Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

I may just sleep walk through the day. Only got about 3 hours sleep last night. 20 people booked in. 3 new ones. Bedroom designer is back in this afternoon. My ears are playing up.

But hey, all that tossing and turning for 4 hours last night when I couldn't sleep meant that I lost 2lbs over night. That'll probably be my weight loss for the next 7 days, so I suppose I'd better make the most of it.

The bedroom designer has reassured me that the design is as I expected and he has gone away with another clearer version to give to the surveyor.

Danny still maintains that we can get all the stuff into the garage. Or rather that he can this weekend because I'm exhausted having not slept for two nights.

I think the most I'm going to be doing at the weekend is going through my clothes again and getting rid of a few more bits. I'm going to have to be careful though, I've already got rid of so much.

On the how the other half live side of things, my cleaner is here er cleaning.

And we're off to go and get Gemma from school. Bring on the reduced walking for a couple of weeks.

So why is it that when I don't have to get Gemma to school we're actually ready to go out on time.

Matt's still got nursery today, but that starts at 9.15, so we're going a bit later, going straight there. Then I'll take Gemma to the park, we'll go to the coffee shop and the bank and I'll see how long we've got until we need to pick Matt up again.

But first - I feel an order coming on.

Oh and I've lost 3lbs so far this week.

Smug *****.

It's turning into a pretty good day.

We took Matt to nursery this morning for the last time for two weeks. I took Gemma to the park for 20 minutes. I have to set a time otherwise she'll complain when I say it's time to go, so she chose 20 minutes. The we went to the bank, and the coffee shop. I did a few things in the village and we got a bus back home. We had an hour at home before it was time to get Matt again.

Gemma said yes it would be fine for her to walk to the village wearing just her sandals, and of course before we'd got anywhere they'd rubbed a blister. Luckily someone at nursery had a plaster, so I patched her up and we got a bus home.

The kids have been playing in the garden this afternoon and I actually spent about 20 minutes sitting down on my relaxer chair out there too.

Marvellous.

Saturday 26th May

You should see the state of my bedroom. I've been filling boxes and suitcases all morning and at the moment I can't do any more until Danny has got the boxes I have filled out of the bedroom. Then I can carry on.

He's opened his wardrobe for possibly the first time since we moved in over two years ago. There are clothes in there he just hasn't worn. So a lot of them are going.

I've already sorted through mine this year, so there wasn't a lot I could throw out.

And I'm going to be using cardboard boxes to store my every day clothes in from now until possibly the end of next month. Smashing. :mad:

I'm fed up with the state of my bedroom already. I've got about three weeks to wait until it's finished. Although I'm assuming that it's not going to get done in the time they say, nothing ever does. The only other prep work we've got to do is to move the suitcases to the other side of the room, turn the bed on it's side and pull the carpet up.

Eventually we'll want to get a new carpet in there too. I wonder if carpet fitters remove old carpets.

No-one these days wants to do the entire job. It's like you hire someone and they only want to do half the job, but they still want to get paid the full whack for doing half a job. No wonder so many people DIY. I would if both kids were at school and I wasn't running a business.

Anyway, my weight almost equals my ticker, so no lasting damage from my stressful weekend then.

Well I get get bored without a certain amount of stress, but I do have my limits.

My bedroom is just a right off really.

I am wasstheword ??? rewarding isn't right but it'll do myself by playing my PSP. But that has it's down sides. The more times I race cars around tracks, the worse the pressure sore on my left thumb gets from doing so. Insert racing smilie here. Er :character00182:That'll do.

In fact last night I was quite convinced when I was playing Ridge Racer 2 that the three cars in front of me were definitely conspiring against me. Took me bloody ages to get off that fking level. Note how I automatically swear with lack of vowels. Very sad.

Anyway, I've almost finished Ridge Racer 2, so when I have I suspect I'll get another racing game. Thing is, having had a mis spent youth playing computer games, I know that nothing is going to be as good as that game, and I'll probably end up playing it over and over again. Wonder what I can do about my thumb. Hope it doesn't drop off. It seems to recover mostly throughout the day.

Thing the Aquasaur died the other day after 2.5 months, which is the longest I've kept one alive. I tossed some eggs into a cleaned tank to see what happens, but these eggs aren't as good as the last ones and so far, nothing has happened.:break_diet:

Got to get to the bank today. Have been saying that since Friday afternoon. I've given up trying to keep my account in the black, I'll just let it run off the overdraft until such times that the bank decides it can clear cheques into my account in less than a week. :whoopass:

Thursday 31st May

Yay, my ticker is now accurate. So I got rid of that bout of water retention. I haven't been exercising much this week because it's half term and I don't need to do all the walking. And actually it's good to get a chance to have a break.

Actually I'm having a tough time believing that I'm 10st 4.4lbs. I spent so long battling to get down to 11st and then even longer trying to get under 11st, being this close to 10st all of a sudden hasn't sunk in yet.

But then I'm also coming to terms with the fact that I will not allow myself to set a goal of as low as under 9st, because of the way I look, the way my bones dig into the mattress on the bed, the way that I can't do floor exercises because my spine digs in the floor.

But even so I spent so long with a BMI just over 26 that to all of a sudden having a BMI of 24 where I can stick my finger up to the world and say 'who's over weight? It aint me!' is really quite amazing.

you have done so well haven't you!!

I had day one yesterday but only lasted till teatime and then had some food.

Never mind I am positive today and already glugging away at the water, i have had half a pack as this may help me i think, 6 smaller shakes to split up throughout the day!

you have done so well haven't you!!

I had day one yesterday but only lasted till teatime and then had some food.

Never mind I am positive today and already glugging away at the water, i have had half a pack as this may help me i think, 6 smaller shakes to split up throughout the day!

Yeah six is sometimes easier than just three. And don't forget it's better to have a whole 4th pack if you're really struggling. Or just do 790kcal, which works just as well and you can eat on that one.

Even if you did 3 CD a day and had the chicken/green veg meal at night, the weight would drop.

But it's not worth beating yourself up over eating, so never do that. (Do I feel guilty about that partial kit kat finger I ate at the park? No - in the grand scheme of things having done most of the weight loss - I'll get there eventually.)

Well anyway, my head has gone into ketosis, I know because it's buzzing. Happened this afternoon after I got back from the park. I dragged myself back with the kids and felt like I could go to sleep. Then I sat down with the kids to have a family nail clipping event, and I painted Gemma's nails. (Really bad job I'd be a crap doing that for a living.) And now I can feel my head being wide awake, but the rest of me is still knackered. Ketosis is soooo strange. But at least I feel like I can get through the evening session. :coffee: That's a very good likeness to me. Except that I drink it by the pint not the fiddly little cup.

Friday

Is it bedtime yet? :sign0131: There was no sleep smilie, so I chose a loo roll instead.

I've helped Gemma make a mask to send into the telly today. I've emailed in a photo of her as a policeman for another thing they are doing. Both kids are finally dressed, but they made no attempt at eating their breakfast.

I'm not working today, well I'm not weighing anyone, I'm always working, there's always text messages, emails and phone calls to return.

I'm back to losing a fraction of a pound each day now, but at least it's going down. I just don't know if I'm going to get the same water retention hit this weekend that I had last weekend. I suspect that if I stay off the gherkins and broccoli, I might be OK. It will be this weeks experiment.

Does Debz fair better over the weekend for not eating healthy veg? We'll see. I bet I do. Must be the IBS buggering about again. Great, gotta love my body.

It's so frustrating. I get so many people with lower BMIs than mine working their way up the plans losing more weight than I do each week when I do SS. Still at least I know what I have to do to effect a weight loss.

Anyway, I'm going to drag the kids out shortly, we'll walk down to the village. I need to get those cheques in. If the kids are good I may take them to the park if it's still open. They are going to close it down to do a refurb on it this month.

So Gemma now admits to getting out of bed at before 4am this morning (another sleepless night for me) and going downstairs to put the telly on so she didn't miss any of milkshake which starts at 6am. Consequently she's now having a rest on the grass outside looking dreadful and feeling just as bad.

Hi Debs,
I have been lurking on your diary and noticed that you only have 11lb to go, I too have 11lb to go too however, I am finding it v difficult in staying focused. I am now on 790 and have been straying and nibbling for the past wk. Back on track now.

Hi Shorty, it's hard isn't it. You get so far and almost have to redouble your efforts to get the last bit off. It's not physically hard to lose the last stone. It's emotionally hard to keep going.

But keep plugging away at it, and you will get there.

I'm just aiming for close to 10st by the end of next week when we've got a family get together. At the moment I'm 10st 4.4lbs. I don't mind if I don't get to 10st, but as long as it's less than I am now that will be fine.

Then I'll get the last bit off before my holiday.

Back