Day 2 and sickness

Fattibumbum

Just woke up feeling really rough, shaking, heart racing, serious nausea. I managed half a glass of water and then was really sick. Is this something that has happened to others? I felt great last night, sailed through day 1.

Hasn't happened to me before but just try sipping on water. Maybe make up an isotonic drink and try that. It could be low blood sugar or something. If you don't feel better and can't keep fluids down by mid day I would go to the doctors. Hope you feel better soon.
FF :eek:

I feel so rough, like the worst hangover ever. Cold, but burning hot, nausea, can't keep my eyes open, heart racing. Serious carb withdrawals perhaps?

Tried to nibble a bar but almost lost it again, I've had half a cup of peppermint tea and some water but feel like I'm going to be sick again.

My friend took the wee one to nursery and I'm going back to bed.

Hi, poor you. Don't worry, I've had similar symptoms in the past. Your body is detoxing, and it does feel like the worst hangover for some people, myself included. I'd imagine today is probably your worst day. Stick with it, have 3 packs, paracetemol for any headaches,rest as much as you can. It will pass. Take Care.

Thanks lizzy and FF I've had a couple extra hours sleep and feel a little bit better, I'm just hoping my hubby is fairing better as he started yesterday too but was sleeping off nightshift earlier. I have a bit of hunger now but earlier just nausea.

I don't think I'll be making knitting group today lol. I'd drop stitches from all the shivering! Our wee boy goes to my in-laws every Monday, they love it, so he will be away and we can sit and groan, drink water, run to the loo and play the xbox all day by ourselves, yay!

K x

Hey, sorry to read that you're not feeling the best. I hope you feel better soon :)

Hi Lauriel I feel loads better thanks: :). I woke up feeling just fine yesterday but did fade a little as the day went on and now can't sleep but I feel ok with it. Just hoping for a wee sneaky hour before the wee one gets up.

X

Im glad to read that you're feeling better :D ..Make sure you try and get another little hours kip, it'll make all the difference. Im really regimented with my sleep as Im a nightshifter (Im at work atm, finish at 8am!) Then I'll head home, shower, glug of water, wake OH up for work, make his brekkie and lunch, then I'll hit the sack for a good snooze!! x :D

Lauriel I can't imagine doing a nightshift but if it's permanent you must get into a good routine. My Dh does early, back and nights and I never get into a routine with them, I miss the old 9-5 life but he loves it and it does mean we get weekdays as a family so it's quiet out and about.

Day 4 went well again so onwards and upwards. :)

Yeh you're right - routine is important! I've been on NS for 3years and I love being at home during the day, as well as my days off! I get more time off than I work lol, it is lovely to have time with the family when you're off. I love being off during the week when everyone else is away to work, it means that if I need to go anywhere or do shopping its not that busy - I can't hack busy places! Im approaching the end of day 3......Bring on Day 4! :D :D

I know it's passed, but sadly that's quite normal. the carb 'hangover'. Lots of fluid, pain killers, grit your teeth,usually lasts only a day though.

Back