dating advice (food talk)

Hiya Trose

Well the date itself went well, I wasn't actually nervous and the conversation came easy. The problem is a) the photo's he posted weren't exactly recent lol and b) there was just no connection on that level if you know what I mean. He was very keen though and immediately on getting home emailed me to ask me out to dinner asap! Rather than lead him on, or go down the friends route, I just politely declined and told him that I didn't feel there was a connection to carry on dating and wished him well for the future. That was incredibly hard for me though, having never been really asked out before (my previous partners were all friends first) I've never declined anyone in my life and I felt horribly uncomfortable doing it but it had to be done.

I still have 2 stone to go til im in the healthy weight range and 3 stone to go til my goal so I know exactly how you feel. However, although I still feel flabby and out of shape I feel soooo much better now than I did 5st ago that I refuse to let it affect how I think people will judge me, ya know? Previously I was such a recluse because I always assumed people would just see the fat and not the person and I wouldnt put myself in a position for that to happen. Now I look around and i just feel normal, average, and so it doesn't bother me. That said, I am sweet on a friend overseas and although he has seen a photo of me as I am now (never when I was at my biggest though!) I wouldnt feel comfortable visiting right now as I want to be the best me that I can be when I see him so I can kinda understand where you are coming from with that too.

Good on ya girl though for having 2 guys texting you at once! lol I haven't met anyone else online yet. Communication starts but it never completes to the email stage. Oh well, Im seriously in no hurry at all so I don't mind and it's all practise at the end of the day heh

Good luck in the new year, I hope you will keep me posted!!! x

Hey girlie, i was smiling reading your response, i know exactly where you are coming from, one of the ones i'm texting asked for a date next week, i may go using you as inspiration lol, where is your guy overseas, will you be having an exotic vacation next year....the site i went on is www.plentyoffish.com check it out its free....i will keep you uptodate..tracy

You should totally go for it if for no other reason than to find out if the chemistry translates offline as well aa online which sadly in my case it didn't.

Nah nowhere exotic but its a trip to the USA and I love it there so cane wait. Even though I have no clue if this guy reciprocates my feelings he's been behind me 100% of the way on LT which is more than can be said for my ex who was constantly sabotaging my efforts.

Go text that guy and accept the date, I'm all excited for you now, new body new love :) x

I love the states too, i moved back to ireland in february after 11 years in san francisco, well i text him back to say i would meet up with him next week, only thing is he is 32 and i'm 39 i think that abit too much of an age gap for me,,,but sure he can be a practice date lol

Oh how wonderful! My overseas friend is 31 and I'm 40! Go for it hon, depending on his attitude he may be more mature for his age, certainly I feel like my friend and I are same age, am not aware of the difference. Go meet him, he may pleasantly surprise you! Good luck!

Back