Day 1 and here for the long haul. . . . . . . . . .

Compliments are always helpful - sometimes we are too hard on ourselves and cannot see the results of our hard work. I am sure you will get to your goal by July - we are still in April so you have plenty of time. Have a nice day!

Thanks summerslim,

I'm trying a change of route and have just had my 1st shake, I've been having it much later so will see if having it early boosts my metabolism and gets the scales moving lol :)

Thanks summerslim,

I'm trying a change of route and have just had my 1st shake, I've been having it much later so will see if having it early boosts my metabolism and gets the scales moving lol :)

I quite like having half a pack when I first get up to boost my metabolism :)
Im not sure if it works, but it feels right in my head :D

I quite like having half a pack when I first get up to boost my metabolism :)
Im not sure if it works, but it feels right in my head :D

Fingers crossed it helps boost a wee bit :) x

I usually dont have my first shake til about 10.30/11.00ish, sometimes even later, but in order to distract myself from the scales I've just had my first one so we'll see how that works for me.

The scales are being evil to me too... despite my saying I wasn't going to weigh daily or mid week anymore! Im desperate for the scales to move so Im going to try my hardest to stay off the scales until weigh day.. its impossible for us to not lose weight on this diet, I haven't cheated once and I know 15lbs in two weeks is amazing... but Ive got such a short space of time to get into my wedding dress that I cant help but feel a bit under pressure to see the scales move a tiny bit every day, we're our own worse enemy at times...

The scales are being evil to me too... despite my saying I wasn't going to weigh daily or mid week anymore! Im desperate for the scales to move so Im going to try my hardest to stay off the scales until weigh day.. its impossible for us to not lose weight on this diet, I haven't cheated once and I know 15lbs in two weeks is amazing... but Ive got such a short space of time to get into my wedding dress that I cant help but feel a bit under pressure to see the scales move a tiny bit every day, we're our own worse enemy at times...

Your not wrong there Sammy, we are far to hard on ourselves :-(

Here's hoping the scales shift soon for all of us :)

Morning all

? The scales have not budged again this morning ?
I am seriously wondering if I'm eating in my sleep lol I'm certainly not doing it any other time ! ! !
I know we have the discussion a lot that we shouldn't weigh daily but it's so blooming hard not to. I know I've been on track so the losses should be happening but not for almost a week,although I was a weekly loss last week that showed on the tue so 8 days ago ? ?
Still keeping strong but just don't understand :)

Angel, the daily weighing does not go down every day because the body process food be it real food or vlcd products and uses water we consume at different rates. Any decrease on the scale on a daily basis is unlikely to be fat loss. Remember Nat's experiment task for me to measure 8oz of water?

Ok so I haven't given you the science explanation and just my own basic explanation having googled and read the science of fat loss. In even more simplistic terms maybe you didn't wee enough or poo enough to have a decrease in the scale? So any decrease may not be fat as I've said. Gosh! I'm rubbish at these explanations!

What I'm trying to say is as a daily weigher I see down, sts and gains several time in a week. Sometimes a sts the right up until actual weigh day! Stick to plan the scale will budge.

Dont lose faith keep positive petal!

I know your both right and I know they will drop, kira everything you say makes perfect sense, As always thanks hunni :)

I'm currently at work and a lady just mentioned she's doing the 5:2, ( i instantly thought of you lol ) she's lost 11lb in 3 weeks but is quite slim so that's not a bad loss :) its amazing how many people are so into being healthy / weight loss.

Excuse any typos, iPhone and 125mph don't mix lol

x x x x

It isn't a gain, and will ultimately end up in a loss :) keep at it hun! Xx

Thanks, I know it pays off in the long run x

Its got to come off if you are being 100% Angel :)
You are doing great keeping motivated regardless :D

Its got to come off if you are being 100% Angel :)
You are doing great keeping motivated regardless :D

Thanks Marge, I'm beginning to wonder if my scales have a memory setting and just show my last weight constantly lol :)

Thanks Marge, I'm beginning to wonder if my scales have a memory setting and just show my last weight constantly lol :)

I think it was Minnie who had a similar wonder.
I think her OH went on the scales with the dog to make them show different :)
I do the same with the manfriend :)
He thinks I'm interested in HIS weight.
I really just want to check the scales are working properly, as his weight only fluctuates by about 5lbs :p
A bit sneaky eh ? :eek:

I've thought the same thing at times, especially when I know I've been to the loo, or eaten or drunk in between and they still stay on the same weight. My scales have a "reset", you stand on them just a bit and step off before the number "settles" and it goes back to 0.0 which recalibrates it, so I do that everytime now before I stand on the scales to make sure.

Morning angel! Now hopefully this will make you chuckle. My daily weigh went up this morning! From 8.6.4 yesterday to 8.7.4!!

For a spilt second I was miffed (was still half asleep!) then remembered Nat's experiment task she set me the other day and my post reminding you of that! Ha!ha!

if we stick to plan the weight will always come off but yes it's nice to see the darn scale move even a smidgen I know!
Have a great day! Xx

Morning angel! Now hopefully this will make you chuckle. My daily weigh went up this morning! From 8.6.4 yesterday to 8.7.4!!

For a spilt second I was miffed (was still half asleep!) then remembered Nat's experiment task she set me the other day and my post reminding you of that! Ha!ha!

if we stick to plan the weight will always come off but yes it's nice to see the darn scale move even a smidgen I know!
Have a great day! Xx

Thanks kira, Nats post was a good way of looking at it but still no flipping movement on the scales for me ?
I never had this on my other VLCD and if I wasn't in a good mindset it would have thrown me off plan by now.
They have got to move by the morning surely :)

Just had my morning shake and have to say the strawberry one was very nice, I used my free exante shaker and it mixed very well :)

Day 25 !

Eat crap = feel crap !

The scale will move:) it has to because you are sticking to plan! I feel your frustration though despite knowing the ups and down of daily weighin! No pun intended!:)

Back