Day 6. Had a great loss but ready to give up!

Hi
I weighed in today, 2 days earlier but thought it might help my struggling and am shocked and delighted to report that I have lost 10 pounds since Tuesday! Was a mega shock to see so much and I know it should have speared me on but it hasn't?!

I want to eat... healthily but I miss food... Exante is so hardcore and I have struggled since my first shake (not good for only day 6) and am thinking of going back to weight watchers...... but am worried if i eat those 10 pounds will go back on?

Anyone else feeling like this or is it just me failing AGAIN... xxx :(:(:confused::confused:

Hi Sarah, you are not failing at all!! just think about your end goal and where you want to be. IT DOES GET EASIER!! I promise!! do you think you are in ketosis yet??? i do still feel the urge to eat now and again but am not hungry. i think thats part of what this journey is about for me.... to stop eating for other reasons other than being hungry. what about having a small chicken salad instead of coming of the diet. i have on the odd day if i am feeling that desperate and has really helped me get through it!! Goodluck on whatever you decide but you will always find support on here if needed!!speak soon xx

Hi hun
Well I have managed to stay on track today (god knwos how), am I in ketosis? How would I know? Don't feel weak or tired at all now but still got very nasty breath! Would having a small bit of chicken affect my weight loss? I really don't want this to be another fail but I really don't enjoy it :(

Your on total solutions aren't you? xx

Chicken won't hurt because it counts at Ketogenic food and therefore won't take you out of ketosis. If you are going to have chicken try to avoid breast. Legs and wings are better in terms of Ketosis.

Be very careful with salads, not all greens are Ketogenic.

Hi Kevin
I only have chicken breasts here, couldn't eat wings or legs without not eating the skin! lol
Chicken doesn't take you out of ketosis?

Shame I bought skinless!! lol - just going to pop one on the george foreman now.... will I gain weight eating it?
x

SUPERB! One is on the george as we speak... OMG going to be great to eat something.... how have you been today? Have you eaten anything outside of the shakes/ bars/ soups since you started?
x

Had a tin of tuna last night and a 30g block of cheddar today. I'm only doing the shakes so desperately craving something to chew!!

So are you doing the working solutions plan then as opposed to total? I just had my chicken breast and too be honest it made me feel hungrier!! Bloody typical....

Have you tried the bars/ soups.... The porridge is actually really nice

Know the feeling about wanting something to chew.... I have started eating ice cubes!!

xx

No, doing total but just have needed a boost the last couple of days. It's better to add than stop!!

I have had the bars before, find them chalky.

Hate the soups!!

Might have to try the porridge. X

Yeah I find the bars very powdery but edible... just.... I know what you mean about the soups, I had to force the tomato and basil down this evening....

Porridge is scrummy... reminds me of ready brek... funny thing is I don't like ready break normally!

I think I might switch to working as I feel I need to eat....

xx

Hi Sarah glad you have stuck in there :) below is a list of foods that you can eat in moderation to keep in ketosis. i hope this helps!! you are in ketosis if you are no longer feeling hungry and have bad breath!! (lovely) so should get a bit easier for you. i am on total solutions but yesterday and today had a bit of meat :/ but better that than fall completely off the wagon!! think its the weekends that are harder!! Kevin, why are legs and wings better than breast?? oops i have been eating chicken breast thinking it was better?? be grateful if you could let me know!

http://www.minimins.com/exante-recipes/188712-helpful-list-ketogenic-foods.html

I agree the porridge is good :) x

Hi Muffin!
Yeah the nasty breath is rank! Hating not being able to use breath spray/ mouthwash :(
Thanks for the link - will check it out ..... think its better to have meat... thats why I had the chicken breast... better than my cheese sandwich craving! lol
xx

Do what you need to do Sarah, it's better to do something rather than nothing. Just remember it won't be as quick on WS.

Personally, I'd give it a few more days if you can. Let Ketosis kick in. X

You can use listerine original mouthwash and breath freshner sprays apparently!! x

Yeah am going to try and continue on total Kev but if get desperate have something like chicken... x

Muffin - breath sprays? Really? I thought they weren't allowed xxx

Hey Muffin,

Not entirely sure but believe breasts are generally more fatty and contain Carbs(fat). They're still Ketogenic and won't do you any harm...just not as "clean" as wings/legs.

Back