Day 2 of restart....

*Does contain a food ref*

Well, after my positivity yesterday I am feeling a bit deflated today. Went to town with hubby and son, sat drinking water in Subway whilst they both demolished food. Then went to Cinema and sat drinking water whilst they demolished popcorn. Came home, mooched about for a bit then did tea for them. Here in Germany you can buy these 'pizza kits' where you get the fresh dough and sauce in a pack. You roll out the dough, add the sauce and whatever topping you choose, then cook and eat. So, making it was not a problem, easy enough, didn't even think about it. Smelled nice cooking but ignored it. Took it out of the oven and put on a board to cut it and my resolve started to waiver :( I can't even describe with words how good it looked and smelled and how much I wanted it. So, I quickly sliced it up, ran upstairs for a wee and bolted out the front door with the poor confused dog trailing behind me. He'd already had his evening walk but I dragged him back out for another one because I didn't want to fail myself. As I left the house I shouted back at hubby to 'get rid' of it all before I returned. Bless him, he did his best, ate what he could and put the rest straight in the bin.
I can honestly say that in 17 days, that is the first time that I have scared myself with how much I wanted something :( But, I guess the good thing is that I didn't have it, regardless of how much I wanted to. And of course, the dog is more than happy with his 2 walks.

Ah well, off to make a choc mint shake, who needs to chew pizza when you can suck your shake thru a straw!

Well done Jan. Steve and Lauren had fish and chips for dinner last night. I said I didn't mind sitting while they ate it, provided that any left overs were either binned or fed to the dogs straight away.

My lot had chinese this evening, I wanted some soo bad! Well done for resisting.

My lot had chinese this evening, I wanted some soo bad! Well done for resisting.

My lot had chinese too!!!!! We have friends to stay so I thought it was only fair! :jelous:
I resisted and had a Cambridge Chicken and Mushroom soup and then attempted (badly) to make a mousse for dessert. It was okay though, I just enjoyed having a laugh and drank herbal tea! :)

Well done to everyone on resisting everything this weekend - it will get easier and hopefully we will get to the stage when we can take or leave food - please let that day be soon !!

I have had a weekend off and feel absolutely awful today - I have eaten and drank anything that has been put in front and then some.... so glad to have my Cappuchino shake this morning !!

Have a great day everyone
T
x

jabba well done on reisting temptation at the weekend, you deserve to do well this week xxxx

Thanks a lot. It was a tough situation, but I am so proud of myself for resisting. I'm also trying to re-educate myself on food, so it is applying to my family too! I did pasta tonight and the first thing my son said was 'Where is my garlic bread mummy?'. I told him that from now on we won't be having pasta with bread because it is too many carbs. Probs went over his head bless him (only 6!) but I am determined to change everything about our eating habits as a whole. I do tend to cook most things from scratch so our meals have always been pretty healthy, but my downfall is the snacking between meals and portion sizes. I also need to get out of the 'must clear the plate' thing - hard tho cos in my childhood if we ever left anything we were constantly reminded how lucky we were to have food when the starving kids in Africa had nothing. I can remember telling my mum to send my food to them then. Got a slap for that ;)

Anyways, 19 whole days of no food. Yay me. My colleagues are mostly being supportive and are asking lots of questions about the plan. Even the one who kept offering me things has quit doing it now! I do think it really helps being supported.

I'm loving the looseness of my clothes. I had one of my 'XL' work shirts on today rather than the 'XXL' I have been wearing for months. I am hoping for a decent loss this week as 'only' lost 3lbs last week. But I suppose any loss is a loss and it's going in the right direction.

Anyway, hoping everyone else is having a good 100% time XXXX

'only' 3 lbs? That's brill! The problem with this diet is you can start to expect too much of yourself. 3lbs is great.... I do know how you feel though. My week one loss of 5lbs made me a bit disappointed as I'd convinced myself I would loose more. From now on I'm going to try and aim for 3lb a week and see anything else as a bonus!

Or at least I'll try to!

Well done everyone for resisting temptation. My husband and son have just had sausages and potato wedges for tea and (even though they ate in another room) the smell is driving me crazy! I'd already escaped the smell of curry at my mum's!

It will all be worth it though. It really will. (She says trying to convince herself!!!!)

Hi jan, I know what you mean about the clearing your plate thing...that was done to us as kids too and we were made to feel guilty if we didnt...I always wonder has that contributed to the large appetite I have now........hubby will only eat til hes full and he's v slim..his mum never made them clear the plate so you would wonder. Well done on trying to change eating habits of family, I think I will follow your lead and start to do the same xx

'Day 20 in the big Janny house.........'

Lol. Well, today....! Exciting news, that New York trip......it's done and dusted, all sorted out, I will be heading to the Big Apple for a week over Christmas (and my 10th wedding anniversary!). I am so thrilled I might just burst!
Had a great 100% day again. 20 whole days with nothing other than my CD stuff. I am really pleased with myself. I got my next 4 week's worth of stuff through today, including some bars and strawberry tetras. I might 'treat' myself to a bar tomorrow. I ordered 10 to tide me over our trip back to the UK, but I'll only be needing 7 for that. If I have lost 4lbs I will have one...if not, it'll be a strawberry tetra lol! Oh I am harsh aren't I?
I know it is stupid, but I cant help but feel a little disappointed with my losses so far, especially as I genuinely have stuck to it rigidly. Seeing in people's tickers that they have lost 5+lbs each week is so inspirational, I just wish I could do it - heaven only knows why I can't. I know we are all unique etc and my rational side says that the slower it comes off the better chance it has to stay off etc, but my little irrational voice can be hard to shut up at times!

Anyways, I have been sooooooooooooo cold today, my fingers are constantly freezing, brrrrr. It's funny cos I am well known amongst my friends and colleagues for my 'hot flushes' so to see me bundled up in fleeces and complaining about being cold is a first for them!

Off to treat myself to a nice bubbly bath. I do so love my 'Lush' products, very indulgent. Oh talking of indulgences, I had to put a little pic of a certain hot young man as my avatar. Mmmmmmm, lustful thoughts ahoy ;)

Random waffling - over and out :)

5lbs off for me this morning, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D Really pleased with that. I have lost 18lbs in 3 weeks and gone through 3 different stone brackets. Dead chuffed.

Thanks gals xx

Not much going on really. Work was pretty pants today and I did have a few cross words with both my manager and her deputy. Oops! Still, better out than in!

I had to sit down for a minute earlier as I had a dizzy spell. It soon passed though. I am not sleeping very well so I guess it's all to do with that. Went to my friend's this afternoon and had a good chat, she is pleased with my progress even tho she is not convinced by the diet. Still, she knows better than to judge me or pass comment so that's good.

Tomorrow evening I will face my first social challenge. I am a bit wary to be honest, I am looking for excuses to get out of it but I haven't managed to find one yet! Still time tho ;) It's a 'pub night' and there will be a buffet there. I guess I'll just have to stay well away from it and say I have already eaten or something. I can get away with drinking water fine. Then on Tuesday evening we have a formal evening with a visiting royal family member, eeeeek. I was told yesterday that ladies are to wear cocktail dresses :( Totally not my scene at all. I am a jeans/hoody/adidas trainers type of gal! Ah well, I suppose I will put up with it for the sake of my hubby!

The 5 (yes 5!!) New York guidebooks I ordered arrived today so hubby and I are poring over them, Typically unthinking, he keeps reading out food references - biggest Mcdonalds, restaurants near our hotel, etc etc.....STOP IT MANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Anyway, I will naff off now. My tummy is loudly protesting at the delicious aroma of garlic still loitering from hubby and son's tea. So guzzling water and thinking of my choc mint shake.

Hi Jan, you're doing so well and you should go to these events feeling confident because you are 18lbs lighter than 3 weeks ago...go you!!!!

So, what's new?

Well, I survived last night's social occasion! We were told there would be a buffet there but by some stroke of pure genius, it never appeared, yay! Luckily I had told hubby to have a couple of rolls before we went just incase the food was dire, so he was pleased with his clever wifey ;)
I had 3 pints of iced water, lucky ole me! Spent a considerable time nipping to the ladies to let some of it out too! It was a nice evening and I was able to confide in one of my friends about the diet - she was brilliantly supportive which was great! It's quite funny being the only sober person in a room full of drunken folk!! I'm glad we left when we did as the karaoke attempts were getting worse as the evening moved on!
Also, found out yesterday that we don't have to go to the function on Tuesday evening, so no cocktail dress, yay me! Very pleased with that. Hubby is gonna go and watch some 'man' film (Invictus I think, about rugby) at the cinema so I *might* have to watch my New Moon DVD, assuming it arrives!

I have a dreadful sore throat, my left tonsil has spots on it, and I am pretty sure I ought to go to the doctors, but I am worried that I will have to eat to take antibiotics - anyone know anything about that? It doesn't hurt much when I talk and I am not croaky, but when I swallow it feels like there is a golf ball covered in razor blades in the way :( Not nice.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Doing some chores this morning and got to pick son up at some point from my friend's, then this evening I am popping round to a friends to watch her kids whilst she goes to collect her brother from the airport. I have a fair bit of 'work' to do so gonna take it with me and get it done then. Hopefully I'll get it finished and then tomorrow we can have a nice chilled family day.

Feeling ok regarding the diet at the mo. Trying hard to get my head round some of my food issues, some of it seems to be working. So keeping fingers crossed. trying to glug lots of water but the razor covered golf ball in my throat is making it decidedly painful. Might try using a straw and see if that helps.

Right, chores will not get done if I talk nonsense on forums, hope everyone is having a good CD time at the mo, catch you all later xxx

Hi Jan, def go to doc to see if u need a/b cos if you dont, it could get worse. Not sure about eating and a/b but maybe speak to your CD? You could maybe do 810 for a few days to allow you to eat but stay on track. Feel better soon x

Thanks for your messages. Thankfully the tonsillitis seems to have peaked through Sunday and yesterday and I am feeling a million times better today, Don't get me wrong, it still hurts but bearable not sheer agony, and I have some energy back, yay!
I had a pretty poor day all round yesterday (see seperate post on that one), but I still stuck to the diet because I made myself that promise! I will admit quite freely tho that if someone had turned up on my doorstep with a pizza I would have eaten it. Luckily they didn't! Life goes on!

So what's new in my journey? Well, I can now wear my engagement ring and wedding ring together. Not been able to wear my engagement ring for months and months, and sometimes have to take wedding ring off too with water retention (esp in heat) but now they are both on and slip and slide merrily around. Not too loose that they will fall off, but comfortably so.

I didn't have my Sunday morning trying on session due to feeling rough and staying in my jammies all day :eek: so this evening I had a little try on. The good news is that I can now wear all of the size 20's that I haven't been able to for a while. I've literally been living in 2 pairs of jeans, but now I have 4 pairs of jeans and numerous combats/trousers to choose from. The EXCELLENT news is that I can get my size 18 next and Asda jeans on AND done up - however, they require some wriggling and have a 'legging' type cling to my bum/thighs!! A little too indecent to be seen in public as yet, but I reckon another 10lbs or so will see me in them happily.

It would appear that all of my colleagues know of my diet now, I only told a couple, those who 'needed' to know, yet I guess word spreads, especially in a small team such as mine. Anyway, today, 3 of my colleagues who I do not directly work with all crowded round me and were all 'wow' and 'oh my goodness' so I was pretty thrilled! I can definitely see in my face that I have lost weight, and i have lost a chin too!! But according to others my bum and thighs have noticably shrunk! Yay me :D

I find it really hard to accept compliments and always wonder of the sincerity behind them, but this seemed very genuine and was the spur I needed after such a lousy few days.

The weather here in Germany was beautiful today, so I surprised my son with a lovely walk to a local lake with play area etc. I guess it was a 2 mile or so round trip, the dog came too so we all had a good bit of exercise. And guess what? I didn't even need a wee! For 2 whole hours I managed to stay wee free :p

Tomorrow is my 4th weigh in. I am hoping for a loss of 4lbs, but I am due on this weekend so not too optimistic of that! I'll let you know in the morning how it goes! Am amazed at my restraint with the scales, seeing as I have to do my weigh in's myself (CDC 2 hours away!). I guess I learnt a lot last time with my on-off-on-off scale hopping.

So, goodnight for now and thanks again for your continued support with my weird and wonderful wafflings xxx

Back