Day 1! Feeling Better Than Expected....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by happyland, 13 March 2008 Social URL.

1. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well, I went to my lovely new cdc yesterday and came home with my weeks worth of sachets!

Had my first chocolate shake this morning and it was ok! Been at the toilet about 100 times so far so I must be getting fitter too running up and down the stairs!

Lunchtime and I had a vanilla shake and it was a lot more enjoyable than the choc one....

What soup would anyone recommend for tea time?

I'm kind of wishing I had chosen 14 soups and 7 shakes as I don't really have a sweet tooth and I think I will enjoy the soups a bit better but hey ho there is always next week!

What is everyones opinion on all the flavours? Is there a couple that everybody likes and is there a few flavours that are in general vile?

I'm so glad that I am feeling fine (so far) and I am feeling very positive, excited and looking forward to getting to know all you miniminers!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mazza

Mazza Serial poster

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Hi Lee

And good luck!

Leek and potato is nice but I really love the chicken and mushroom soups - like you I prefer savoury. Not keen on the cheese and broccoli:sign0137:

Maz x

4. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    You will get used to the shakes, they are a lot sweeter than I imagined. Try splitting them in half if they really are too sweet for you.

Soups are lush, my particular favourites are veg, leek and potato and chicken and mushroom. Favourite shakes are butterscotch, vanilla and toffee and walnut. But everyone's tastes are completely different! Only one I really detest is the broccolli and cheese, it has a weird aftertaste.

Good luck with finding something that suits your palate, some people just stick to one flavour for every meal, so there is no problem with doing that if you really can't stomach any of the others! Your CDC will also change the ones you hate.

Good luck with your journey, keep us posted on your progress!!

Theresa x

5. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for your replies..

One more question...

Do I make the soup in the same way I make the shakes?; in a jug with a hand blender... And can I add anything to them?

xxx

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

When i make the soups I find mixing them by hand you dont end up with any lumps. With the sweet shakes they def need a blender. I dont really like the sweet shakes either. My fav soups are chick and mushroom. and the veg one :) i live on the choc and banana tetra;s mainly :)
    best of luck to ya :) :) :)

7. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks Becky... Do you just mix them with a fork or sppon?

8. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    good luck with the diet xx

9. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I can't stand the Forest fruits shake, it makes me feel sick just thinking of it actually. I love the chocolate ones, and the toffee one is ok too. I'm looking forward to trying the Cappucino one and the soups, but as I hate broccolli anyway, i shall give that one a miss!

I can't wait to get started next week.

10. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks again everyone...

I just had my first Cd soup! I pu a fair amount of pepper in it and it was actually delicious! I think I was just so hungry that anythin would have tasted good and it heated me up a bit!

I was feeling a bit shaky before it but I feel fine now! Really pleased about soups... Think I will go for more of them next week.

Had 7 pints of water so far... How many do you think I still need to drink?

xxx

11. want2wearbikinis

want2wearbikinis Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hiya,

I think 7-8 pints works out at about 4 litres so thats fab.

Which soup did u go for? I had broccoli and cheese soup at lunchtime...wouldnt reccomend it!!

xxx

12. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sarah...

I had the veg soup... I don't think I've read anything good about the broccolli one! I'm going to try the oriental chilli tomorrow!

I am in a wee bit shock as I know that is my food all gone the day! :(

I'm just thinking of the dreaded swimsuit in May!!

xxx

13. want2wearbikinis

Diet:
    CD
    i know that's what i keep thinking, aim to look good in the swimsuit in the summer! must not be fat again this summer! you going away anywhere in May then?

xx

14. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes going to a villa in Spain. First time we've been abroad since the kids were born so I'm really looking forward to it!

The last time I was abroad 5yrs ago I was a size 12 and now I'm an 18/20 so I was really dreading the swimsuit thing!

But hopefully I'll lose a bit before then!

Are you going anywhere?

15. want2wearbikinis

Diet:
    CD
    oooo nice, you lucky thing! you've got a few months yet so keep up the good work and you'll be fine!

I'm not going anywhere as nice as you unfortunately, I'm going to centre parcs in Longleat for a long weekend in May, so I'm also slightly dreading the swimsuit thing, like you I'm a size 18-20 at the mo. Today I've been looking at swimsuits/tankinis that I like to keep me motivated!

Blimey I need a wee again, that's like the hundreth time today! lol

xx

16. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ha ha... Me too. I keep the Next directory sitting next to me and flick through the swimsuit pages to keep me going!

17. want2wearbikinis

Diet:
    CD
    the next directory is like a bible to me lol love it! the summer collection is online now, so hoping the directory will be out v soon, there's some gorgeous swimwear in there this year.

18. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sarah..

I got my new summer directory the day before yesterday so I would imagine you will get it soon!

I'd decided my bikini days were well over but hubby said the other night that it's a shame I won't be able to get a tanned tummy so I have kind of been looking at the tankinis... Might be getting carried away with myself now! :D

19. want2wearbikinis

Diet:
    CD
    hiya,

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy how exciting! sad aren't i lol.

hows things going?

day 4 for me and feel hunrgy for the first time today...strange.

xx

20. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sarah..

Had a very grim day yesterday.. Went to asda with kids, forgot my nicotine patch, ended up raging and starving, the smell in asda really got to me.. Ended up with the worst sore head ever!

But once I got home, had my nicotine patch, got the kids to bed, I was happier and a bit more positive again.

Ended up going to bed early though as Fri night is normally my wine and treats night!! :cry:

However I feel a LOT better today!

xxx

21. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sarah is this your first time on cd or have you done it before?

Do you know if you're in ketosis yet?

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.