Day 31 and I Ate

charley24

Silver Member
Not as bad as it sounds, basically I have been in bed since yesterday afternoon, I have had diahorrea. (Sorry may be a bit graphic).

Never had something this bad, stomach pains like labour, about 3/4 mins only between toilet visits, last night over 30 visits alone. Soiled myself 3 times (luckily in bed at the time as I wouldn't dare leave the house).

It is now 3.35 and more than 24 hours later. I am still in a little pain still going but now down to about twice per hour, my bottom area is on fire and I keep going in bath.

I feel dreadful and made a soup at lunchtime which made me gag, so I reached for a tub of 250g virtually fat free cottage cheese (3g carb per 100g) and had this instead.

Since then things have improved.

I seriously felt so unwell I was ready to faint, and only ate it as my body needed something more solid.

Can I seek forgiveness from my fellow 100%'s please ?

And the reason for the diahorrea ? Taking too many senokot tablets, I have been taking 2 a day s I thought they would keep me regular after I was constipated, but have leant I may have made my bowel lazy............either that or I have picked up a horrid bug.

Have I damaged my hard work?

Awww bless you. I hope you are feeling much better now.

I don't think there would be any damage done chick.

You could think of it as a SS+ meal, and anyway it souds like your body needed it.

Hugz to you.

xxxxx

Oh Miss Scoffalot I hope so, I feel a little naughty, but I think I felt so poorly, honestly, sorry for being so graphic but it's horrid. I am feeling much better now, still having a bit of stomach cramping but no where near as bad, I was crying last night due to the toilet visits.

If you hadn't said about the laxatives and weren't on cd I'd have said that it sounds like food poisoning. I had campylobacter last year from undercooked chicken and thats exactly how I was for 4 days.

You poor thing, I really feel for you. Don't worry about it and treat it as a ss+ meal. Don't beat yourself up either, you've needed the sustinenance. I'm sure you'll show a fab loss this week though, lol

Stay away from the senekot too! :p

I hope you're okay now. Laxatives have different effects on different people. I took a Ducolax tablet about a month ago and had this experience. The packet said take 1-2 tablets for gentle relief. Having only taken 1 I expected very gentle, but I woke up actually 'going' in bed - not a fun experience!

Don't beat yourself up - you are not well (whatever the cause) and you need to have whatever you need in order to help yourself recover. Were it me I'd not be too fussed at coming 'off plan' when clearly so violently ill. I've had something like you describe - unfortunately in a hotel room in Amsterdam - really, really, unpleasant.

Keep drinking water, it will help, but little sips. You could try fizzy water left to go flat or even flat diet coke, really helps with d&v.

Last time I did this I had flu and desperately needed proper sustenance - rang my CDC who said something like 'for gods sake girl this is just a diet, you're ill, your health more important, if you need a poached egg on toast then go for it'

so I say really panic not, and hope you feel better soon.

Awww hon big hugs !!
The senekot will definately be the answer.. How long have you been taken them for? I have only ever used them twice and both times they worked.!!
Hope your feeling much better now and theres nothing wrong with the cottage cheese hon its on ss+ menu anyway. so well done for going for a healthy option.
xxx

Hi ladies thanks so much as usual your support means so much.

I took the senokot on about day 5 of the diet, and to be honest have had 2 most days cince, so quite a lot. I have definately learned a lesson, I am still having pains about every hour but have only been to the loo about 4 times since 3pm so I am on the mend.

Toast and Poached egg sounds lovely by the way ! I think I am fine, now, finding it hard to get the water down today tho, but will keep trying.

At least I ate something on the SS+ menu, rather than toast which was what I fancied (buttered toast always seems to help when your feeling poorly I think).

Going to have an early night and I should be fine tomorrow I hope !

Thanks so Much xxx

Oh dear, poor you!

How long have you been on the senna tablets for? It's just that your original post sounds like you've been on them for a while. If so, it seems to me that you've picked up a bug. Did you have a temperature or any shivers/chills?

I'd agree with the other posts - make sure you're keeping hydrated. I'd perhaps try to have some of the lactose free shakes and soups as lactose can stir up tummy troubles (especially if they're associated with a bug). And if things haven't resolved in couple of days, see your GP.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon.

Lisa xx

I seem to be much better this morning ! And haven't been to the loo yet - hooray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

Glad you're feeling much better!

I still reckon it sounded like a bug as you'd been on the senna for two weeks and most diarrhoea type things associated with it happen in the first few days. But just in case, if you feel that you need it in the future, you could always try senna liquid as then you could try a reduced dose. :)

Good luck with getting back on SS 1 although I think that what you ate doesn't really amount to coming of it!

Lisa xx

So glad your feeling better!

Back