Day 3 and struggling

Hi,
I'm now on Day 3 of CD SS. Yesterday I had the headache from hell, dizziness and nausea.

Today the headache has gone but the hunger pains....OMG...the hunger pains!!! I'm almost doubled over with them, it hurts so bad :cry: My mum called over earlier and was shocked at how ill I look. But I've resisted temptation. I did LL 2 years ago and lost 4 stone so I know it works, but I swear I don't remember feeling this ill.

I really want to stick to this because I need to lose the weight, I'm so miserable.
I weighed 17st 12lbs at my first weigh in and nearly fainted!!!

I'm drinking plenty of fluids so I know its not that.

Has anyone got any tips or anything? Please, I'm desperate!!!

Jackie

just stick with it! have some water! I am on day 6 -- and still sometimes wanting to eat -- but just keep telling myself:

PROTECT UR KETONES, ITS NOT WORTH A PIECE OF WHATEVER, JUST TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!

hope this helps! day 4 for u is just a few hours away!!!!!!!!!!

You've come this far and ketosis will soon be with you, hang in there babe it will start to get easier xxxx

hi jackie! you are doing great dont give in! i felt just the same but by day 4 it started getin better! get the first week over and you've won, keep glugin that water and you will be ok! keep postin on here and you will get all the support you need!:):) hope you feel better 2moro good luck!.xx;)

Hi Jackie,

I started at exactly the same weight as you and am now on day 4 of SS. I know exactly how you feel hun, I felt the same yesterday.

I can only tell you what worked for me - to split my vanilla pack into 3 and have it at regular intervals to whiten my coffee, little and often seemed to lessen the pangs... and then a bath and an early night.

You should feel proud of yourself for getting this far and not giving in to temptation.

Hope you feel better tomorrow

hi jackie! you are doing great dont give in! i felt just the same but by day 4 it started getin better! get the first week over and you've won, keep glugin that water and you will be ok! keep postin on here and you will get all the support you need!:):) hope you feel better 2moro good luck!.xx;)

Thanks smurf :)

I'm really trying to stay positive. This site is great isn't it :)

Hi Jackie,

I started at exactly the same weight as you and am now on day 4 of SS. I know exactly how you feel hun, I felt the same yesterday.

I can only tell you what worked for me - to split my vanilla pack into 3 and have it at regular intervals to whiten my coffee, little and often seemed to lessen the pangs... and then a bath and an early night.

You should feel proud of yourself for getting this far and not giving in to temptation.

Hope you feel better tomorrow

Thanks Vicky, good advice :)
Nice to know your coping ok with it on day 4, gives me hope :)

6L of water is a lot, maybe you are drinking too much for your body?
Perhaps try reducing it a bit down to 3-4 maybe?
I read somewhere that if you drink too much that can make you feel awful, the minimum amount is 2.25L so I would definately try a bit less for a day or so and see if you feel any better.

Hi MR2,
I too read recently about the dangers of drinking too much water!
I know flluids are advocated big time on here and I don't want to be shot in flames, but it really does depend on our bodies.
Drinking too much water can dilute potassium and sodium, a lack of both can make you feel awful and could be dangerous.
I know many people dink a lot of water but mostly they build up to that volume over a period of time, allowing their bodies to adjust.
I too would lower that volume for a few days to see if it makes any differnece. I drink 3-3.5 litres a day and even that is a struggle for me. I sip it thoughout the day.
As for your hunger pains, I read on here somewhere about two sorts of hunger stomach hunger and head hunger, and it was the first time I really realied how much my head had been telling me i'm hungry.
My tummy often rumbles but usually after I have had a shake... it tells me my body i working on what I have given it.
This diet IS hard, but the rewards are very worthwhile.
Keep up the good work, you will soon be in ketosis and will feel much better.
x

Hi Jackie,

How are you feeling today?

Hi Jackie,

How are you feeling today?

Hi Vicki

I'm feeling so much better today, I think I've kicked into ketosis :D Plus I started my period last night so that evidently wasn't helping.
Today is a new day and to be honest, without you guys on here being so supportive I reckon I would have folded yesterday.

So thank you 1 and all :D

6L of water is a lot, maybe you are drinking too much for your body?
Perhaps try reducing it a bit down to 3-4 maybe?
I read somewhere that if you drink too much that can make you feel awful, the minimum amount is 2.25L so I would definately try a bit less for a day or so and see if you feel any better.

I've cut back a bit on the water, but I was always a water drinker anyway so its not really been bothering me.
Feeling much better today :D

Hi MR2,
I too read recently about the dangers of drinking too much water!
I know flluids are advocated big time on here and I don't want to be shot in flames, but it really does depend on our bodies.
Drinking too much water can dilute potassium and sodium, a lack of both can make you feel awful and could be dangerous.
I know many people dink a lot of water but mostly they build up to that volume over a period of time, allowing their bodies to adjust.
I too would lower that volume for a few days to see if it makes any differnece. I drink 3-3.5 litres a day and even that is a struggle for me. I sip it thoughout the day.
As for your hunger pains, I read on here somewhere about two sorts of hunger stomach hunger and head hunger, and it was the first time I really realied how much my head had been telling me i'm hungry.
My tummy often rumbles but usually after I have had a shake... it tells me my body i working on what I have given it.
This diet IS hard, but the rewards are very worthwhile.
Keep up the good work, you will soon be in ketosis and will feel much better.
x

Thanks Tilly :)
I'm feeling much better today, I think I kicked into ketosis and I started my period, which explains a lot.
Feeling very positive today :D

Really pleased to hear you are feeling much better Jackie.

What a fab site

Kat

Hi Jackie,

I'm feeling great today thx... bouncing off the walls if anything, I just seem to have so much energy. I don't know if it's ketosis kicking in fully or a psychological boost from the scales this morning, but who cares, long may it continue. My first WI is Tuesday after work, so fingers crossed I'm going to be in the 16's rather than the 17's by then :D When do you WI?

This is spooky, I started my TOTM yesterday and that's when I felt better. I usually suffer really badly with cramps, but I've noticed that it doesn't seem quite as bad today.

I'm really glad you're feeling better, it honestly does get easier. I don't know about you, but I think we should give ourselves a big pat on the back for managing to get this far given the added hurdle of TOTM (I always crave carbs), and not turning to food the minute we felt rubbish. :girlpower:
Take care

Hi Vicki :)

Great to hear your doing so well :D

My WI is wednesday at 5:30pm :eek: I'm really hoping I have a big loss to keep me motivated.

My cramps aren't too bad to be honest thankfully LOL

Yes we deserve a very big pat on the back I reckon, keep up the good work :D

Back