day 2 weigh in : (

maddy1

morning everyone, had my 2nd weigh in today on the dukan attack phase, and i stayed the same weight, is this normal, felt a bit deflated if im honest because ive stuck to it 100 %

any help would be great thank you .xx

I cant remember if this happened to me on attack. Stick with it - it will work. I have days where I stay the same and it can be deflating but the days you do lose (and have big losses!) will spur you on.

thank you ladies
that has made me feel better, really enjoying it so far, so will stick with it
thankyou for the replies

Jane .xx

Last edited:
It's normal. Unless you have scales that show even the slightest movement (which I do now!) then sts is quite normal. I just had a look back at my diary and I lost 2lbs in my 3 day attack but went on to loose 5lbs in total for the first week.

thank you poppy that has definitely made me happy knowing im not alone ...i just want it all to happen ha ha, dont we all , will see what happens in the morning

going to start cruise on friday , so im hoping a for a good loss before i start that as i know i might put on when i do that for the first day .x

Don't worry Maddy - Dukan works! Try not to get hung up on day to day losses - perhaps trend by week or by month. That way your loss is more likely to be fat lost and not just fluctuations due to salt, hormones etc. I'm in the run up to TOTM at the mo and wouldn't dream of weighing until it's over as I know that the extra water weight would depress me. In no time at all, we'll be congratulating you when you lose piles of pounds and reach all kinds of mini goals! :)Xx

thank you laussane
that made me smile, and your right you should really take it week by week , rather than day to today, because as we all know womens bodies are funny things up and down weight like a yo yo .

thank you .xx

I had the same problem on my first week Lausanne, I was reading all of these comments on how people lost what seemed like LOADS of weight to me and I'd weigh every day and see no change but by the end of week 1 I had lost 6lbs! So hang in there for your first week and take your weight then...Also make sure you're eating the best kinds of protein, don't forget your oatbran and drink shedloads of water x Can't wait to see you on here proclaiming that actually you've lost Xlbs!!! :) x

Maddy, you also have relatively little to lose, so your weight loss will be slower than others.
Good luck!

Maddy1, I felt the same as you this morning, down in the dumps 'cos i'd only lost another 1.3lbs. I was expecting some huge figure but as others have said if we haven't got much to lose we shouldn't expect big numbers.

I'm still gonna weigh myself every day but try and see the loss as a weekly amount (if that makes sense)

Don't give up - give it a chance and i'm sure the magic will happen xx

I was the same to! no loss. I dont have digital scales so its kinda hard to see! I feel great today though, was up and out walking at 9 dashing up the road. My tummy feel flatter than it has in ages and I'm only on day 3 of attack! I cant wait for the end of the week!

As they all said... and are you posting menus? (near TOTM? "transit" ok? eating too much salt? all these things can also affect our weight loss!)

i think im going to start a diary on here maintainer, then if i have any issues etc it will be easier for people to advise me wont it .x

Diary would be good... but also post your menus in the menu thread each day as we don't always have time to get through all the diaries each day, but someone experienced always checks the menus.

Hi everyone, I'm new too. Started attack on Monday, and I haven't lost anything so far :( I know I made a couple of errors. On day 1, I ate a non-fat yoghurt with fruit bits because I misunderstood what was allowed on attack. I also bought some lean beef mince that turned out not to be as lean as I was hoping when I got it home - 12%. I made it into burgers with one egg white, and I grilled them to death in the hope enough fat would run off in the cooking process. And yesterday, I ate some sashimi and forgot not to eat the soy sauce with it. I've had:

Day 1
Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs
Lunch - non fat cottage cheese, packet of ready cooked prawns
Dinner - oat bran gallette, 2 home made burgers (approx. 100g meat each), dukan mayo, non fat fruit yoghurt

Day 2
Breakfast - half an oat bran gallette, slice of smoked salmon, poached egg
Lunch - other half of galette, 1 burger, slice of smoked salmon, dukan mayo
Snack - 1 burger
Dinner - Sashimi (with soy sauce), 1 total 0% greek yoghurt

Day 3
Breakfast - half an oat bran gallette, tinned sardines in brine
Lunch - half a gallette, steamed chicken breast, hard boiled egg, dukan mayo, muller light vanilla
Snack - 1 burger
Dinner - egg white omelette (2 eggs) with smoked salmon and prawns.

Are the mistakes I made big enough to stop the diet working? I've also been drinking plenty of water, 1 can of diet coke per day, one cup of tea with skimmed milk and one pret a manger filter coffee with skimmed milk per day. And I've walked enough, and also swam for half an hour yesterday.

Any ideas what I can do to start the weightloss? Have I missed something important?

Back