Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

I hate coffe, but I just adore the cappucino and Tetra's frozen makes a great ice cream. Good luck, what is the difference between lt and cd then?:whistle:

Just the amount of flavours it has. Comes out of the CD factory I believe.

I love coffee. It's about the last bad habit I've got. Well the last one I can type in here anyway. :coffee:

Oh that just shouldn't be allowed :D:eek:.

I looked at the star thing and voted my thread into the 5 star level just to see what would happen. :giggle::clap:

I can't believe it let me do it. It was a bit like all the voting at Eurovision a couple of weeks ago. :rotflmao:

I dont think I will try experimenting yet, just try them all as a drink, as it comes out of the pack. I know some people use half of 2 packs .......and mix it together .....think I will wait.

:banghead:

I sometimes wonder why I do these things to myself. I just want a quiet life.

The bedroom surveyor said they like a clear room when they fit a bedroom.

To me that just shows incompetent fitters. My Dad could build from scratch a fitted bedroom from bits of wood, and I used to not have to move out of the room while he did it. But if you have it done professionally you have to get all the furniture out - fine, it's going anyway and turn the bed on it's end????? What's that about? I told the guy there's no way, I don't actually have a spare room I can just conjure up to put it all in. And I was planning on using the bed as storage. Plus under our bed are boxes and boxes full of books. **** knows where that lot is going to go. I didn't get into with him, I just assumed that fitters having done it professionally, would be able to cope the same as my Dad who used to do a DIY thing.

Anyway the other thing was that they like to deliver the bedroom stuff the week before they fit it!!! :eek: Like I said, we don't have a spare room to move into. During having it fitted we're going to be bringing the double camp bed downstairs and sleeping in the lounge where the kids play and where the TV is. So I said I'd like it delivered during the same week as they fit it, which doesn't seem to be a problem. Do we have a phew smilie? No doesn't look like it, so I'll just be obscure instead.:smoke:

So anyway, there's no way that I can do our best choice of holding the old furniture for a charity shop to collect because the stuff has to go outside the house at a weekend, and who knows what the weather is going to be like. This is a shame because there's nothing wrong with the furniture. It just doesn't have enough storage. So I've paid the council £33 to collect the stuff from our driveway next Wednesday. And we're going to have to launch the damn stuff out of the house on bank holiday Monday. We're getting rid of a dressing table, two bed side tables, 2x2 drawer chest from Matt's room (those are really rank I had them when I was Gemma's age) and two full size wardrobes. As I say, there's nothing wrong with them.

Sooo, my point is in order to get the room 'clear' enough for the professional fitters to do their job, I'm having to start now. The bedroom isn't going to be fitted for another 3 weeks. So when they say oh it will take 3 days to fit and a day to deliver and you'll need a day to clear the room. Er, probably that would be fine if I had some childcare, someone else to run the business, a husband who could just book days leave without any hassle. Some general help. But instead I've just got the time when I can grab it.

Now my idea of a full service would have been to have the company clear and dispose of the furniture, roll back the carpet, deliver the new stuff, fit the stuff, and relay the carpet.

All they are doing is delivery and fit. That isn't my idea of a full service.

And I just generally want to moan. Do we have a screaming smilie? Don't know, but I need one of these. :psiholog:

So far I have in a bad mood, dumped the TV video and DVD player unceremoniously on the floor, emptied my chest of drawers into a suitcase which is still on the bed, because I don't know where to put it, taken the stuff out of the two chest of drawers in Matt's room, removed the chests, moved my chest of drawers into Matt's room and put his clothes in it and put his rubbish ones in our room still empty.

I still have a book case to empty and move into Matt's room, and all of those books to store somewhere, do we have a clueless as to where smilie? :confused: Well it'll do, not exactly dynamic. I've still got to empty out my dressing table and it's three drawers, the two bedside cabinets and the two wardrobes.

It's not a problem, BUT WHERE THE $&*$ AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP IT ALL??????

I can't keep it downstairs in one of the living rooms because one of them is my office and 40 people go through that door every week, so unless I take three weeks off work which means I can't afford a new bedroom, the stuff can't go in there. The garage is full the shed is rank and I'm not putting it in the summer house because something will happen and I'll lose all my clothes or mice will get in. I was so hoping that I could just pile it all up on the bed and the floor around the bed, where they aren't going to be building. But no, instead we'll make things easier for the company and a $£*(%&* nightmare for the client.
:badmood:

Hi Debz I shouldnt laugh really but you have had me in stitches, I can just see all those smilies buzzing around on mini mins ha ha. I have visions of workmen,kids,clients, husband all battling through the front door trampling everything in their way and you jumping up and down screaming.
Well done you if you havnt gained 14stone in a day (Peter Kay). Chin up and plod on I will be here with my listening ear.
tongue.gif
:whistle: :giveup: :patback:

Oh wow nothing like a bit of stress eh !
Hope you find a secret cupboard to store your stuff soon.

Oh wow nothing like a bit of stress eh !
Hope you find a secret cupboard to store your stuff soon.

I'm thinking of widening my anus and shoving it all up my arse.

God I'm so stressed.

I've got to look into somewhere who will buy books off me because it's obvious that I can't keep them. But at that point I will want compensation from Sharps, the idea was to create storage space in my bedroom not to have to sell my possessions to accommodate their fitters.

I had a sleepless night. I think I had some sleep between 1.30 and 4.30 and the only reason I got that far was because I cancelled todays piano lesson, thereby removing that stress for the day.

I've spoken to the designer who is going to make sure that things like the DVD play and VCR are going to have space in the shelves, and he's going to make sure that the shelves are going where we agreed on Friday and not where the surveyor thought he'd put them yesterday.

I've had enough. Not to mention the fact that if we were doing this ourselves we would still be able to use our bedroom while we did it, it would take a lot longer, but we'd be able to sleep in our room. Three weeks before it's being fitted and we're already in the throws of losing furniture and living out of suitcases just to make sure that they can provide their 'complete service'.

Omg this should be such a simple task, but as it involves men it has to become complex.
Have you got any friends who have a bit of space to store some of your stuff.

Not really. I could ask my Dad, but he's unlikely to agree because he's spent months after Mum died getting rid of all the stuff he could, plus he has a new girlfriend living with him and they both like the minimalist look - not to mention that he's got a broken leg at the moment and doesn't need the extra obstacles.

I don't really have friends, but of the two people I can think of, I think I have a bigger house than they do.

I'll just have to wait for Danny to do some box shifting at the weekend. The most I'm going to do today is maybe have yet another look through my wardrobe and pile up some stuff for a charity shop. But I don't think there's an awful lot in there I can get rid of.

I'm going out for a coffee before I get Matt, wasn't going to, but I've had enough.

I did thank you.

My life has been like that for a long time. I've learnt that there's no point postponing things until there's a quieter time to get them done, because that quieter time never happens. I just have to muddle along doing the best I can.

I do miss taking Prozac, I think that helped, but unfortunately that makes me eat, so that's a no no.

Still it can never be as bad as I think it is. So with that theory, I'll just plod on and wait and see.

Dad had an appointment at the hospital about his broken ankle. Apparently the break looks good and is healing OK. They replastered his leg and told him to wait half an hour and then he can use his crutches and put weight on his foot. He was supposed to have the plaster on for 6 weeks, but he told them that he's going on holiday in 5 weeks, so they've told him to go back in 3 weeks. Which coincidently is the time when I'm expecting to have the bedroom fitted. Although having dealt with Moben in the past, I know damn well you have to factor in a weeks delay. C'est la vie.

I'll just keep telling myself that I'm adding value to the house.

:banghead::whistle:

:character00182: This would be me if I allowed myself to drive.

OK so the fact that Danny isn't home yet and won't get home before I start work tonight has put me beyond stressed and out the other side to being able to just laugh at everything. So I've got the kids to deal with and about 13 people booked in from a few minutes time until 9pm. Time for one of these. :hitthefan::rotflmao:

Of course the risk is that I laugh continually and the men in white coats come and take me away. :character00264:

At least my new client tonight is the daughter of someone who knows exactly what to do, so she can remind me if I miss anything.

Oh happy day. My finger got in the way of some scissors too. But that's really funny. :clap:. I'm good at this life thing.

Gill said to me this morning that I looked like I could do with a stiff scotch. It was 9am. :sign0151: And last night I was considering downing some alcohol to help me sleep. Thankfully I must have got a whole 3 hours without hitting the bottle.

Oh happy day.

Blimey I feel shattered just reading about your day.
When I was on Prozac after my mum died I found I lost my appetite though it was probably not the only factor.
Pleased to hear your dads ankle is healing well

Debz im here now cause I bloody hate football and the chelsea flower show. what a load of ***** on the t.v. not that you have time to watch t.v. :break_diet: :blahblah:

SONYA Just noticed your from my part of the world im in Exeter. My god you have lost a lot of weight well done thats amazing. :D

Yep sunny old Plymouth, though I really a Nottingham girl born and bred. Have lived in Plymouth for 7 years in aug.

Is there football on? Oh yeah 1000s went somewhere without tickets and hotel rooms to watch a team play. And that's my sum total knowledge of the situation.

I do watch TV. I'm about to start now. Danny tapes it all for me on the PVR thingy I think it's called. Then I sit down and start watching programmes about dead bodies. Then I, well apparently I run around like a loony because I can't see a sleep through it smilie.:bliss:

Oh happy day. ZZZZZZZZ My head feels odd.

I shouldn't laugh, but it was really funny. Gemma came downstairs to say good night she climbed onto a dining room chair and then somehow slid off in slow motion and landed in a heap on her back, whilst turning round. She didn't hurt anything, but it was funny to watch. :rotflmao: Then she went :mad: and ran away, and I was the picture of sympathy 'oh Gemma are you OK, did you hurt yourself' etc etc. She got in a right strop and told me she was going away from me forever. :badmood:

Danny was just an hour late home from work. The kids were amusing themselves, thankfully not drowning in the pond while I was weighing people before he came in. (The pond is covered with a pond guard anyway)

The bedroom designer is going to come back in the next couple of days and sort out the issues with where to put a DVD player and VCR. And Danny thinks he can pile everything from our bedroom into the garage. Whether he'll be able to get out again afterwards, who knows.

And that's it from me. I'm going to :bliss: apparently in front of the TV. And drink my lunch and eat my dinner. Once I've finished my breakfast. :thankyou: and good night.

I see your 6 year old is still as stroppy and difficult as mine!:sigh:

Sallie, have you seen the post about the meet up in Plymouth in August? There's quite a few peeps going!

Yes, thankyou I did. I think we will be away in Norfolk another time maybe. I bet it will be a hoot though. :)

Debz hope you have a more relaxed day today. :superwoman: :coffee:

Back