DAY 1

Yeah I'm 5ft 5 - according to my CDC you have to be 5ft 6 to have 4 packs a day, so you probably should be on 3. But if four helps you get through the week then i say go for it. Once my first week is done i intend on keeping a few extra packs in just in case i need something extra. An extra pack is far better than going off plan.

DAY 7!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! First week is nearly done and dusted!! Can't wait for weigh in!

I'm really starting to think my consultant doesn't know anything :|

I've cut down to three for the last two days.... I'll have a 4th if I really need it.

Thanks!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow! Let me know how you do!

Last edited:
I'm really starting to think my consultant doesn't know anything :|

I don't know what the official Cambridge line is on ss these days. I know it used to be 3 packs alone, but then someone told me (before i started) that they'd changed it to four packs and 200ml of milk...
I'm quite happy sticking with three but will keep some extras in and if i want or need an extra pack then I won't beat myself up about it.
I'll tell you something though hun, those porridges are a bloody Godsend when you're itching to have something to eat - i thought they were awful when i first tried em but when i REALLY wanted food it actually tasted really nice!!! Will most definately have to order more of those for those sticky moments! I'm looking forward to week three and the introduction of bars! YUM!!!

How're you doing anyway? xx

I'm doing ok actually :) Was a bit hungry last night, but just drank more and feel fine now :)

I'm just a bit concerned my CDC hasn't actually got a clue LOL

I can't stomach the porridge at all. Even the smell of it turns my stomach. I do however love the leek and potato soup - now that, and the banana and the choc mint shake are my live savers!

How are you doing today?

Made it through a whole week!!!
My stomach sounds as if The Gruffalo has taken up residence and my breath smells as if a dead badger is hiding under my tongue but i had weigh in and i've lost a grand total of ...........*drum roll please*.....................................10lbs!
AND its TOTM!!! :D:D:D:D

Am super pleased!

I can't stomach any of the soups, so its milkshakes and porridge for me this week. I also got a couple of tetras as someone on here said if you froze them and then left them out of the freezer for about 20 minutes before eating its almost like ice cream. I was contemplating putting mine in a lolly mould!

Are there any other CDCs in your area you could go to instead?! Sounds like yours is a bit of a muppet! (sure she's really nice though! lol)

OMG that's amazing!!! DOUBLE what I lost - incredible - you must be so proud of yourself!!!!

Keep it up - we can do this... we really, really can! BTW, what's "TOTM"?

Well done again!

Keep it up - we can do this... we really, really can! BTW, what's "TOTM"?

lol! TOTM is 'time of the month' and i've always had slower losses or no losses at all on other diets so i wasn't expecting 10!

And thanks guys. Am feeling fab and yes Mystic WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I have been struggling a bit psychologically today. I think because now i can say i haven't eaten for a whole week my head is shouting at me that i need food! However, have just had a shake and porridge and don't feel quite as bad now. I'm holding onto the fact that i will feel like cr*p tomorrow morning if i cave in and eat. I'll feel fab if i can get through another day. Baby steps. xx

As soon as I saw that I literally hit my head with my hand LOL Must be having a dense day *doh*

I have tough times too. Like today, I didn't know what time I'd be home so I prepped dinner for hubby and the kids this morning. I was fine while I was cooking it this morning as I'd just had my breakfast. However when I went to heat it up tonight, I got some serious pangs of envy!

I had to say to myself, which would have more of an effect, the enjoyment of food now or the regret tomorrow. Regret wins every time when I look in the mirror.

As you said, baby steps. I'm not looking at this as a long term thing... I can't, I'd fail tomorrow. I'm doing this diet day by day. I have choices I can make every time I look at food. I can choose to eat it, or I can choose to not. Either way, it's a choice. One I need to live with 5 minutes after the event.

It's like when I "quit" smoking. I never actually quit. I told myself I can wait 5 more minutes for my next cigarette. Now, 4 years later, I'm still waiting and making the choice to wait 5 more minutes :)

We can do this. We can do this together if you'd like :) Either way, with or without each other's support, we can and will achieve this :)

*hugs*

Morning Mystic! *waves*
Another successful CD day in my house. Didn't cave - although at one point i bloody well wanted to!! lol And woke up this morning in a positive mood only enhanced by the fact that i jumped on the scales this morning (don't normally do this the day after weigh in but i knew i was a pound away from being in the 14s!) and guess what!? I'm in the 14s!! YAY!!! Admittedly only 1lb into the 14's but its the first time in about five years!! WHOOP WHOOP!!! Geared up for another great day!
I can't look at it as a long term thing either, in those bad moments i take it hour by hour. Anyway, hope you have another fab day. Keep on trucking hun, we'll get there!

WELL DONE!!!

It's little goals that make all the difference isn't it?

I gave myself heart failure this morning when I got on the scales. I replaced the batteries and all of a sudden, I weighed 2KG more than yesterday!!!! Got off and got back on and then they went back down again! *Phew* Talk about minor freak out. Disappointed a bit though since they read the same as yesterday morning :(

Can't look at it as a negative thing though, as it will I'm sure go down tomorrow :) Gotta stay positive!

Have a really great weekend!

So... weigh in day tomorrow... I suspect I've only lost about 2.5lb. But we'll see. Also I'll be weighing in on different scales (new consultant), so it's not a true weigh in anyway.

Wish me luck!

Well apparently it was 6lb. I'm not convinced, but I'll take it anyway!

How are you doing?

Hey Rayven

How are you doing? I feel like I'm talking to myself!

A tip for the soup; buy some psyllium husk from the health store or order online from Healthspan. Add one-two teaspoonsful to the dry soup mixture and mix together before adding water. Also add some bouillion powder to taste if you need extra flavour. The soups come out creamy, thicker and filling. They also taste way better!

Psyllium husk is just pure fibre and is fab as a thickener for the sweet shakes, too. Or even the porridge.

Back