Daveys Food Diary - Day One (Have I blown it!!!)

Davey1984

Hi All, I thought I would post my food diary on here. I hope its in the right place, I feel really good to have got the first day over and no dilemmas. But think I could have eaten more healthy snacks.

Breakfast
  • SF Banana Shake
Lunch
  • SF Vanilla Shake (My Fav:D)
Dinner
  • 3 Tandoori Chicken Thighs (459 cals)
  • 1/2 bag boiled rice (218 cals)
  • Peas (71 cals)
  • Sweetcorn (62 cals)
Snacks
  • 2 Alpen Light Bars (122 cals)
  • Quavers (88 cals)
  • Shapers Chocolate&Orange Sticks (96 cals)
My evening meal came to 810 cals (so I was 10 calories over) :(

My snacks came to 306 cals (so I was 6 over) :cry:

So in all, I went 16 calories over :break_diet:
I really hope that is not too bad, I feel like I have broken it now

Hi Davey.

First of all - don't feel too down on yourself! The first week is the hardest to keep disciplined.

Secondly - there are 7 days in a week. Just because you've gone over your calories for yesterday, that doesn't mean the whole week is blown. Just try your hardest to keep the the calories for the rest of the week. The difficult part is not saying to yourself 'that's it, I may as well pig out and start next week'.

I have started posting daily in the diary section of the forums (at the very top of the SF forum list) - you might find it helpful to look through that and the other diaries for meal and snack ideas too.

In short, you haven't blown it - you just need to accept that you went over the calories for yesterday and get back on track. If you are desperately worried about it (and I personally wouldn't be), try to reduce the calories over the rest of the week by what you went over yesterday.

Good luck!

Anita xx

Hi All, I thought I would post my food diary on here. I hope its in the right place, I feel really good to have got the first day over and no dilemmas. But think I could have eaten more healthy snacks.

Breakfast
  • SF Banana Shake
Lunch
  • SF Vanilla Shake (My Fav:D)
Dinner
  • 3 Tandoori Chicken Thighs (459 cals)
  • 1/2 bag boiled rice (218 cals)
  • Peas (71 cals)
  • Sweetcorn (62 cals)
Snacks
  • 2 Alpen Light Bars (122 cals)
  • Quavers (88 cals)
  • Shapers Chocolate&Orange Sticks (96 cals)
My evening meal came to 810 cals (so I was 10 calories over) :(

My snacks came to 306 cals (so I was 6 over) :cry:

So in all, I went 16 calories over :break_diet:
I really hope that is not too bad, I feel like I have broken it now

Hi Davey I wouldn't worry, you can burn that off in exercise in no time, well done you are doing well. My snacks aren't the healthiest either but I aim to get healthier as the diet goes on and the weight comes off The main thing is you have started i and you are sticking to your calories :)

Try not to worry too much 16 cals won't really hurt... what I do is space my snacks out during the day as it keeps your energy levels up so you are less hungry in the evening, also I have now started to replace the lunch time shake with pasta in a cup which is 202cals at it feels me up so much longer than the shake, I also don't like having something sweet at lunch time so the soup works much better for me. You've done a great job the first days are always the hardest x

U probably used more than 16 cals just getting out of bed!!! Dont beat urself up about 16 cals hon otherwise before u know it u will have an unhealthy obsession. Do u exercise? I only ask because when i was following plan and working out regularly (i was burning around 800cals a day in the gym) sf actually told me to increase my snacks as i was seriously undereating and my body stopped dropping the lbs!!!

Stephie77 xxx

I agree with what everyone said above, 16 calories is absolutely nothing! Don't fret about it, the first week takes some getting used to, so ride it out and you'll feel better next week :)

How are you getting on hun? x

my weigh in day is tuesday too :)

Well done on sticking with it, its hard the first couple of weeks but in no time you'll be used to it and as the weight falls off you'll be more motivated, don't worry about going over a bit at the weekend you only fail when you give up. Best of luck for weigh day :)

Hey all,

I weighed myself today, and not too sad, I stayed the same but then I expected that as I did over indulge the weekend, and I mean too much, but it is all trial and error and finding your way. It is my first time on a food replacement diet and I think I done really well to stick with it for five days, I am sure it will get easier in no time, this will be my first week and I will ensure that there are no more slip ups.

Thank you all for your support, how has everyone done this week??

xxx

Hi hun! Don't worry too much! I only lost a pound this week... had a bad Weekend (well Fri & Sat) too. Grr, why do we do it to ourselves?
I've decided I'm going to stick to the plan 100% riggidly for two weeks (eeek! - just to give it my all and see what results I get from really, trying - you know?!) Anyway, I've created a thread '2 week 100% challenge or something like that :p' So feel free to join us :D

You can do this hun, try not to get too down about one weekend... and... think of it this way, if you hadn't been on sf and you overinduldged like you did you may have had a gain.

com on Davey - 100%! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

:bunnydance: x

Hi hun! Don't worry too much! I only lost a pound this week... had a bad Weekend (well Fri & Sat) too. Grr, why do we do it to ourselves?
I've decided I'm going to stick to the plan 100% riggidly for two weeks (eeek! - just to give it my all and see what results I get from really, trying - you know?!) Anyway, I've created a thread '2 week 100% challenge or something like that :p' So feel free to join us :D

You can do this hun, try not to get too down about one weekend... and... think of it this way, if you hadn't been on sf and you overinduldged like you did you may have had a gain.

com on Davey - 100%! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

:bunnydance: x

Cheers hun that really picked me up :)
i will be joining your 2 week challenge!!

We can do it!!! :gen126:

yes I definitely agree with Elaine.. you can do it Davey, just get back up on that horse lol!! Hope you have a great week this week x

G'waaaan Davey :bunnydance:

Dont worry too much lovey its better than gaining love, i only lost a pound! I also on the 100% 2 wk challenge!
Keep yr chin up xx

Back