Dancing !! I need you!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by BIG BIRDY, 28 March 2008 Social URL.

1. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    In another thread you mentioned low carbing and using quinoa flakes as porrige. So on a jaunt to the health food shop to get my PH husks I bought some. Only problem is I don't know what to do with them. Obviously not for now, but later, but how will I make the stuff? How much do I use?? etc etc etc!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you are funny - as long as you promise you aren't going to try it now!

for 4 servings:

1/3 cup quinoa
    little cinnamon or ground ginger if you like
    you can use soya milk, rice milk, skimmed milk, water, apple juice for the liquid (or a mix of water and milk or water and apple juice) - approx 1 cup liquid

plonk it all in saucepan, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for about 7mins - prob less if flakes (5mins?). Just like making porridge. But it tastes creamier 'cos quinoa is different to oats.

don't try it yet

4. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    thankyou!!!

I tried to give you a rep, but got to spread it around a bit first!

Great avatar! What a difference!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i got the rep. Thanks! and thanks re. the photo - first time I've sat in a hairdressers (in I don't know how long) and not had a double chinned watermelon staring back at me in the mirror :)

6. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    It does look good!! That made me laugh although I can completely sympathise with you on the watermelon front, albeit in our past now.. I can't make up my mind to continue to grow it, or have it cut?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.