Day 1 smoke-free: now day 150! Wooooo!!! :-D

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hiya all!

Well as the title suggests, today is the first day of my attempt to give up smoking :) I'm doing it with patches this time, and they seem to be reducing the cravings so far, so fingers crossed!

I really am determined that I'm going to give up for good this time, so wish me luck everybody :)

Sian xx

Last edited:
good luck hun, I am a smoker myself and know how hard it is to give up...xx

Good luck!!! You can do it! :)

You can do it Sian. It is so liberating not to have to rely on the filthy weed.

Just imagine how awful it looks, a fag in your mouth and looking like a mobile chimney. It stinks ,it is expensive and it can KILL you. No pluses at all.

It was one of the best things I ever did !!!

Good luck............stick with it.

new-like-snogging-an-ashtray-lrg.jpg

Great to see you..........you O.K. ????

Thankyou ladies! :D

Sue, that picture really is quite gross, lol! :) I'm good thankyou, I finally feel like I'm getting my life back on track - I'm back on plan (apart from the odd blip!), I've lost some more weight, and I'm now determined to give up smoking over my summer holidays. Life is good! :D How are you hun?

xxx

Thankyou ladies! :D

Sue, that picture really is quite gross, lol! :) I'm good thankyou, I finally feel like I'm getting my life back on track - I'm back on plan (apart from the odd blip!), I've lost some more weight, and I'm now determined to give up smoking over my summer holidays. Life is good! :D How are you hun?

xxx

Bl00dy good thanks Sian............ happy, healthy, one or two things on hold for now but just so happy,broke but happy, and so glad to see you xxx

Good luck and well done for quitting! I've currently stopped for about 5 months, still get the urge sometimes but rarely enough to do anything about it haha.

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be cig free in no time!

Good luck with stopping. I gave up in June (my last one was on the 3rd). I went cold turkey and the first 2 weeks was hard, near the end of it I brought a 10 pack however, its still sat unopened in my bag. I very rarely crave them any more either which is great.

Thank you all for the good luck wishes! I have to admit I did have a bit of an alcohol-induced blip on day 1/2 :eek: but I've got right back on track, thrown any remaining cigarettes out that I had, and am doing ok, wooo! So now I'm on day 2 of gving up...going to mark them on the calendar I think :D xx

Love the photo Sian !!

You are a princess.

Make it financially rewarding!

I used to smoke between 40 & 60 per day. I have been saving the equivalent cash for 10 years in a ring-fenced account - as they say in the states, "Do the math"

If I didn't save this money, I'd have little or nothing to show for the sacrifice.

Just an update to say that I'm now on day 5, wooo! Apart from the itching when I change patches it's all good so far :) I know it's early, but I'm actually starting to feel like I might kick the habit this time :)
Woohoo! Well done you.
Can I make a suggestion? I don't know if it's possible as I've never tried. Change the title of your thread - get rid of the word "attempt" as I think it sounds a little negative - in that it sounds as if it's only the latest in a series of "attempts" IYKWIM? Show us you're serious and that it is the last time you'll need to do this :D

By the way - that's from an ex-smoker, 11 years smoke free

Proud of you Sian.

Nicotine is as addictive as heroin.

DESPITE OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE that tobacco is destroying their health and shortening their lives, 53 million Americans continue to smoke. Increasingly aware that their addiction is also harmful to their children and co-workers, they continue to puff away on 570 billion cigarettes a year.
Many smokers are highly intelligent people with impressive levels of control over institutions, budgets, employees and political affairs. Yet, after repeated attempts to give up smoking, they find that they cannot control this one, seemingly uncomplicated, aspect of their behavior. Are smokers more weak-willed than nonsmokers or former smokers? Or do millions of people continue to smoke for reasons more powerful than previously imagined? What, for example, could possess a heart attack victim to light up a cigarette the moment he is wheeled out of the coronary care unit?
Interdisciplinary research in pharmacology, psychology, physiology and neurobiology is just beginning to shed light on the incredible hold that tobacco has on people. Scientists have found, for instance, that nicotine is as addictive as heroin, cocaine or amphetamines, and for most people more addictive than alcohol. Its hooks go deep, involving complex physiological and psychological mechanisms that drive and maintain smoking behavior and that even produce some ''good'' effects, such as improved performance on intellectual, computational and stressful tasks.

Just dropped by to say well done, you're doing v well and should be incredibly proud of yourself. Stopping smoking is no easy task!x

Hi Sian - long time no see! Well done on your 5 smoke-free days - keep it up!

Put the cash in a jar and spend it on lovely new clothes to flatter your lovely new body!

x

Back