Attack Day 3 - no weight loss

Hello,

I'm on day 3 of the Attack phase and am disappointed to see no weight loss yet. I don't normally weigh everyday, but it suggests in the book to weigh frequently, and seeing as it advises that weight loss from a 3 day attack phase could be 3lbs, I had hoped I would lose some, especially considering I easily have 4 stones to lose.

I've been eating as follows:
Monday
B: boiled egg with 2 seafood sticks
L: 3 slices lean ham with non-fat cottage cheese
D: Turkey breast marinated in spices, cooked with onion, garlic and non-fat yoghurt
Galette

Tuesday
B: Galette with smoked salmon
L: Chicken tikka pieces
D: Pollock cooked in non-fat yoghurt with spices

Wednesday
B: Galette with smoked makerel and quark
L: 4 seafood sticks with 2 pieces lean ham

And I'm definitely getting my 1.5L water and 20 minutes brisk walking.

Any idea why I'm not getting anywhere? :sigh:

I would lay off the crab sticks as they are known for making people stall. Further, you don't seem to eat a lot, you can eat all you want from the 72 list but 3 slices of ham with some cottage cheese isn't a big lunch. Maybe up your food a bit? Further, you need to drink a minimum of 2L of water. Good luck

Hi Mirjam, thanks for your reply :)

I am drinking approximately 2.5L water, I just wrote over 1.5L as that is what it said in the part of the book I read last night.

I dont really get chance to eat much at lunch time, but I wasn't hungry after my 3 (large) slices of ham and lots of cottage cheese :D I had a big dinner to make up for it, and couldn't have eaten any more!

Will lay off the seafood sticks once they're all gone (2 left!) I thought they'd be OK since I'm only averaging 2 a day, but something is stopping me from losing even an ounce so I'm willing to give it a go! Doing it at the same time as my OH, who has eaten the same things, but has horrible bad breath (ketosis?) and has lost 4 pounds! *grumbles*

Men are always known to lose weight faster than us women :sigh:
Bad breath might be the first sign of your oh to be in ketosis, ask him if his wee smells a bit sweet as well. If that's the case, he's in ketosis.

Relax, mine didn't show up until the 5th day! Stick with it x

Your menus have a high level of salted, cured and smoked meat and fish. Salt and smoke both cause water retention, and as most of the weight lost in attack is water might be causing the problem.

So try replacing the fishsticks, smoked fish and ham with fresh alternatives.

So

no seafood sticks
no ham
no smoked salmon
no smoked mackerel and quark

Back