Dave's diary

Sounds like Exante is working perfectly for you. And 24lbs lost already in such a short time, you'll look fab for your holiday in March and probably a good four to five stone down if the stone a month ideal stays true.

Look forward to your updates :D

A great start Dave! I'm almost at the end of week 2 so just behind you. I'm no stranger to VLCDs though, having gone 10 months straight on Cambridge in 2006. I lost 10st then so know they work if you just stick with it.

I regained 5st of it back over the course of 2 years because of some horrendous family crisis events and have spent the last year struggling just to maintain a weight I don't want to be at so I'm giving a VLCD another go. I'm enjoying the Exante packs and prefer the taste to those of Cambridge - I find them milder and less 'synthetic'.

One question though - on Cambridge, men have to have 4 packs a day. Do you still only have three on Exante? You guys need more calories because of your extra muscle mass - is this taken into consideration on Exante?

Good luck with your journey :)

Hi Dave. WOW 27lbs in 3 weeks WELL DONE.
Do you live on your own? I find my hardest part is coping with cooking for the family. I am 100% committed but I have had some wobbly moments in the last 3 weeks. I'm great in work, it's when I get home I'm worse!
I have 2 weeks annual leave now and I am dreading it although I have committed to TS 100% for the next 6 weeks I am worried I will slip-up :(

Well done Dave, you seem to be flying! I looked for ages on here to see how fellas got on with this diet, but couldn't find any, then I start it myself on Saturday and there's a few of us on here now. The more the merrier!

Best of luck with the next weigh in.

Conor

Just popping in to say hello, and a big congratulations on your great start :D It really does seem that Exante is working for you.
I had one of those plane seatbelt moments myself last year...in fact I nearly let the thought of the seatbelt/flip-down table thingy stop me from taking a trip to Japan (how crazy is that?). I did have to ask for the extension, but it wasn't too toe-curlingly embarrassing. I did vow that I wouldn't be that weight when I next travelled by air though!

I looked for ages on here to see how fellas got on with this diet, but couldn't find any
There are a few of them on here...my fella being one of them. He doesn't post himself, but his results are in my ticker, and he does read the forum.
To give you an idea of how he's doing - he started off at just under 24st and by week 9 he'd lost 4.5 stone :eek: Hope that gives you both a little motivation :D

:wow: well done on another 10lbs.

My belief on why men lose weight at a faster rate has something to do with our hormones and TOTM!. Don't know what the other ladies on here think, but it has nothing to do with the picking and cheating I have done for the last 3 weeks :p hehe

Good luck with the next week xx

:wow: well done on another 10lbs.

My belief on why men lose weight at a faster rate has something to do with our hormones and TOTM!. Don't know what the other ladies on here think, but it has nothing to do with the picking and cheating I have done for the last 3 weeks :p hehe

Good luck with the next week xx

Men have more muscle mass and that's what burns the calories. It's also why resistance exercises (muscle toning) for women helps with weight loss and well as creating a shapelier bod (although I think I'd have to do weights every day for the rest of the millennium to sculpt mine!)

Great weight loss Dave - I'm hugely jealous but really pleased for you :)

Pull a cracker then go for a run in your hat!!!

Well done on another 4lbs gone for good.
Have a good week xx

Holy McMoly!! A 'slow down'?? If only we girlies could achieve those losses we'd be on cloud 9!

Well done on your spectacular loss in such a short space of time.

As for Christmas - you're a stronger person than me. I plan to take a Christmas break then get back to it a couple of days later.

Well done again :)

Great stuff so far Dave keep up the good work. I am in a pretty similar situation to yourself and just starting out today.

Good luck for the rest of the way.

Well done on the 4lbs Dave, and don't panic about the milk. The extra calories are neglibible, and the carbs won't affect ketosis, so you'll be fine.
It really sounds like you're ploughing on towards your goal...and from personal experience (well...my boyfriend's experience really), I can't see any reason for the weight losses to slow down significantly just yet. My fella's 'worst' weight loss has been 2.5lbs, and that was this week (week 11 for us). Normally an average week for him is 3.5-4lbs, and sometimes he loses as much as 5.
I know everyone is different, and you have to take other factors into consideration, but his start weight was within a couple of pounds of yours, so it seems like a fair comparison.
Whatever your weekly losses are though, I think the main way to win the race is to keep plodding on no matter what. Whether you lose 2lbs or 6lbs per week, you'll get there as long as you don't give up....and with Exante, at least you know that as long as you stick to the packs and drink your water, there really is not a lot more you can do! The weekly losses are pretty much out of your hands, so you just have to sit back and wait for them to tot up :D

Good luck for the next weigh-in....hope it's another good one!
x

Well done getting this far :) I am sure you will be looking fab by the time you go away next year! Can I just say about plane seats...even 'normal weight' people are squished in. My hubby is one of those sickening never had an inch of fat types and he hates flying because it is so cramped! Yes I know it is embarassing having to ask for extensions and such but they could at least make the seats big enough in the first place!! Rant over lol ;)

Keep up the great work - I am still thinking about the whole christmas thing but as I will be cooking I probably won't want to eat it anyway!

Hope you have a great week.

You have had some amazing losses Dave so don't be disheartened by this week's 1lb. Look at the overall picture, what other 'diet' would give you a 43lbs loss in 6 weeks?
How much water are you drinking in a day? If it's less than 2.5 - 3L that might be the reason you have started having headaches again? Maybe your hunger might actually be thirst?
Only a thought. :) xx

I sympathise with you having whiplash and headache. Not nice :(
Hopefully if you stick 100% to TS this week you will start seeing losses again. It might have taken some time for your body to adjust to the diet and is hanging on for starvation! :)
As long as you feel well and stick to it you can't not lose weight when you're only having 600cals a day!

Good luck with the next week and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. :D

I would try not to worry too much Dave (although I know it's hard not to). Me and my fella have been doing this since the beginning of September, and we've both had occasional weeks when we've eaten/drunk exactly the same things as we always do, yet we've been really underwhelmed at the results.
I had one week of TS when I lost 0.5lbs for no particular reason...I was gutted, but the following week I was back to my normal kind of loss. And then another time, I had a random loss of 5.5lbs when I hadn't done anything special (I usually lose between 2.5 and 3.5lbs)

This isn't a very scientific explanation, but I've heard somewhere that our bodies sometimes 'rebel' and try to hang on to the excess fat...but they can't resist forever...your body will let it go eventually!
See what your losses are like over the next couple of weeks - hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Back