so frustrating at times! It's so easy to fall into the trap of getting frustrated and then over-eating and the cycle just continues. Round and round I go again!

I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning. Dress up smartly for the office. Stick to my diet. And be happy at the end of the day. That's the plan! :D

Sometimes I feel like I can't be helped! I just love eating too much! :help2:

Hi Matswiz..........after seeing this post I went back and looked at my previous diet attempts. This is the 3rd year in a row I've started in April to lose weight.......I get to 12st 2lb and that's it. Like you it's some sort of barrier. I have been close to target before ( 3 times in 15 years) but then go back to old habits and the weight then creeps back on. You have done so well so far that I know you will get over this blip and then go for it !!!!:girlpower:

How have you got on today Lisa?

Hi Matswiz..........after seeing this post I went back and looked at my previous diet attempts. This is the 3rd year in a row I've started in April to lose weight.......I get to 12st 2lb and that's it. Like you it's some sort of barrier. I have been close to target before ( 3 times in 15 years) but then go back to old habits and the weight then creeps back on. You have done so well so far that I know you will get over this blip and then go for it !!!!:girlpower:

You also have a psychological weight barrier?! Glad to know that I am not the only one. I don't know why this happens. I get near 12st (even reach it)...I am there for about 5 minutes and then gain again!

Guess I will have to try my damned hardest not to fall back into that lose / gain cycle.

How have you got on today Lisa?

Didn't go very well yesterday, Sarah. :(

I don't know what was wrong with me. I just REALLY wanted to eat! Luckily there was nothing around apart from Atkins and Exante bars. I did have one of each. :cry:

Then I am ashamed to say that I actually thought about driving to the supermarket to get some crisps and cake! Thank god I didn't...

I really don't know what is wrong with me this week. Whether reaching that dreaded 12st barrier has cursed me again? Or whether I have just lost motivation this week? I might take it easy for the next few days and start again on Friday. I'm such a case!

Is your TOTM due Lisa?

Having an Atkins bar isn't so bad. At least they are low in carbs. And the Exante bar is in the plan.

What you could try doing is having a few veggies cut up in a bowl to pick at. I used to go and get cucumber when I really wanted to eat. Are you eating lots of veggies on your evening meal, as I find if I eat a good amount, I am so full that I don't want anything else.

Is your TOTM due Lisa?

Having an Atkins bar isn't so bad. At least they are low in carbs. And the Exante bar is in the plan.

What you could try doing is having a few veggies cut up in a bowl to pick at. I used to go and get cucumber when I really wanted to eat. Are you eating lots of veggies on your evening meal, as I find if I eat a good amount, I am so full that I don't want anything else.

Sadly I can't even blame this on TOTM!

I think it's a psychological thing, not a physical thing. I'm not physically hungry but I really feel like eating. It's strange!

I'm gonna take a few days out to clear my head and then hopefully re-ignite my motivation on Friday!

I know how you feel. I have only lost 6 pounds since the end of January

Looks like we have the same about of weight to lose (about 20 lbs) to get to goal, Flumpy!

This dieting thing is so difficult.....

One minute I feel really motivated like nothing's gonna stop me (cue 80's song!), but the next minute my willpower will be low and I'd want to eat everything in sight!

What the hell is wrong with me?!

I've decided I'm going to go back to Slim Fast as am spending too much money on Exante and now I'm just in a healthy BMI I wont mind so much only losing a pound or two a week. Mathswiz you only have to lose a few pounds until you are there too but I do know what its like when you'd feel better if you weighed less.

Thanks for all your advice on this board and Sarah good luck as a consultant! xx

Thanks Flumpy and good luck on slim fast.

Back