Day 1 of a 16 week target

Samcg

Hi,
Well here goes day 1 of 100% total food replacement exante plan!
I’ve weighed, taken photos and measured myself!

In preparation last week I tried to cut back on my carbs & portion sizes and lost 1.5lbs. So I start the plan at 17 stone 2.5 with a BMI of41.3 putting me in the very overweight/obese category.

I have 6 weeks’ worth of supplies and feel very positive. I’ve just had the chocolate shake for breakfast that was very pleasant, pint of water and a black coffee and I decided to write a post on here.

My 1[SUP]st[/SUP] target is to get into the 13stone region by my 30[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday on the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] June which is 16 weeks away! so I’m aiming to loose in the region of 50lbs & I hope to lose 2-4lbs per week.

I’d like to have a 30[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday gathering where i can take photo's and go on a family holiday in the summer where I don’t feel self-conscious about my size.

I have always been on the chubby size and was always referred to as bonny as a child! I have been on and off different diets and have actually been on total meal replacement plans in the past.

As a teenager I was a size 16 but was happy and confident. At uni and away from home my weight rocketed to well over 18 ½ stone and I wore a tent size 24-26.
After a heart breaking split from a boyfriend of 6 years I set out my journey on lipotrim a purely liquid diet of 600 cals and got down to 11 stone 11 and worea size 10/12 for the 1
[SUP]st[/SUP] time in my life!
Everyone gave me amazing compliments and in the mirror fully dressed I looked great. On the inside I was so disappointed with myself.
I emotionally I couldn’t handle the rapid weight loss and at 25 I was disgusted with the look of my naked body following the weight loss. My skin was saggy around my belly and arms and my once lavish breast had dropped dramatically! I hadn’t used the gym to tone up or exercise. I started to eat to fill the skin and to feel better with myself!!
Over the following few years I ended up inthe 16 stone category using food as a comfort blanket where my weight stabled.

Then at Christmas last year we had my 9 year old step son over from Spain for Christmas and we took him go karting. He really wanted meto go on with him and his Dad but I was frightened the go kart wouldn’t take my weight and I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get in and out of it never mind the horrible thought of trying to fit into one of the jump suites. So I sat at the side and watched them having fun whizzing round. When I weighted myself after all the festive cheer I was horrified that my weight had gone up to almost 17 and a half stone!With my 30’s round the corner I did not want to feel fat at 30. I have noticed i get tired quickly and it hurts when i've been on my feet all day.

This time my mind set is different with the weight loss; I know the weight loss is only a part of the jigsaw. Positive thinking, exercise, toning and a plan when I finish the meal replacement is critical.

My overall target is to get to 10 stone by Christmas 2013 so that when we have my step son over I don’t miss out on any more family activities.

Anyone else starting the plan this week or are well into the plan : I wish you all the best of luck at making yourself feel health & more confident! Sam x

Last edited:
Hi Sam, I've also started today and feels like its going OK.

Good luck with your journey and you seem focused on your goals, so hope you achieve everything you set out too!!

Jody

Hi Jody, you too! have you ever done the diet before? I found this site a great source of info. I've followed a sim plan in the past but it nice to get a hand on all the information and talk to other people going through it.
What is your aim for? Good luck. Sam x

I done this for 6 week last year...just before a holiday and lost 18lb.having gained half of that I'm now aiming to lose 36lb which seems doable right now. These first days are the hardest and social situations but we'll get through them with the help if this site.
I've a hen weekend this weekend (not mine) but going to be sensible and only I know what I'm drinking so can have the odd soda water.
Have you got a selection of packs or sticking with shakes? I only eat porridge n have an occasional treat with a bar cos I personally couldn't get the soups down. X

I'm sure you can loose 36lbs in 17 weeks -thats just a few pounds per week. They always say you put your water weight back on at the end so don't be dissapointed to gain 4-8lbs ... its not fat its just water. If you reach your target early it might be worth going a bit further to allow for the water gain.

I found my best weight loss weeks were when i drank loads of water through out the day and had a good nights sleep.

Social events can be a killer - i tried not to highlight the fact i wasn't drinking last time i did it - fizzy water with ice could be a G & T! Plus think of the money you will save and the lack of a hangover!!

I have gone for a box of the chocolate shakes and a box of the porridge. I then bought one of each of the other items to try.

I did tried the 'Be u' plan last year and can rem the soup was horrible! i found the shakes and porridge the best and filling.

Like you say the 1st week is the hardest - my boyfriend is a builder and eats like a horse so i am planning to avoid him all week!! ha ha!

Well lets hope this time next week we are positng excellent weight loss and losts positive comments!!
Sam xx

Welcome on board hun, Good luck on your exante journey :)

Thanks Harry. I'm off work today so taking it easy ... think alot is in the mind. I can't wait to see a loss to get me kick started!! roll on next week! Sam x

How you getting in Sam at the end if day one?x

Hi Jody,
Not too bad - and you? I found the water drinking easy. It was hard cooking an evening meal for my boyfriend ... but i kept busy while in the kitchen ... i had my pint of water and meal replacement ... followed by a black coffee and did a hell of a lot of talking to fill the time he sat eating!!

I plan an early night today and see how i feel tomorrow. I can remember that last time it take 3-4 days to get the swing of it but it should be worth it in the end.

Hope you had a good day. Sam x

slept well and for the first time in ages i woke up before my alarm! just had a pint of water and a choc-orange bar ... seemed quiet big and filling ... tasted a little salty to me but could be the taste buds changing!! I think i'll order a box of them next time.
Have a good day everyone!
Sam x

Pleased to hear its going well!! Have you tried the tesco crispy choc meal replacement bars...I have them instead if the exante ones as I find them powdery...everyone's different though.
I've got the bad head today which I know does last n is an indication going in right direction.
You keep up with the water...surprising how much it suppresses the appetite eh!! I even went spinning last night and didnt feel too bad after!!
Slim for summer is looking doable x

No - didn't know tesco did meal replacement products ... i'll have to have a look and give them a try - thanks for the heads up.
Check you out with the spin class - you'll be a toned skinny minni by the summer for sure!!

I've just felt tired and cold. No major headaches. Hope i'm also going in the right direction ...I'd like to buy some of the ketosis sticks & might call at the chemist or boots on my way to work later to see if they stock them.

Where is your holiday to in the summer? I bet you can't wait to go out buying clothes!

Have a good afternoon x

Yeah they are by the slim fast stuff...ours is with the medication. I have them instead quite filling n satisfies the chocolate craving!!
Oh I don't know about that, I've been spinning over a year and its toned and built muscle more than anything. But il be sticking at it cos feels good...afterwards!!!
Oh u heard about them sticks but didnt know where to get them...I might have a look at getting them. Hoping to get in ketosis ASAP and not throw myself out after 2 nights in Liverpool,but got my supplies ready to take!!
I haven't got anything planned for summer time yet...looking at getting a last minute deal. But going away for 4 days to benidorm for a hen night at the end if April. So want to look good for that but will have to be sensible as its all inclusive!! Then I've 4 weddings in the space of 7 week.
What about yourself,have you anything planned?x

Its my 30th birthday in the middle of June, i know i wont be at my ideal weight for then but i'd like to feel good for that. i've no major plans yet for it but i know if i don't get a hold on my weight in my late 20's i don't think i ever will!!
My boyfriends son lives in Spain so we'll more than likely head over there in the summer ... i've never been slimmer than a 16 on holiday before and for once i'd like to be thinner and feel ok with myself. Last year i was a 18/20 on holi and really struggled in the heat on the beach. I'd also like to be able to join in with the games without feeling like a whale!!

Wow - you've got alot of do's to go too - it was like that for me a few years ago and you don't feel like you have a weekend to yourself! I hope you enjoy them all.

i've got a few christenings late summer and a wedding to go to ... i'd like to feel excited about buying the outfits rather than dreading the shopping trips.

Today seems to be going much quicker .... i just keep thinking 16 weeks - eak!!!!

x

I've added an avatar of that i aim to look like ... a motivation!!! the picture was taken after i had done Lipotrim and was roughly 12 stone and a size 12/14! I was about 25 at the time.

Good idea on the visual aim...looking good may i add!! I've never been the weight I'm aiming for well knowingly...so can't copy unfortunately!!
Your 30th will feel extra special for ya if you're happier with your weight so good for you!!
My second day has dragged...have to crumble a bit and have a booked egg for some sort of protein after spinning today...I needed to do the same last time I done this diet but feel gutted ive had to so early on...and after making two big batches of mars bar cake and not giving in!! Water for the rest of the night.
Did you get some sticks?x

Hi sam, hope you are doing well honey, sorry i m little busy nowdays and didnt get time to check on to the diaries. Hopefully after thursday my life will be less busy.Good Luck to you as well Jodyp :D

Thanks Jody.
I’ve just never been below that photo ...and that’s what I need to do!!!!
For my height I should be between 8 and 10 stone …. The lowest I got to on the lipotrim was 11 stone 11lb. I then reefed for a trip and very quickly put a stone on. That is the down size to total food replacement. You naturally put your water weight on and then if you don’t make a conscious effort with your food , carbs and portions your body thinks you are still ‘starving it’ and you store the fat.

In the picture I think I was about 12 ½ stone and I’m sure that dress was a 12/14.
I always hide my weight well with the right underwear and to be honest I don’t always think it’s always about the scales it’s about how you look and the dress size.
When I returned from the trip it was Christmas and then my Grandfather got cancer in the New Year so I didn’t return to the lipotrim or an alternative and slowly over the next 3 years the weight crept on. Since then I’ve ‘dieted’ for an occasion like my best friend’s wedding – but I’d get myself to an ‘ok’ size and then forget that I needed to diet more!!

I’d love to get to 8 ½ - 9 stone in an ideal world and then change my eating habits for good and not diet.
I haven’t ever been a big junk food, pudding or sugar eater. I’ve always eaten to large a portion, far too many carbs and enjoyed the wrong types of alcohol and fizzy pop. Bread is my killer and I know it doesn’t agree with me and the scales. My treat would be a big glass of red, french bread, bag of crisps or cheese and crackers.
I am also a classic diet food buyer – I’d think I could eat anything that said low fat or no sugar. Deepdown I have always know I’ve been kidding myself. I'd make really healthy dishes but eat 2-3 portions!!

T
he last few days I’ve decided that I am going to need tofollow this for as long as possible, even if it takes a full year.

Sounds like you had a hard day yesterday. Maybe you need some alternative liquids to avoid temptation? Try not to be too hard onyourself, sounds like you were pretty busy and it is a hard plan to get in the swing of. Once you are in ketosis you’ll be ok.
I didn’t have chance to get the sticks yesterday, I’ll try today & let you know where i get them from.

Hope you have a better day. It’s lovely and sunny here in Manchester to help lift my mood!

Have a good day everyone! J

Hi ladies,

i am on day 7, to be honest today is the first day I haven't felt starving. So hang on in there. I bought some ketostix from Tesco so knew yesterday that I was in ketostis, but I was struggling and I'm so glad appetite has finally switched off. Get in there!

I want to lose 2-3 stone as I want to wear trendier clothes and get some self confidence back. I'm sick of people seeing old photos of me and being shocked that I'm the same person( inc passport) I laugh it off but it really hurts. I used to be glamourous, but now I look like my mam!

Im also trying to find a job and think I will interview better if I don't look like a food addict.

roll on spring, I want to get a tan on this shrinking body

first weigh in tomorrow

Hi QG, i can totally totally relate to all of what you have said in your post. I also get the feeling that people question why is my boyfriend with me!! He's tall, very slim, toned etc...
I had got the the point where i had totally blocked it all out - and avoid the fact had a problem. I know deep down my size holds me back with sooooooo many things. I hate visitng friends & going out etc.

I think we all have fought a terrible battle with food and the addiction. If we were drug addicts we'd get held and support.
When you think about it we uses food to reward, celebrate, feel better, cheer us up etc... its a friend but also our worst enemy!!

Well done for your first week - is this the 1st time you have followed such a restrictive plan? Are you using just shakes? do you exercise or plan too?

I'll try tesco for the strips this afternoon - thought i'd have to go to the chemist and was dreading asking at the desk! thanks!
Samx

Back