Step 1 Sole Source Day 1 again, 6st off but 6st on !

Thanks Angel - you're so lovely! I think i'll have some curry, but no rice or naans...it just depends on what I decide at the time. OH asked me if he could take me out to dinner, and I said not yet, but soon. We are big foodies, so going out and trying something different is usually a treat for both of us. We will have a posh meal out in the next month or so with the in-laws but I can eat steak and salad. I think you're right that the closer to target, the more "tests" I will face - it's how I address them that will determine how I address them in the future I suppose - as an opportunity to share good company and have something tasty but healthy, rather than going off the rails because it's a "treat."

Talking of in-laws - when does the MIL come back?

xx

Thanks Angel - you're so lovely! I think i'll have some curry, but no rice or naans...it just depends on what I decide at the time. OH asked me if he could take me out to dinner, and I said not yet, but soon. We are big foodies, so going out and trying something different is usually a treat for both of us. We will have a posh meal out in the next month or so with the in-laws but I can eat steak and salad. I think you're right that the closer to target, the more "tests" I will face - it's how I address them that will determine how I address them in the future I suppose - as an opportunity to share good company and have something tasty but healthy, rather than going off the rails because it's a "treat." Talking of in-laws - when does the MIL come back? xx

One of the things I miss is eating with hubby, not that we go out a lot at home but take always etc.
it's nice to enjoy the social side if being with someone, sadly that usually includes food, drinks or both.
A steak meal is great as still quite good.

MIL back Nov 18th x x x

Last edited:
ah, so you've a couple of weeks - she'll notice straight away i'm sure - if not, she must be blind!

Your pictures show a huge change and it's fab for you to have that to look back on. I'm working up to a current photo but have put together a photo group of ones from the last couple of years...might post tomorrow...

xx

Evening all :)

After my weekends bing drinking session ( holds head in shame ) I am back on track, 4ltr of water down and my 3 products.
Few cravings today but its the start of my clear 30 days and I have a awful lot of work to do to get into the 13's by Dec.
Todays STS see's me at exactly 15st so it's got to be 100% if I'm in with a chance of doing it.

My TOTM is due at the weekend / next Monday and I know the week prior last time I did struggle with cravings so I'm not sure if its that or if it was because of the wine at the weekend. Either way the cravings will NOT be enough to topple me.

8 weeks until NYE and I want to start the new year off feeling a darn sight better than I did last year !

A little good news today my GP has agreed to me going back to work next Tue on a phased return. Fingers crossed my work Doc agrees tomorrow. Physio being sorted and a brain scan ( I shouldn't laugh but what a waste of NHS resources ) it's my blooming back and right hand side which is the issue any way that's a whole other story but the main thing is the next few weeks will see my activity levels picked up enormously by going back to work so fingers crossed that shows on the scales in the next few weeks :) I will of course keep you all updated tomorrow after I see the occupational health people. Going to have to have a full day or so to organise all of my uniform, wash ( to freshen it ) iron it all, sort my bags & keys etc good excuse to get round to sorting my bomb site of a bedroom. Housework has taken a back seat with my back but things are getting better and I guess I have to get on with things. This will no doubt result in another big Clear out :)

Anyway enough as I'm rambling again lol,

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week and to the month that is November, Xmas is next month :)
Keep up the good work everyone and thanks again for all of the kind comments & support x x x

stick to the path and you ll get there no problem, craving do sound a bit alcohol driven and totm never is useful.

that is ex on the work front fingers crossed for you toget life rolling along

here to a very sucessful fat busting november and you never know because of the break you might get a nice boost at the next weigh in
jx

Here's to another great day. I agree the cravings is likely to be from alcohol - it can take me 2 days (with food) to recover from drinking:(. I'm aiming to not have any until Christmas Eve... Let's see how do that!

Morning all,
Just a quickie as I have a busy day.
Managed 4.5 litre of water & my 3 packs yesterday, so pleased I did as the scales showed a SMALL loss this morning ( typically the day after weigh in lol )
Anyway a loss is a loss so I'm a happy bunny I have been 100% except the two drinking evenings ( drink only not food ) so although I had built my self up for a STS or a small gain I had prayed even for a lb loss as one night if drink couldn't undo a weeks worth of SS ?
Hope that makes sense, also hope the scales don't jump back up this week !
Weigh in on Monday with CDC see's the end to my 4 weeks solo, it's flown by and just goes to show there is enough support on here and other social media not to need CDC other than to get my products.
Starting the day with a large green tea, happy Tuesday and remember Xmas is just around the corner, LBD season will be in full swing before we know it x x x x

Morning lovely,

That's fab news about work! Getting back into a routine i'm sure will be great - let's hope the doc agrees with the physio.

Have a great busy old day - I know you'll stick on plan, you superstar you!

xx

Great start to the day angel! Hope the rest of it went well and was one of those busy but easy days diet wise. Busy can make sticking woth vlcd so much easier. X

Evening all,

Bit of a mixed day, 100% SS although I did think if I " cheated " I could put it down to stress . . . . . . . . .

Work doc was good in some respects, I can go back from next week IF they can find me something office based for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks part shifts on board my trains before hopefully being able to manage full time after that, HOWEVER he did recommend I find a position off board permanently due to my on going hip problems ( I'm currently off because of my back but am aware I need a hip replacement in the future ) totally gutted as I've worked on board for 12 years and I love it. Not sure I could work in a office environment after being in charge of my own train for so long it will be strange but I must do as he says although he didn't say I have to do it straight away he has put it in the report so I know " they " ( the management will push me so they don't have any responsibility should anything happen )
We have a internal weekly email with all current jobs so will start looking this week :-(

On the plus side I have as I say stuck to my SS and another 4 litr of water, if I'm going to be doing interviews I need to look & feel good. My next dilemma will be what to wear while in the blooming office for the two weeks,
I'm used to putting on my uniform for work and will have to hunt out suitable " office " attire. Another plus point is no one will notice I'm not eating as its half shifts for the 1st 4 weeks back :)
My direct manager is away until Nov 15th so will reserve full judgement until he's back.

Nothing else to report, as you can imagine very much mixed feelings but I'm so pleased it wasn't enough to topple me. . . . . .

Oh and when I got home 6-15 our electrics were all off so I had tetra by candle light until the electrician arrived, you couldn't blooming make it up !

Praying for the scales to stay the same as today or even better would be another small loss this week, anything but another STS on Monday.

Hope everyone has had a good day x x x

Well done Angel, you're doing an amazing job and staying focused - all of your posts are so inspiring.... And I'll take all the help I can get :)

So glad you're back and demonstrating your fantastic fat burning skills lol xx

Well done Angel, you're doing an amazing job and staying focused - all of your posts are so inspiring.... And I'll take all the help I can get :) So glad you're back and demonstrating your fantastic fat burning skills lol xx

Morning Beverley, thank you for your kind words :) it's never easy but I find for me It works to talk to myself ALL of the time telling myself I can do it and will do it.

The hardest part for me will be the same as last time, limiting food as I come off plan kind of getting it into my head that I can NEVER go back to how I was. I've always known carbs & processed foods are pure rubbish so I know they must be avoided I just don't get how some are luck to never put weight on even if they eat the same convenience foods I did I'm not talking fast food restaurants but I used to eat a lot of processed meal type foods, meal deals in supermarkets with wine etc, crisps and cheese also a couple of my old favourites.

image-2654528918.jpg

I've literally just looked up and spotted a rainbow and it's given me another silly mental boost :) The world is a wonderful place and I want to be happy inside & out to enjoy it as long as I possibly can ( please excuse granddaughters play house lol the wind blows the roof off )
Going back to the rainbow though anything I see I try to look for the positive as if my minds not in it then I know I would fail so like I say keeping a positive mind is very important for me.

Banana tetra, 500ml green tea & 750 ml bottle of water for breakfast for me this morning. I've upped my water goal to 4ltr per day and thankfully I find that manageable so I'm full from the water alone lol the only downside is obviously all if the WC visits :)

Scales have stayed the same as yesterday so fingers crossed I see a drop on Monday.

Hope everyone has a fab, positive day x x x

Morning Angel,

Just caught up on yesterday's doc appointment and this morning - you do sound wonderfully positive today!

Shame about being office rather than train bound, but I suppose if in the long run it helps you to work for longer. Plus, as you said - it's not straight away, so you can carry on on board for a little bit. It sounds so glamarous to me - I am stuck in the office all of the time!

You are a testament to not letting issues getting the best of you - a stressful day would have had the strongest of people reaching for a "cheat" but you stuck with it - i'm mighty proud!

Hope you have a good day, and the electrician gets the lights back on!

xx

Morning Angel,

Just caught up on yesterday's doc appointment and this morning - you do sound wonderfully positive today!

Shame about being office rather than train bound, but I suppose if in the long run it helps you to work for longer. Plus, as you said - it's not straight away, so you can carry on on board for a little bit. It sounds so glamarous to me - I am stuck in the office all of the time!

You are a testament to not letting issues getting the best of you - a stressful day would have had the strongest of people reaching for a "cheat" but you stuck with it - i'm mighty proud!

Hope you have a good day, and the electrician gets the lights back on!

xx

Thanks hunni, lights were back on within a couple of hours thank goodness as my phone had died so I wasn't even able to get onto any social media lol.

My company is out for franchise at the moment ( announcement due next week about who will take us over ) Jobs could go next year so I'm not going to stress as what will be will be however I do flipping love my job so would be gutted. I'm not going to panic until I know what's happening with my current job then will think about switching to off board once a announcement has taken place.

Enjoying my last few days off before I should be back next Tue x x

Aw, make the most of those last few days of freedom! This time last year I had a month off work for a food op. I worked from home, but really loved being at home in the day and chilling on my own - even if it was with my foot up!

Those amazing pics of food - are they on Insta gram? I've not got an account, but those meals have me seriously tempted!

xx

Aw, make the most of those last few days of freedom! This time last year I had a month off work for a food op. I worked from home, but really loved being at home in the day and chilling on my own - even if it was with my foot up!

Those amazing pics of food - are they on Insta gram? I've not got an account, but those meals have me seriously tempted!

xx

Yes flick the pics are on there, the person who posted those only posts CWP food pics, I love it :)

So today 5.11.14 another nice easy day just sailed along without any issues,

3 products and the usual 4litre of water so lots of running to the WC lol

Tomorrow a friend from work is popping in to see me :) it will be interesting to see if she mentions anything, apart from that a boring straight forward day. I do hope to hear from work tomorrow to see if they have sorted me some shifts for next week. . .

Friday my granddaughter ( 8 ) is sleeping over as we are going to the pictures on Sat morning then we are going straight to Bella Italia, I will resist all food and just have water & coffee. It's a late birthday treat as its her favourite food place and she still has a little birthday money left so i thought shopping and pictures and I know I can resist it so it won't be a issue. We love our girlie time so it will be nice for both of us, I may even take her into Newcastle to see Fenwicks window which starts Friday.

Anyway like I say a problem free day today, again I'm praying for a small loss or a STS on the scales in the morning I won't hit my personal goal by Monday . . . . . . My last weigh in with CDC was 13 Oct and I was 15.8, I'm sure I had said I would like a stone off ( will look back through my diary ) if I hadn't have had the 2 planned events I'm sure I would have been ok but life happens and I will have a loss obviously just maybe not as big as I had hoped for when I last weighed with her.

Kat goes off to look back through diary to see what I said I wanted on 13 oct . . . . . . . .

( sorry to disappoint but I'm sure no one seriously thought I was called Angel )

Last edited:
Results are in, week three = another 3lb loss, total in 3 weeks of being 100% SS = 19lb which I'm happy with. Week 3 should be a bigger loss but still no TOTM ?

I went against getting bars but did get 4 weeks of products so no official weigh in for 4 full weeks, I will still continue to weigh myself :)

Not much else to report so far today. Will update my stats ASAP. By my calculations I have 51 lb to go so fingers crossed by my next official weigh in it will be more like 40 x

My post from the day of my last weigh in with CDC ( I bought 4 weeks of products as you can see hence no official weigh in )

I certainly have less than 51lb to go now so I may be close to the 40 I had prayed for,
I'm sure on my last weigh in at home it was 43lb to go so if I can shift 3lb by Monday I would be ecstatic but I doubt very much I will do that, fingers crossed though.
TOTM arrived later that afternoon so should be due again on Monday :-( blooming typical !

Off to bed soon so not going to go on tonight ( just realised I'm a bit tired which isn't me usually, I have been browsing Betty's web and Harrodsburg looking for nice Xmas foodie gifts for people ( not for me ) but it must have drained me knowing I can't have them lol . . . .

Catch you all tomorrow x x

Morning Angel (Kat:) ) you made me chuckle!

im sure it will be a good loss on Monday and with totm it can really skew the scale reading so just focus on completed days. You are doing very well.

Back