Extra Easy Dave the Fave slims down

Hi anyone that is interested enough to read this:D
New year, new goals. Decided it's time to do something about the weight that's crept on as I'm getting puffed out just walking up the stairs!
Following SW at home, plus using the Fitbit I got for Christmas and joined the Spring quarterly challenge to help motivate me. So far so good!
WI days for challenge is Friday.
I'm aiming to lose 20lb by the end of the challenge.
I'll be logging my food and water on here daily ( basically so I can look back on what I've been having in case I need to tweak things) and logging some thoughts on how I'm getting on with exercise.
I'm also setting some mini goals for January
  • Do 10,000 steps a day (harder than you think when it doesn't take much to put me off!)
  • Aim to lose 8lb
  • Aim to drink 4 X 500ml bottles water a day

Day 2:)
Not missing any particular food and enjoying my meals so far.
Finding it hard to drink 1L water as keep going back and forward to the toilet all of the time!
Just started my exercise plan, first goal is getting up to 10,000 steps. I've been off sick for 9mths and have done very little exercise in that time, so any exercise at the minute has to be built up. So far today I've managed 4,314 which I'm pleased with as it's a lot more than I've been able to do.
Been for a walk, legs are killing..I've got shin splints! Sweating, even though it's freezing outside and a bit out of breath, but I'll persevere. I'm determined to stick with this and get down to my target weight of 15st.

Food today:
B:None
L:Chicken Soup
D:Roast Pork, SW Roast Potatoes, Butterbeans, Carrots, 1 Yorkshire Pudding, Paxo Stuffing.
Snack: 5 Satsumas

Hi, following your journey... you're doing well with your steps and food is looking good. Sure you'll smash it, good luck on the challenge :)

Well done Davie.. keep that up and you'll soon be seeing and feeling the difference!
Do be careful not to overdo it .. if you find that you're getting dizzy a lot it's best to ease up just for a bit as you don't want to make yourself ill.. but it seems like so far so good!
Thanks for the advice and encouragement Emmeline, much appreciated :)
Hi, following your journey... you're doing well with your steps and food is looking good. Sure you'll smash it, good luck on the challenge :)
Thanks Tibbs, looking forward to first WI :)

Day 2 :)
Ended yesterday on 5088 steps, which I'm pleased with as a start for getting my health back. Downloaded some forms for 10,000 step challenge, gives advice on steps to be aiming for over the month so at the end you'll be doing 10,000.
Watched Celebrity Fat Fighters last night, I'd love to have a chance to do something like that! Though 1 slice of apple and 1 raisin is extreme:eek:
Fitbit on, sun shining (is it really January!) steps to be done. Catch you later:)

Catch up time! Haven't been very well, back is killing and pain making me feel sick, so had to take to my bed!
Day 3
Steps: 878
B: None
L: Pork slices, cheese, crackers
D: Scrambled Egg on toast

Milk Tray chocolates:p

The 10,000 step challenge I'm doing takes average steps over first 3 days and you work out how many steps to do in first week.
Counting today as Day 1 I need to have built up to 4,500 steps by day 7. Pleased about this as my back is still painful. So far I've done 2,496, I'm pleased it's a slow build up as I haven't been moving much in the past 9mths.

Food today
B: Porridge made with soy milk, orange
juice
L: Cheese & crackers
D: Slow cooker chicken casserole,
Carrot & Swede mash

1L water
Coffee

First WI tomorrow, hope it's :) and not :(

I see that you are drinking a bit more but you do need to make it much more seeing that you are doing all that exercise.

What is the problem with your back .. if you don't mind me asking?
If it is due mainly because of the weight you could take some pain killers perhaps.. and have you thought about going swimming? That's an exercise where you wouldn't have the strain on your back which would be quite a relief I would have thought.

Just one other point .. don't be too disappointed if the scales don't show as much of a loss as you would have liked as all that exercising will be putting on muscle.

I see that you are drinking a bit more but you do need to make it much more seeing that you are doing all that exercise.

What is the problem with your back .. if you don't mind me asking?
If it is due mainly because of the weight you could take some pain killers perhaps.. and have you thought about going swimming? That's an exercise where you wouldn't have the strain on your back which would be quite a relief I would have thought.

Just one other point .. don't be too disappointed if the scales don't show as much of a loss as you would have liked as all that exercising will be putting on muscle.
I would go swimming Emmeline o_Obut they keep trying to harpoon me:D once I've lost some weight I'll go.
I've an old injury to my back and have 6 pins in it. Cold weather always effects it and pain killers don't work. Thanks for your advice though. Can usually cope but at times just need to take to my bed.

Good job you can keep a smile on your face Dave must be very hard for you.

I suffer with my back but most of it is down to me being an old codger.. doesn't matter how old we are pain is still difficult to deal with. I take morphine sometimes if my back gets too much so I am well aware of the difficulties.

I would think it best not to over do it as you don't want to make things worse do you?

Have you consulted your doctor about the exercising?

Hi Emmeline, I've had a bad back for about 20 years so have learnt how much I can push myself, though admit I do too much at times.
Usually just try and grin and bare it when in pain.
Haven't mentioned to doctor about exercise, taking the steps at a slower pace now!
Hey, did you see I won slimmer of the week on the quarterly challenge! I am over the moon and feel like I've won an Olympic medal. :)

Food has been bad since my WI on Friday! Sabotaging myself!
I've been totally off plan even though the meals were there on offer, I was sick of being on a diet and craving chocolate!
I've demolished a whole layer of chocolate biscuits, had a pork pie and cheese and crackers!!!
Saturday I only had scrambled egg and 2 slices toast all day. Today has been the same. I know it's not many calories but I'm just not hungry.

Hi Dave! Looking forward to following your progress! Being on SW shouldn't feel like a diet though, you can eat loads, just need to choose the right things :)
We all have bad weekends and stuff, so don't feel too guilty about the biscuits and pork pie, just put it behind you and get straight back on plan! :)

I suffer really bad with pain in my knee, and swimming really helps. I think you should give it a try. Don't worry about what other people might think about you, I'm 26 st but I still go. Who cares what they think, the point is you're making a positive step to getting fit!! :)

Good luck xxx

Hi Dave! Looking forward to following your progress! Being on SW shouldn't feel like a diet though, you can eat loads, just need to choose the right things :)
We all have bad weekends and stuff, so don't feel too guilty about the biscuits and pork pie, just put it behind you and get straight back on plan! :)

I suffer really bad with pain in my knee, and swimming really helps. I think you should give it a try. Don't worry about what other people might think about you, I'm 26 st but I still go. Who cares what they think, the point is you're making a positive step to getting fit!! :)

Good luck xxx
Hi GC, I've suffered for eating that pork pie! Pork pie revenge, it gave me food poisoning! I'd like to pluck up the courage for swimming as I enjoy it, but I don't feel comfortable yet, too many wobbly bits at the minute to go swimming :D

Hi GC, I've suffered for eating that pork pie! Pork pie revenge, it gave me food poisoning! I'd like to pluck up the courage for swimming as I enjoy it, but I don't feel comfortable yet, too many wobbly bits at the minute to go swimming :D

You will get there! I suppose it's a bit better for us women as we can wear costumes! x
Bad news about the food poisoning!! x

Hi Davie,

Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Hope you feel better soon. Food poisoning may lead to weight loss though! Silver lining and all that.

Make sure you eat all you syns - this will lessen the desire to binge

Keep plodding on :)

Had a look in Asda for swimming shorts yesterday, non in yet unless you want to be thrown out for indecent exposure! I know I'm big but come on, surely I'm not the only male around that is 3XL! They don't have anything over L!
Anyone else think there's a conspiracy going on to make us all feel fatter and lose weight? The clothing sizes are a small fit in there.
How come healthy food costs more than a pizza???
Good days everyone, thanks for those that have posted encouragement, will get back to you soon.
Davie still Dumpling :D

My hubby sometimes falls lucky and gets things from Asda, he is a 3XL/4XL, but I think they only get a few in so when they've gone they've gone!! It's rubbish. I get my hubbys stuff from Jacamo or Premier Man, you can get decent priced stuff on there and they are a really good fit :)

Agree about the Pizza thing, I hate that you can pick a Pizza up for £1, or a multipack of crisps, yet it's £2 for a nice punnet of fruit! xx

Back