Danni's Weight Loss Diary

According to your stats you say you want to lose another 50lb. At half a pound a week that's just less than 2 years.

Now I know it's depressing cos we all want it gone now and not in 2, 3 or 4 years but on a positive note you get to talk to me and Jackie for the next 2 years :8855:

Nope, it's half a pound every two weeks, because I stayed the same the week before.

Talking to you and Jackie is a good thing, though :)

Thought I'd comment as never have before, it must be very disheartening losing 0.5lb a time but you're a star at sticking to plan it appears! I'm sure in time that your handwork will pay off. Also give yourself credit that you're losing weight whilst living with a chronic condition which is no mean feat - I really don't mean that in anyway patronisingly, I just think you need to be proud of what you are doing.

Glad you had a good time with your brother, I'll be glad to check up on your diary again in the future :) x

I'll send the fat fighting fairy to you after I have weighed tomorrow sweetie :D we will lose this weight this year you see. You will have some sts some 0.5lb bt hopefully some bigger ones too. Stop looking at the bigger picture sweetie and cut it into little chunks. :D thats what I do. I set mini goals its all about setting ourselves up to suceed.

Today I wore jeans for the first time in donkeys years literally. Okay a size 22 but its a start.

You can and will do this we are all here for you xxxxxx

I will post properly later, but the fairy worked- lost 2 lbs this week :)

I'm not going to give up now :)

I think I needed a decent loss just to convince myself it was worth continuing. Now I've had one, it'll be enough to keep me going.

Been out the last couple of days. Yesterday just to the big Co-op in the nearest town to get some fruit and meat, then today I've been crazy busy.

First was going out as the carer did this morning to go enrol in college. Mostly sorted, just got the application for money to go through and our plan for support approved (we've come up with the idea of my husband being my support as I need more personal care this year, and he's also able to help me with the subject I'm doing. It will save the college money as they won't have to pay a support worker to stay with me, my husband won't be travelling as much, and I'll have someone providing my care that I trust. Just got to get the college to agree, though I have the support of the autism unit who are arranging things).

Also discussed my Computing project with the head of the autism unit. I'm going to design her a system to make assessments easier :) I may not have done any work on my project yet (I was technically meant to work on it over the summer) but I now have a clear idea of what it will be and a vague idea of how to do it. It's worth 40% of my marks this year, and I'm wanting an A (but planning on trying to do enough work for an A* if I can manage it). I'm excited to be going back to college on Monday, and back at the autism unit as well.

After being at the college, I went shopping in the MetroCentre and bought stuff from Primark and played with tablet computers in Currys. Then it was time to go to weigh in and that went well. Our meetings last 90 minutes just because of the amount of people, so I was exhausted by the end of it but it was really good. We've all made little goals to get us through September. Mine are to stop panicking about weight loss, start being a bit more adventurous with food, and continue keeping track of what I'm eating. Once I've finished my food diary for the group, I'll just keep using this diary to keep a track.

Thank you Jackie and Tilly for being so supportive of me. It's really helped me keep going this week :)

And now for today's food :)

Lunch: Muller Light and fruit salad (I was at college, and they haven't opened the salad bar yet so I bought a Muller Light and I'd taken the fruit salad with me).

Snack after weigh in: Hifi bar (Healthy Extra B)

Dinner: Steak with salad, 2 Babybel (Healthy Extra A), frozen Wispa bar afterwards (10.5 syns).

I eat less when I'm out. Maybe going back to college will be good for me? As I've had no carbs, if I want later I can have more healthy extras, but I doubt it as I'm knackered :p

Thank you, WhitePigeon :)

Jackie, I have one in the freezer at the moment. The advantage of being this ill is that if I go get it myself, I make myself really ill, so it's not worth it :p Also my husband is also keeping track of my syns, so won't get me it if I don't have enough left :p

Apparently this is star week. That explains so much, including why I've been all over the place the last couple of weeks. Today I'm going to make an appointment at the family planning clinic to get my smear test done and hopefully my coil changed at the same time.

Last night I had a snack of frozen grapes, but that was it after what I'd already eaten.

Today so far I've had a bowl of banana and yoghurt, which has just become my favourite breakfast :) Not sure what is for tea yet, though I am having Eton Mess today at some point :)

hello, hope you dont mind me popping in. just wanted to say well done on your 2lb loss, was dead pleased for you as you said you'd been unhappy with your 0.5lbs and STS.

Just goes to show you can achieve it, just gotta keep doing what you're doing :) also, very well done on your A in Computing! x

Thank you :)

Food today was mixed. Had a ham and mushroom omelette for lunch with salad, a Hifi bar (Healthy Extra B), two bananas and a banana and custard Muller Light (1 syn- they've changed it since I last had it so won't be getting it again) as a snack, then chicken, 2 Babybel (Healthy Extra A) and salad (it needs eating...) followed by a massive bowl of Eton Mess (5 syns). Still got syns left if I want them, but I'm stuffed so I doubt it.

I also got my new dress! I struggled to get it on at first (trying to get the waistband past my breasts...) but then discovered the hidden zip :p Once it's on it fits really nicely. I'm thinking of wearing it for my first day at college on Monday.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my first smear test done, and see about getting my coil changed (as star week is over after one day again). Note to self- dose up on painkillers :p

do the banana and custards taste any different? i love them and would probs still use a syn for them if they do.

will we get to see the dress? :) x

New_Dress.jpg

There you go :p

blackwidow, I'm not sure if they taste different. It may have just been me remembering them as nicer, as it has been a long while since I last had any.

Today's appointment was mixed. Apparently my cervix bled while taking the sample, so I may have some form of infection or something else may be wrong. If my tests come back negative then I'm being referred to someone else. It was also really painful. In good news, I'm not pregnant (I knew this :p) and whatever happens it shouldn't stop me getting my coil changed in a couple of weeks, when I should also get some of the test results back. We've been banned from having sex for 2 weeks, and I don't think the doctor understood when we said that's not a problem because I'm not well enough anyway (she was surprised when I told her it was M.E. that meant I couldn't walk- maybe she doesn't know how bad it can get?).

Food for today:

Breakfast: Bananas and yoghurt

Lunch: Melon Medley

Snack: Hifi bar

Not been that hungry most of today because of nausea, and now I'm waiting on an Asda delivery before having tea. Got all the ingredients in for a syn free Korma, which will be nice, though probably not tonight as I'm exhausted and just want something quick then sleep.

Back