Day 17 - things I have noticed!

Musical Missy

1) I seem to have an extraordinary sense of smell - from my desk I can now smell the chip shop across the road from my office - its a fair way away (and I'm on the 3rd floor) but I can definitely smell chips - however I'm the only one who can (although maybe it a kind of oasis in the desert kinda thing?) Has anyone else noticed that their sense of smell has heightened??

2) Temperature - all this heat and I can't feel anything! I seem to be staying at a constant temperature -even when sitting in the sun and when everyone around me is sweating to bits and moaning that its too hot - I actually quite like it - not sweating in the slightest!

3) My gums are sore - no idea why - they were fine before but now they're not - course it could be unconnected to LL but who knows!

4) My hair and skin are better (they were both pretty damn good before but now even more so) must be the ocean of water I seem to be drinking on a daily basis!

5) The water is getting easier to drink - am currently on my 7th half litre bottle and its only 4pm. The key thing I've found is for it not to be ice cold but room temperature and drunk from a bottle with a straw.

6) Definitely not weeing as much as at the start - that can only be a good thing.

7) I still don't look any different but as I keep telling myself - if you take a cup full of water out of a bath, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, if you take a big bucket of water out, suddenly you can see the difference - or thats what I'm banking on anyway - I'm hoping 3 stone will be the noticing point.

MM x

I think that three stone was where it happened for me - and for most people in my group who started off in the 40s and 50s so yep ;) - believe me - you really do look different even though not you even you can see it yet - you are changing rapidly every day at this stage! - I took naked pictures of myself every 4 weeks and the difference between week 1 and week 5 was astonishing! Gum problems and soreness are one of the side effects, alas...there's a few of us on here that have noticed that.

Glad it's going so well! I know what you mean about the smells! At about day 17 I was like Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the chocolate factory - he was so poor he used to pass the factory and drink in the smell of chocolate! I used to pass chipshops and imagine eating the smell!

Back