Day 3 - does this count as cheating? & why the dry mouth & throat?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by miniwanabe, 12 June 2008 Social URL.

1. miniwanabe

miniwanabe Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi guys,

I finally took the plunge and started the diet on Tuesday. The first day wasn’t so bad, I didn’t really feel very hungry and I was very excited about starting.
    :sigh:
    Day 2 (yesterday) was a little more complicated – I was hungry but stuck to the packs all day – then in the evening I went to see my boyfriend (to try to sort out relationship issues) but didn’t have any packs with me & I was feeling very weak (it was about 10pm and my last pack had been at lunch time.) so I ate half a plain beef burger and a microwaved egg. When I got home I went straight to bed and didn’t have my 3rd pack. – is that really bad?

Also… since yesterday I have had a really dry mouth! I drank 3 litres of water but my mouth and now my throat are so dry and my thoat is realy scratchy and sore… has anyone else experienced this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ScrummyMummy

ScrummyMummy Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hey!
    I started yesterday and didn't find it too bad, but today my stomach won't stop rumbling!! I too have got such a dry mouth, I don't understand why though, I've never drank so much water in my life! Just keep necking the water n we'll see how things go :p xx xx

4. abz

abz Gold Member

i'm the same. feel like my mouth is dry and my tongue is furry!!

abz xx

5. bikini

bikini Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    hi,
    i've been pretty much the same, really dry mouth and im drinking 4ltrs + a day...... i think it may have something to do with ketosis maybe???? got my first weigh in tonight!!! can't believe ive actually survived the first week with no cheating!

6. miniwanabe

miniwanabe Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I almost had a strepsil to try to make my throat feel better, but that wouldnt be allowed would it?

7. bikini

bikini Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    im not sure...personally i wouldn't...i had a tickly cough l.nite and i was too scared to have any cough mixture incase it interfered with the diet! but if its really sore then do so!

8. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Maybe you could try a salt water gargle? A gargle made from Apple Cider Vinegar is also supposed to be very effective. Hope your throat feels better soon x

9. skinnymamu

skinnymamu Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I had a very sore throat when i started last week, i gargalled(?) salt water and this did help.
    The thirstiness and furry tounge is showing you are in ketosis. I felt this all last week but not this week I am not sure why, I hope I still have a good loss :(

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

gargle some aisprin :) that helped me alot

11. abz

abz Gold Member

surely i can't be in ketosis when i started yesterday!!

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.