Danielle's 4 stone to lose diary!

ok so I got weighed today & I've lost 2.5lb since wednesday!!!!!! Really pleased!!!!! :D

I'll be weighing myself every Monday morning now. So next weigh in day is a week tomorrow.

Today I did a 60 minute step aerobics class at the gym.

Diet today has been as follows

Breakfast - 2 finger kit kat & pot of low fat rice pudding.

Dinner - ham sandwich on brown bread with coleslaw.

Tea - sausages, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Yorkshire puds, stuffing & gravy.

For later tonight as a snack - I'll have a bowl of krave cereal.

makes all this seem worth while when I can see the number on the scales getting smaller!! :) x

That's great!!! Well done. You are definitely in the zone at the moment! Sounds like you made a good decision with switching from ww if you are hungry....I think it's really important to
Find the plan that suits you...not all diets suit everyone.

Gym sounds like its going great as well. I think finding an exercise that you like is the trick, as it keeps u motivated.

Keep it up!!! X

Thank you for your reply sasser.

I am feeling very motivated at the minute, how long this will last for I don't know?!

I know I CAN lose weight as I lost 3 stone early last year in the space of 9 weeks but STUPIDLY piled every lb back on in the summer (in my defence I lost a baby :-( so got very depressed & ate my way back to being fat) but that's not really a reason for piling weight is it?! just another excuse.

No more excuses though! this time is the business, the weight is coming off & staying off. x

Sounds like you had an incredibly tough time Danielle....and I don't think that's an excuse at all. When life gets tough, we all have ways of dealing with it. I eat at times like that too!! I can relate x

I had almost got to goal (5 stone loss) and then life and a car accident and subsequent back injury caused me to lean heavily on the mars bars!!! And gain pretty much all of it back. I know it's nowhere near as difficult as losing a baby....but I can understand that feeling of frustration at putting it back.

You are definitely on the right road and have a brilliant attitude...you are doing great x

Yesterday I went 400 calories over my daily amount. Ooppss! had a ham & coleslaw sandwich & a chocolate bar before bed because I was so hungry. Not the end of the world though so I'm not going to punish myself I'm just slightly annoyed that I gave in.

Today I've stayed within my calories & I have 200 calories spare so kind of makes me feel better after yesterday!

It's not been possible for me to go the gym since Sunday as Im working 2 extra days this week as one of the girls is off & I need the money so I'm covering. Then I'm getting home from work, cooking / cleaning / painting the house / playing housewife, so I've no energy left to go to the gym.

I'm back at the gym Thursday night for a couple of hours so not all bad.

How's everyone else getting on? x

Hi Danielle,

Sounds like you are coping very well with a busy time!! You can hear your motivation coming through!!
The week is going ok with me....I'm back to work after a bit of time off, so getting back into the routine! Did a 10k race at the weekend...so very happy with that. Am quite hungry this week tho, so trying to keep busy and not raid the fridge too much! X

Bought myself a huge bag of giant chocolate buttons earlier & planned to eat the whole lot tonight after a busy busy day at work (been at my day time job today & I also have my own spray tanning business so have been on my feet with both jobs all day, literally only just had a bath & managed to sit down to write on here!)

I ate about 8 of the chocolate buttons & can honestly say I didn't want anymore!!!! that's really unusual for me! lol

I'm going to the gym for an hour tomorrow & plan to go Saturday too! No gym on Sunday as me & the hubby are going to the Liverpool game so I'm sure I'll end up having a burger or something before the match so I'm going to eat a few less calories over the next couple of days then I won't feel so bad!

Hope everyone is well, goodnight. x

I've fell of the wagon today !!!

so disappointed with myself !!

I won't list all the food as I'd be here until midnight... don't know what came over me, i only popped to the shop to get some gas & came home with a bag of sweets :( I'm due on my period anytime now so i always feel like lots of goodies. Damn hormones! (not trying to make excuses by the way, it's my own fault for not resisting but the time of the month certainly hasnt helped.)

:(

I can safely say I've gone well & truly over my calorie intake for today!

I've decided I won't get weighed this Monday. I don't see the point as I've let myself down today & I'm going out to the football Sunday & there's no such thing as a salad sandwich shop near the stadium lol don't fancy taking my own dinner either as we leave at 6am & I can't refrigerate it to keep it fresh whilst we travel & also the fact I'm about to have a period always makes me a few lb heavier so I'm not weighing in!

Because if I see the scales go up I'll get disheartened & throw the towel in for good which i definitely dont want to do!

Fresh head on for tomorrow & forget today ever happened. Hope your all well. xx

My next weigh in day is now Monday 30th of April. I'm aiming to get about 5lb off between now & then, fingers crossed. x

I weigh in on 1st May next, would love to see 5lb gone too! Hopefully we can both stay on track :) I wouldn't worry too much about 1 bad day, we all have them and you've been doing amazingly! Xxxx

Hey Danielle, bad days just happen Hun. The important thing is that you get right back on plan tomo....god damned hormones!! Xx

I've had a big mac meal today & strawberry mcdonalds milkshake. Done 60 minutes exercise & only having a measly bowl of cereal for tonight's tea so I would have still stayed within my calories for today. (I honestly didn't realise there's nearly 1500 calories in a big mac meal with milkshake :-o

Back to the gym everyday from Monday. I'm hoping to do at least 2 hours in the gym everyday next week. xx

Had an awful weekend food wise, ate far too much saturday & then ate burger / chips Sunday aswell as a jumbo hotdog & lots of chocolate.

Glad the blow out is out of my system though, & im not letting it happen again! back on with it as of this morning.

I've just had a reality check... it's suddenly dawned on me I go on holiday in 9 weeks time! I'm being realistic & not expecting to lose a ridiculous amount of weight by then but I would ideally like to see at least 20lb gone by the day i step on the plane!

I went to town this morning & bought a few holiday bits, I've done a crazy thing & bought size 10 clothes (bearing in mind I'm currently a 14-16!) so I have 9 weeks to fit myself into the items! I hate wasting money so it's my incentive to stick at this diet! The other alternative is to go with no clothes in my case & walk around naked for a week so option 1 it is haha,

How's everyone getting on? x

Yesterday & today have been ok, did attempt to go to the gym today.. But I don't drive at the moment (haven't quite passed my test yet!) so walked the 40 minute walk to the gym, got half way there & got absolutely soaked in the downpour & looked like a drowned rat !!! haha so I decided to go to asda instead. Couldn't do a 2 hour excercise class in soaking wet clothes!!

Walked to work today & back again, then did a little more walking this afternoon so burnt off 1000 calories today, that's more than good enough for me! Quite impressed :)

I've changed my weigh in day to a Wednesday too, as it's more convenient for me going to the gym to get weighed on a wenesday! So my next weigh date is weds 2nd may! Really hoping I've lost a few lb or I'll be disappointed. x

Anyone else annoyed at how much low fat healthy foods costs? I got into quite a rage in asda today at how expensive some things are!

People moan about the world being overweight.... Maybe lower the costs of the healthier options & we can all be slimmer!!!!

Rant over haha xx

I agree with things being expensive. So many people talk about how you can eat healthy for cheap, but I haven't found so. I could quite easily feed me and my partner for under £20 if I was buying frozen junk food, but we easily spend £50-£60 per week eating fresh and cooking from scratch! x

The last few days i have been good with what ive eaten & ive been going to the gym too. How's everyone else getting on? x

Last edited:
Back