Day 1

Day 1 on Slim and Save, and I'm posting this whilst my adorable husband and offspring eat smelly lunch around me. Nice of them, huh? :eek:

So far I've had a vanilla-caramel shake which was- well, weird, frankly. Slimy. Made in a shaker. I'll gladly take any hints anyone can give me on shake preparation? Would it be better if I used a straw? I think lunch is going to be mushroom soup. Will gladly take any hints and tips from anyone? And is the macaroni cheese as bad as it sounds?

cannylassy said:
Day 1 on Slim and Save, and I'm posting this whilst my adorable husband and offspring eat smelly lunch around me. Nice of them, huh? :eek:

So far I've had a vanilla-caramel shake which was- well, weird, frankly. Slimy. Made in a shaker. I'll gladly take any hints anyone can give me on shake preparation? Would it be better if I used a straw? I think lunch is going to be mushroom soup. Will gladly take any hints and tips from anyone? And is the macaroni cheese as bad as it sounds?

Well done for starting. I started on Friday, and had had soup for lunch yesterday and today. I found it best to mix the sachet with a little water first to make it into a paste, stir well to get rid if lumps, then add the rest slowly :) I suppose the same logic would work with the shakes I spose :) HTH x

cannylassy said:
Soup was better! Not lumpy, even, but I think I added too much water.

Well done yourself- and two days in :) How's it going?

Yep-day 3 today, actually feeling ok. :) and enjoying it alot more than I thought I would

Good Luck to you both.

I started today, so far so good, it is hard though, as like you, my hubby & kids had breakfast this morn and the smell of toast...Mmmmmm.... I didn't give in though, lol.. xx

I find it makes a diffrence what shaker you use! I dont use the one from slim and save as I had another anyway i liked better... but i remember when i first tried CD mannny years ago I had an awful one and dreaded my lumpy shakes! - so maybe worth looking around? And playing with water consistancies too.

Though actually the caramel ones I tend to find are my least favourite, just because the texture doesnt seem quite right to me :/

Good luck though all of you! x

It's worth investing in a stick blender......good bye lumpy shakes :D

My stick blender had a tragic accident involving a gas hob, and I haven't got round to replacing it yet. I think it needs doing, though.

cannylassy said:
My stick blender had a tragic accident involving a gas hob, and I haven't got round to replacing it yet. I think it needs doing, though.

You can buy them for a fiver-if not less-in asda and tesco :) and they're great :)

What's a stick blender? Is it electric?

I just have shakers less washing up can carry around in a bag. They're lifesavers for me. Just don't try shaking a hot drink in one lol

Laurie said:
What's a stick blender? Is it electric?

I just have shakers less washing up can carry around in a bag. They're lifesavers for me. Just don't try shaking a hot drink in one lol

Yep-like a basic hand blender :)

Im an evening eater, I drink lots of my water during the day and only eat at night. I tend to have a double food pack for dinner, then a double milkshake made thick so its like a mousse.

Back