Day 1 smoke-free: now day 150! Wooooo!!! :-D

Hey Sian and Biggy,
I am soooo glad I stayed off the smokes, especially as right now I have a cough and cold, now normally that would have gone straight to my chest and I would be in the thick of a bout of Bronchitis, while it has gone to my chest, it's just a niggly cough and nothing more....8 years in a row I had Bronchitis for anything up to 6 months....this is my 2nd winter free of it and I am over the moon :woohoo:
Sian Kirsty n Mark are back smoking, but are going to try again, long story short they split up briefly after nearly 6 years and the stress sent them right back to the smokes, but I have faith in them, I know they can do it....they have both cut down immensely and that pleases me, especially Kirsty who doesn't even have a cigarette until she gets home from work.
As for Mal my hubby, I don't think he will ever give up, he's nearly 67, but he too has cut it down immensely, he uses an electronic cigarette most of the time, but has the odd ciggie when it gets too much, he swears he's not having more than 10 a week, from somebody who was on over 50 a day I think that's pretty good, but I still nag him daily lol.
I wouldn't say I ever got cravings for cigarettes these days, but I have forgotten on occasion that I have and looked for my ciggies lol ...I think that's only because I smoked so long and so heavily, and it's happened about 3 times in 20 months, I guess one day I will remember I don't actually smoke lol
Keep up the good work both of you, dead proud of you both xxxxxxxxx

Hey Sian, how's it going, I really don't think I need to ask if you're smoking or not as I am pretty certain your not.
Good news here too, Kirsty and Mark are quitting for the new year and even mal has said he is going to try again, I know how hard it is for him and I just appreciate the fact that he really wants to try to give up.
21 months for me and not a single thought of smoking again, I am definitely one of the people I never thought I would be...the ones that used to smoke and lecture on the perils of it after they quit...but you know what I don't care....because after I said to my nephew what he was going to do to his child even if he didn't smoke round him/her unless he changed and showered and stayed away from the child for at least half hour after smoking, he has decided to quit (baby is due 17th January) and I am so happy.
Anyway be lovely to hear how you're doing, and you too biggysmalls...take care and incase I don't hear from you ...Happy Smoke Free Christmas to you both :bighug: xxxxxx

Great post! Yes i am still smoke free and so glad. It's been hard but 2011 was a success so here's to the future!! Too cold to be stood outside toking anyway ;-)

I do laugh everytime my lot step outside and shiver in the rain and cold while I am snug inside ...they all have hacking smokers coughs too while I am able to breath easy lol...not being nasty, just really glad that's not me anymore.

Wow Wolfie and Maximus, can't wait to say I have been smoke free for over a decade, well done both of you xx

I do laugh everytime my lot step outside and shiver in the rain and cold while I am snug inside ...they all have hacking smokers coughs too while I am able to breath easy lol...not being nasty, just really glad that's not me anymore.

Wow Wolfie and Maximus, can't wait to say I have been smoke free for over a decade, well done both of you xx

Even better is I still save the £75 per week from day 1 - do the maths! - I've never felt better - I have paid for my motoring out of said pot, including two brand new cars and passing my test too:cool:

I continually reward myself in this way otherwise I might fall off the wagon:p

Even better is I still save the £75 per week from day 1 - do the maths! - I've never felt better - I have paid for my motoring out of said pot, including two brand new cars and passing my test too:cool:

I continually reward myself in this way otherwise I might fall off the wagon:p

Wow that's amazing, I haven't saved it all, but I have saved enough to pay cash for a holiday for myself hubby, kids and grandkids from what I saved ...so looking forwards to that one.
I think I might save and get a car, haven't passed my test cos I bottled it, but really want it so I am going for it and nothing better than aiming for something which I know I can now afford cos I no longer smoke.
Was looking to see how much my smokes have gone up to just the other week, when i gave up I was spending close on £300 a month, that's now close on £500 in such a relatively short time, what a waste of money xx

Evening all!

Wow, I haven't posted for ages! I'm still not smoking - 21 weeks and 3 days, wooo! Or 150 days today! :D:D:D

Lily - I'm so glad your family are going to try to quit again in the new year. Hopefully this will be the time theu stay off the cigarettes for good :)

Maximus - I also can't wait for the day when I can say I haven't smoked for a decade :) What a fabulous achievement!

Well done hun, 150 days already :wow: that went quick, but then so did the last 21 months.
Hun I won't be holding my breath with their non smoking but I am really pleased they are going to try again.
Carry on the good work hun and in case I don't get to talk to you again before Christmas, happy smoke free Christmas to you and yours xxx

Sian I am so proud of you !!!!!

You will never be sorry you gave up the filthy weed.

It is 19 years for me 20 in the June of next year and I do not miss it one bit. In fact I find the sight of a full ashtray beyond distasteful.

Now all I need is for Paul to do the same.

:33::26::23:

Hello Sian, just wondering if you're still off the weed?
Been nearly 3 years for me now and not even the slightest temptation to restart, can't say so much for Mal, Kirsty and Mark, they are back on it again, they're like yoyo's lol but I do laugh when I see them standing outside shivering on freezing cold snowy days like today.

Whatever you're doing, I hope you're keeping well xxx:hug99:xxx

Hiya hun! Yeah, I'm still smoke-free! It was 18 months on 18th of January, so it's coming up to 19 months now :D Well done you on nearly 3 years! That's fantastic! Xx

Well done love that's amazing, I do hate to gloat (actually that's not true I love it) with my lot but I constantly remind them how they could have been 3 years smoke free too....and I am a hard task master, I have a new grandson living with us, he's just 8 weeks old they aren't even allowed anywhere near him,not even his mum and dad until they have brushed their teeth, used mouthwash. washed their faces, changed their clothes and sprayed with body spray, every single time they have a puff, hopefully they'll get fed up with doing that and decided enough's enough lol.

Keep up the good work hun, good to see you're still sticking wit it, proud of you xxx:hug99:xxx

well done to you all.as i say one day at a time .flys by to a year or more .its suprising how you dont even miss it .only wished i had saved the money .lol .still i feel a lot better for haven giving up .5 years now .only have to loose weight now .if only i could just stop eating .lol

Hello Sian, got to thinking of you today and wondering...no hoping you are still off the dreaded weed
Today is my 4 year anniversary, still can't believe I kicked my 50+ a day habit and have never looked back
My family have all finally given up, Kirsty and Mark are coming up to a year and Mal my hubby is about to hit the 4 month mark, I am so proud of us all, but especially of them and mostly Mal, he has really struggled and even now struggles a bit but has decided no matter how hard it is, he's not going to give in x
Hope to hear from you xxx:hug99:xxx

Hiya hun! Wow, 4 years...that's fantastic news! And I'm so glad all of your family have managed to pack in smoking too :)

It's been 2 years and 8 months for me and I'm still going strong. I can't say I'm feeling any healthier for it but I'm sure I must be :) xx

Hiya hun! Wow, 4 years...that's fantastic news! And I'm so glad all of your family have managed to pack in smoking too :)

It's been 2 years and 8 months for me and I'm still going strong. I can't say I'm feeling any healthier for it but I'm sure I must be :) xx

Wow that's flown buy, I remember when you had just given up, well done that's amazing. x

That really has flown by hun, I remember you reaching your first 100 days lol, I know what you mean about not feeling any healthier, in a lot of ways I don't but I have to say I really don't miss the bronchitis one bit, not had a single episode in the last 4 years, not even a chest infeaction ...a couple of minor colds like the one I have now but nothing like they used to be.....roll on next year lol xxx

Back