Day 3 - does this count as cheating? & why the dry mouth & throat?

Hi guys,

I finally took the plunge and started the diet on Tuesday. The first day wasn’t so bad, I didn’t really feel very hungry and I was very excited about starting.
:sigh:
Day 2 (yesterday) was a little more complicated – I was hungry but stuck to the packs all day – then in the evening I went to see my boyfriend (to try to sort out relationship issues) but didn’t have any packs with me & I was feeling very weak (it was about 10pm and my last pack had been at lunch time.) so I ate half a plain beef burger and a microwaved egg. When I got home I went straight to bed and didn’t have my 3rd pack. – is that really bad?

Also… since yesterday I have had a really dry mouth! I drank 3 litres of water but my mouth and now my throat are so dry and my thoat is realy scratchy and sore… has anyone else experienced this?

Hey!
I started yesterday and didn't find it too bad, but today my stomach won't stop rumbling!! I too have got such a dry mouth, I don't understand why though, I've never drank so much water in my life! Just keep necking the water n we'll see how things go :p xx xx

hi,
i've been pretty much the same, really dry mouth and im drinking 4ltrs + a day...... i think it may have something to do with ketosis maybe???? got my first weigh in tonight!!! can't believe ive actually survived the first week with no cheating!

I almost had a strepsil to try to make my throat feel better, but that wouldnt be allowed would it?

im not sure...personally i wouldn't...i had a tickly cough l.nite and i was too scared to have any cough mixture incase it interfered with the diet! but if its really sore then do so!

Maybe you could try a salt water gargle? A gargle made from Apple Cider Vinegar is also supposed to be very effective. Hope your throat feels better soon x

I had a very sore throat when i started last week, i gargalled(?) salt water and this did help.
The thirstiness and furry tounge is showing you are in ketosis. I felt this all last week but not this week I am not sure why, I hope I still have a good loss :(

Back