Dancing

MissSlinky2011

Silver Member
Does anyone go to dance classes? I do zumba and me and my husband do ballroom :D. I used to do ballet, tap, modern, jazz and national until I was 18 then when I wad in uni I did expressive dance lol x x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I don't do classes anymore but I used to when I was a bit younger.

I did ballet, tap, disco, street and latin. I loved ballet (although hated the pain) and latin!

I love to dance, I wish I had never given up going to classes but as I got older I found less time to make classes and just got out of the habit.

I want to give Zumba a try, just got the game for the Wii to give a go before I go letting myself loose in a class, for some reason I've become horribly uncoordinated over the years!!

I always wanted to try ballroom, I've been looking for local classes for ages but there's nothing around my area :(

Oo you should definitely go to zumba its so much fun! And there are people of all shapes and sizes in my class so I feel comfortable instead of self conscious lol

Shame there is no ballroom classes for you we really enjoy it, were one of the only married couples that go and the sensual dances carry on at home lol! X x x

Rather late but just wanted to join in. Enthusiastic dancer here - currently addicted to zumba as you can find classes almost anytime. Also do belly dancing (approx intermediate after 3 years) and dance motivation (more pop and choreo - changes each month). I had persuaded hubby to do latin and ballroom with me - but unfortunately classes ended. Also enjoy tap although difficult to find an adult drop in class. And once upon a time did ballet - but grew out of it (feet and toes lol)

All done enthusiastically rather than gracefully - but it is great exercise;)

Highly recommend zumba class if you haven't been yet:D

I'm having to stop zumba now, its to risky to do while I'm pregnant lol

I live tap but the only adult tap class here is in the afternoon when im working! Lol

X x x

I love salsa, did it for 6 years, then got too selfconcious to go back and my fitness level is awful. Tried to go back last year, but was just too unfit, so have promised myself to go back when I get halfway to target hopefully by the summer.

Would love to try Zumba, there's a local class I keep meaning to go to, but have just been so busy lately haven't had a moment!

i used to do cheerleading and freestyle dancing until i was 18 or 19
some days i miss it, but it wasnt progressing anywhere. id miss about 3 weeks off and come back and they were still not any further into a routine. i miss the competing days.... those were fun.

I'm having to stop zumba now, its to risky to do while I'm pregnant lol

I live tap but the only adult tap class here is in the afternoon when im working! Lol

X x x

you can still do it, just keep it low impact. one of my instructors is 5 1/2 monthes pregnant and still does her pump, combat, attack, spinning and step classes at low impact. she'll demonstatre the high impact but only once. think she said shes carrying on until shes 7 monthes gone.

gina_b said:
you can still do it, just keep it low impact. one of my instructors is 5 1/2 monthes pregnant and still does her pump, combat, attack, spinning and step classes at low impact. she'll demonstatre the high impact but only once. think she said shes carrying on until shes 7 monthes gone.

Mw told me I'm not alloud, the instructor is obviously going to be a lot fitter than me so I would rather not risk it! Walking ny dog an hour a day is exercise enough being pregnant is knackering lol.

I do morris dancing, does that count? Lol!

TBH it's helped with my weight loss - 2 hours of group practice on a Thursday (I now skip the later pub session which also helps) as well as solo practicing throughout the week is a great help towards fitness. It's not all doddery old man y'know?! ;)

I bellydance and zumba. As well I have taken the occasional bollywood & flamenco class/workshops as well.

I go to bellydancing classes on a wednesday night with my friend from work and we love it!! Have also been going to 'Bolly fitness' on a Monday night which is great fun too.

I go ceilidh-dancing when they're on near me (every few weeks/months depending on schedule), they're such great fun! The next ceilidh's in 4 weeks' time, I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm a jack of all trades :) am part of a society at uni where i do ballet, tap, lyrical, jazz, commercial and street. I'm teaching tap as of next term but cutting down on everything else to focus on my studies. Xx

Back