Extra Easy Dave the Fave slims down

Hi Davie,

Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Hope you feel better soon. Food poisoning may lead to weight loss though! Silver lining and all that.

Make sure you eat all you syns - this will lessen the desire to binge

Keep plodding on :)

Hi Buffy, took your advice and used some syns, jelly with squirty cream on top. What a treat!
Back is still killing but still plodding on, I managed 5,822 steps today.
How are you doing? I'm hoping for at least a 4lb loss this week:)

:)
My hubby sometimes falls lucky and gets things from Asda, he is a 3XL/4XL, but I think they only get a few in so when they've gone they've gone!! It's rubbish. I get my hubbys stuff from Jacamo or Premier Man, you can get decent priced stuff on there and they are a really good fit :)

Agree about the Pizza thing, I hate that you can pick a Pizza up for £1, or a multipack of crisps, yet it's £2 for a nice punnet of fruit! xx

Hi Katy, thanks for tip on where to try for clothes, will check them out. Hadn't heard of Premier Man.
Just had a look at your Instagram page, your meals look lovely. I'll get my wife to follow, she does all the cooking.
Good luck on your journey:)

:)

Hi Katy, thanks for tip on where to try for clothes, will check them out. Hadn't heard of Premier Man.
Just had a look at your Instagram page, your meals look lovely. I'll get my wife to follow, she does all the cooking.
Good luck on your journey:)

No problem! Good luck with the 4lb loss, when do you weigh in?
Aww, thank you! :) If I post on there it keeps me motivated :) xxx

I buy all my clothes from Yours Clothing - they do men's as well (online anyway, not sure about in store) so worth checking out. Generally good value for money, and sales stuff tends to be very cheap.

I buy all my clothes from Yours Clothing - they do men's as well (online anyway, not sure about in store) so worth checking out. Generally good value for money, and sales stuff tends to be very cheap.

I get all my clothes from there too, I think their mens stuff is quite expensive in comparison to other sites though, but their ladies clothes are amazing and so good value for money. xx

I went swimming today, was first time going for ages :) can really feel that ive done a workout but my joints feel fabulous. and I went by myself and suffering from Anxiety I was really pleased with myself! Get your self off! :) x

2lb loss this week. Know it's a loss but a bit disappointed as have resisted loads of goodies and been doing more walking than usual. Disheartening when I know I've worked hard but.... Must keep remembering a loss is better than again.

Mini Goals
As many steps as I can manage in the day (back pain sometimes stops this)
Drink more water (2L)
Log everything I eat on here daily
Stop laughing at Tibbs when she's on the vibra machine:D

I went swimming today, was first time going for ages :) can really feel that ive done a workout but my joints feel fabulous. and I went by myself and suffering from Anxiety I was really pleased with myself! Get your self off! :) x

Hey well done Katy:0clapper:good on you! I'm not that brave enough to flash my belly off in public yet. It's a long walk from changing rooms to pool and full length Windows straight to reception! Always busy...what idiot thought to put windows in there!

Ohhhh you dark horses. Here to follow and support, and also invite you to our wine gathering when we have it with the lovely Mrs Tibbs!

From reading your diary, honestly take the plunge and go swimming. It's low impact but burns so many calories and I can honestly assure you that all shapes and sizes go to my pool and I have never overheard anyone making comments about another persons size in the multi sex changing room. I go on my own and now I don't care about what I look like
We're all there for the same reason whatever our weight.

My little brother works for Jacamo and swears by their clothes. I think yours/simply be/jacamo are part of the same company. He's even ordered me a hoodie (it's a mens but shh) xx

I'll build up to it as really want to go.
Mr Tibbs sounds like a tellytubbie:D

Hey well done Katy:0clapper:good on you! I'm not that brave enough to flash my belly off in public yet. It's a long walk from changing rooms to pool and full length Windows straight to reception! Always busy...what idiot thought to put windows in there!

You will get there eventually :) There was a man there yesterday quite a large fellow and he just wore a t shirt with his swimming shorts :) Nobody batted an eye lid :).

Well done on the 2lb loss! Just think, that is 4 blocks of lard!! :D

Congrats on your loss.

Weight loss is odd. 2 weeks can be exactly the same food wise, but the amounts you lose are completely different. If you think you've been on plan, stick with it and next week might be a bigger loss.

I like looking at my total loss when I'm feeling discouraged. It helps to see I've far I've come, rather than looking at just last week. Bizarrely also once I'd lost 10% and feel better, there's greater motivation to stick with it. Its getting to the 10% that's hardest!

Make sure to keep hydrated, and keep going. Don't be tempted to limit yourself - this will stall the losses.

Last edited:
Keep going the weight all
Adds up in the end to the goal you have . I no at times it can be hard when you jump on scales and not get as much as you thort, but look at it this way if you wasn't on the diet you would of prob gained the 2lb etc . Keep going your doing great all theses 2lbs add up hopefully you will get a few weeks with 3 lbs loss aswell to help loose faster x

I'm thinking there is a conspiracy with Men's clothes! Cos when I go in the shop, I pick a t shirt or pair of pants up and they look the size of a circus tent. My theory is that once you leave the shop and the fresh air hits them the clothes shrink! Because when I get them home they won't go anywhere near me!! And I'm too embarrassed to take them back! I've got a pile of clothes, still with the tags on, very disheartening :(

Thanks everyone for all the nice words @itsGCbaby ! @buffy3256 , @xxlauraxx15 and encouragement, keeps me motivated. Been doing lots of walking and now managing over 5,000 steps a day. Got gym appointment next week for induction, so will help to shape up.
Only lost 2lb again this week but got measured and chest is down 2ins, waist is down 1in so that's a start.
SW going well and don't feel I'm on a diet, not missing eating anything at all.

Pleased with this week, had a 5lb loss.
Also had a shock this week as my wife, or as you may know her as Tibbs, said she wouldn't mind joining the gym! Total surprise as she never wants to do exercise.
Steps are coming along good, and after hardly being able to move I'm now managing 6000 a day. Back was really bad the other day but still managed to get the steps in. As the weather is bad I'm getting most of my steps in at Asda, starting to get some funny looks from the security guards!
My assessment session at the gym is next Wednesday, supposed to be this week but back too bad. Looking forward to getting fit again.
Also looking forward to getting my weight down so I can get a bike for the summer, has to be a push bike though as Tibbs won't let me have the Harley I want!!

Back