Day 1 smoke-free: now day 150! Wooooo!!! :-D

Thanks hun, I have those guidelines and so does he, we both joined a non smoking clinic, he gave up the same time as me but 7 weeks later restarted, used my daughters 21st as an excuse...I think he has smoked so long he is more scared what not smoking might do to him ( we have heard some very scary stories)...I on the other hand was more scared what it was going to continue to do to me ...I gave up on 19th March 2010 on the same day my husband, 2 daughters, step daughter and son in law gave up as well that was 6 of us...of those 6 the only ones not smoking till this week were me and my eldest daughter now. My youngest gave up again this week with her other half, hubby is giving up this weekend and step daughter is a lost cause....4 of them used the party to go back to smoking after just 7 weeks...they even planned it...so I guess it wasn't the right time for them.
But I am glad you put them up cos now I am only a fingertip away from reminding him what happens....the other thing I made him and my daughter and son in law do was work out something they could save up for.
My daughter as I said is getting married next year, her fiancée lost his job in February (he's an electrician) and while he was only out of work 1 day, the new job doesn't pay anywhere near as much as he was earning before so they had to make some cutbacks with regards to what they could have for the wedding, and chair covers were the 1st thing to do, she has now realised that between the pair of them they can now save and by Xmas will have enough to go ahead and have the covers they want. Same with my hubby, he is retired so money is tighter than it was and he is a mad keen fisherman, he has seen a fishing rod and a couple of other things he wants that he needs £350 to get them with, by Xmas again he'll have the money....so these are their incentives to give up and get what they want ...let's hope it works xx

I'm so disappointed in myself :( I was out to see a band last night (had far too much to drink, urgh!) and I had 2 puffs off somebody's cigarette. It was horrible, and it's completely messed up my number of days smoke-free. I should probably restart my count :(:(:(

I suppose the only good thing to come out of it was that I realised how vile it is, and can't see myself doing that full time any more! xx

Aw, don't be too hard on yourself, Dudette. It's happened, you won't do it again. Good luck, you're doing GREAT!

You don't need to restart your count or be so hard on yourself. Think of that SW expression, if you had a bunch of beautiful flowers in a vase and one died off, you wouldn't dump the whole vase full, would you?

Like any challenge, there may be set backs, but this is very minor and you can't consider it a mistake because you learnt an important lesson from it. You just took a tiny sidestep and now you know you can keep moving forward. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. Good on you for your honesty and for recognising that smoking is not for you any more!

I agree with everyone hun, don't be so hard on yourself, 3 months after I gave up hubby and I had the row to top all rows, he stormed off out, I grabbed 1 of the cigs I had been keeping in case it got to hard, I took 3 puffs, felt awful threw it away and have never touched another one since and never will, like you those few puffs were enough to tell me that I will never go back to them again...so here we are day 43? and you are doing brilliantly, just forget last night and move on.
By the way DD2 and her fiancée have just completed their first week and hubby is on day 3 and not being quite as miserable (YET)as I expected ...so :fingerscrossed: xx

I agree with everyone hun, don't be so hard on yourself, 3 months after I gave up hubby and I had the row to top all rows, he stormed off out, I grabbed 1 of the cigs I had been keeping in case it got to hard, I took 3 puffs, felt awful threw it away and have never touched another one since and never will, like you those few puffs were enough to tell me that I will never go back to them again...so here we are day 43? and you are doing brilliantly, just forget last night and move on.
By the way DD2 and her fiancée have just completed their first week and hubby is on day 3 and not being quite as miserable (YET)as I expected ...so :fingerscrossed: xx

Ooo, well done to your daughter, fiancee and hubby! :D:D You must be really proud of them all!

Thankyou for your support hun. Like you, MLM and biggysmalls have said I'm being too hard on myself. I think maybe I'd have been better staying on the higher strength patches for a while longer, as Saturday was my first day on the 14mg patches, but I'm ok today.

Those 2 puffs nearly choked me...I nearly coughed up a lung! :yuk: I think it's safe to say it's not an experience I ever wish to repeat! :) xx

Ooo, well done to your daughter, fiancee and hubby! :D:D You must be really proud of them all!

Thankyou for your support hun. Like you, MLM and biggysmalls have said I'm being too hard on myself. I think maybe I'd have been better staying on the higher strength patches for a while longer, as Saturday was my first day on the 14mg patches, but I'm ok today.

Those 2 puffs nearly choked me...I nearly coughed up a lung! :yuk: I think it's safe to say it's not an experience I ever wish to repeat! :) xx

Thanks hun,I am certain they can do kit they just have to believe it now, I keep telling my hubby to stop using negative words then he won't have negative thoughts ...looks like it might be working lol.
I am happy to say I am glad that's what it did hun, that's EXACTLY what it did to me and I am 10,000% sure it will never happen again...glad you're ok today, you are doing so well, before you know it you'll be wondering why you eve smoked in the 1st place and trying to remember if it was actually real or not ...I can't believe I actually used to smoke 50+ a day...seems so unreal now lol xx

Hi Sian, how's it going? Not heard from you in ages, are you still off the weed lol
Daughter and Son in law have just completed week 3, that's 22 days smoke free (daughter says it's actually a little easier than she thought it would be now she has a focus for stopping, that would be her wedding next year lol ) and hubby is now on day 17...Mal (hubby) is still struggling a bit but is being really good, has got a little part time job now which keeps him occupied, he is using an electronic ciggie and says while he is still wanting to smoke it does help, plus he's not anywhere near as moody as he was lol so :fingerscrossed: xx

Hiya hun! Sorry, I've been so busy now that we're back in school I don't get to post as much as usual! I'm still off the ciggies...just realised that I've been telling people in school that it will be 8 weeks next monday, but it's actually nine! :eek: How could I miscalculate by a week?!?! So I'm on day 58 today, wooo! :D:D:D:D

Sounds like your family are doing well...I bet it feels as much like an achievement for them as it does for me! :) xxxx

:woohoo: Well done sweetie, 8 weeks or even 9 weeks is fantastic, I so know you are going to do this.
I am so chuffed with all of them but not going to hold my breath just yet, when I gave up they gave up with me but after 7 weeks (using my daughters 21st birthday party as their excuse), they all restarted, so of the 6 of us that originally gave up only 2 of us stayed off it and are still off it, so once they get past that 7 week milestone I will start celebrating lol
It feels a lot like an achievement for me too as I nagged the hell out of them to get them to stop and even told my hubby a little white lie to get the desired effect lol
Between you me and the gate post, I told him that my daughter had said she would prefer he walked her down the aisle without smelling of tobacco and as she is a real daddies girl, his first reaction was (as I knew it would be) oh ok I'll try and give up then ...now he doesn't know that I lied (she did say it kind of lol ) so shhhhhhhhhhhh lol it was all in a good cause xx

aww, it was only a little white lie, and it was told for a good cause. Nobody can object to that hun :)

Well today is day 60!!!!!!!! :bliss: Woooooooooooooooo!! :D:D:D

Well done hun, amazing job, ...yeah I know but I do laugh cos he is so determined ...got my daughter sitting in front of me I just realised I better let her into the little white lie so she doesn't drop me in it lol xx

congratulations_on_your_magnificent_accomplishment_card-p137479936188129694zv2h8_400.jpg

proud.jpg

Oh well done Sian..............bloody fantastic !!!!!

Paul has failed miserably

Well done, Sian - 79 days is fabulous!

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted! I'm on day 79 now, woo hoo! :bliss:

Lily...how are your daughter, SIL and hubby getting on? Hope they're still off the weed! :D

xxx

:wow: wtg hun amazing job, so proud of you.:hug99:
Daughter and sil are still off it that's 45 days for them...Mal my hubby has had a few slip ups but, and If you tell him I'll deny it :8855:, I am proud of him cos he is really struggling but has definitely only had a few ...so for a 60 a day guy that's pretty good don't ya think ....he hasn't had any since Saturday again cos I told him that just those few have started his really bad cough off again, so he is still trying to kick it ....but I have faith in him I know he'll do it eventually, especially with us all nagging him and he'll be the only one in the whole of my immediate family still smoking ...so no pressure there lol ...keep up the great work hun xxxx

Hey dudette, how's the quit going?
I am a few days away from one year. I can hardly believe it. hope you're doing well x

Hey Sian how's the no smoking going?

Well done biggy that's amazing, I am on my 20th Month of no smoking and can't believe how amazing it feels after 45 years to be able to say I don't smoke ...gl with the rest of your journey xxx

Hello both! :D Well it will be 17 weeks for me on monday, and I think I've cracked the cravings when on a night out now! :D:D:D Yay!

Biggy - nearly a year, wow! :D Well done you hun! xx

Lily - 20th month! How fab is that?! :D:D How are your family doing with quitting? xx

Hi girls, It definitely gets easier, it just takes a long time! the last two months have been noticeably easier. Maybe the looming anniversary spurred me on.
My challenge now is not so much awful cravings but the threat of complacency, if that makes sense. Anyway, don't want to overthink it. Just keep doing the right thing, in this case, not smoking!!

I am so happy that you are both still smoke-free too. I almost wasn't going to post in case it looked like gloating and in case you had started again. Well done!!

I still sometimes fancy a fag. Correction, I "think" I fancy a fag, I know I wouldn't like it.
The advantages for me were late in becoming obvious - since giving up smoking I have taken up running and am all-round more sporty. The sky is the limit!!! I'm so proud of me and you fellow quitters! XX

Back