Day at a time..

blondcarrot

Ooops, I'm new here and posted this in the generic diary section but really I'd like to be here as I'm on the CD - sorry

I'm 5'9 and started at 14'6 stone. I'd like to get to 10'7.

It's my 3rd day and so far I've found it to be ok. I eat 4 meals a day and have stuck to that. I'm intending to keep at that too so hope I wont give in or feel too hungry.
Watching telly last night was hard tho as it featured food! Need to be careful about which programmes to watch lol. I live alone so thankfully have no one around tempting me.

I'd love to hear from people with similar stats to understand their journeys so far so I get an idea of what losses to expect per week.

First goal, the trouser that are too tight but which I cam squeeze into to feel loose and comfortable....

BCx

Morning y'all

5th day and so far I've been good - no bad days so I've been lucky. This day however will be a difficult one. I'm going to a jubilee party and there'll be everything from bacon sarnies to champagne - even worse it'll be outside and I won't be near my kitchen so think I won't be able to have any meals for most of the day. Reckon because I've actually felt full I've been ok. Will have to drink LOTS of water. Already dreading having to use the public facilities! Lol.

My mum is also arriving this morning (yay) so there'll be food around me. So far I've had it easy as I've not had friends & family around to tempt me.

I find that I much prefer the shakes to the soups and porridge. I've only got the mango one as I liked it so much when I saw the councillor the first time :) could I just use shakes? What do you guys use? what's your favourite flavours? I want to buy more variety next...

Happy Jubilee.

blondcarrot said:
Morning y'all

5th day and so far I've been good - no bad days so I've been lucky. This day however will be a difficult one. I'm going to a jubilee party and there'll be everything from bacon sarnies to champagne - even worse it'll be outside and I won't be near my kitchen so think I won't be able to have any meals for most of the day. Reckon because I've actually felt full I've been ok. Will have to drink LOTS of water. Already dreading having to use the public facilities! Lol.

My mum is also arriving this morning (yay) so there'll be food around me. So far I've had it easy as I've not had friends & family around to tempt me.

I find that I much prefer the shakes to the soups and porridge. I've only got the mango one as I liked it so much when I saw the councillor the first time :) could I just use shakes? What do you guys use? what's your favourite flavours? I want to buy more variety next...

Happy Jubilee.

Hi

Just wanted to say hi and it's great that it has been okay got u so far :) packs wise just have whatever gets u through :) I have just choc tetras and bars (mint crunch / peanut)

Hi
I like the choc shake and choc and mint shake I have them as hot chocolate . It helps coz I really miss a cup of tea. Apart from that I've only been having tomato soup or veg and mint choc bars. Might try the new mango shakes next week. Trying to stick to ones I like hoping it will make it easier to stick to. How have you found it so far?

I've tried several of the soups but not found them to be very nice. The porridge is awful! I've only tried the mango which I can highly recommend. I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow so I'll be picking up more shakes in different flavours.

Today was tough for me. I'm tall so I've got to have 4 meals a day. I'd been up at 5 and out in the cold so by 1 I'd had three meals and was starving. Everyone around me was eating too!

My consultant said to remind myself of my goal, he showed me a £1m cheque and asked if I'd do it for that. Of course I would - it'd be life changing. So should being in good health so I keep saying that to myself. Hopefully once done at least I'll look a million dollars!

Do you guys remind yourself in any particular ways about your goals?

Xxx

blondcarrot said:
Ooops, I'm new here and posted this in the generic diary section but really I'd like to be here as I'm on the CD - sorry

I'm 5'9 and started at 14'6 stone. I'd like to get to 10'7.

It's my 3rd day and so far I've found it to be ok. I eat 4 meals a day and have stuck to that. I'm intending to keep at that too so hope I wont give in or feel too hungry.
Watching telly last night was hard tho as it featured food! Need to be careful about which programmes to watch lol. I live alone so thankfully have no one around tempting me.

I'd love to hear from people with similar stats to understand their journeys so far so I get an idea of what losses to expect per week.

First goal, the trouser that are too tight but which I cam squeeze into to feel loose and comfortable....

BCx

Hi

I'm 5ft 7in and now on day 4 (Sunday) my start weight was 14st 2lbs. I'm doing SS+ and am finding it ok actually.
I've been face to face with all sorts of naughty food today.. remained a good girl! I too want to fit comfortably into clothes and feel good about my reflection rather than embarrassed! My wardrobe holds at least 5 brand new items I'm desperate to get into.. Be great to have to push them aside because they're too big soon too. Imagine that!
I'd like to be a realistic size 12.

I had a beautiful baby girl 14wks ago I'd never had issues with my weight till now . I still have a wardrobe of size 10 clothes from before being pregnant and have brought hardly any bigger clothes so my motivation is to get back into all of it again. I get so down coz I look rubbish in everything now but won't buy anything new as I'm scared I will get comfortable. I've got 3st to loose first weight in is wed fingers crossed weightloss and a wardrobe of clothes I can't wear will be enough to keep me on track .X

sarah56 said:
I had a beautiful baby girl 14wks ago I'd never had issues with my weight till now . I still have a wardrobe of size 10 clothes from before being pregnant and have brought hardly any bigger clothes so my motivation is to get back into all of it again. I get so down coz I look rubbish in everything now but won't buy anything new as I'm scared I will get comfortable. I've got 3st to loose first weight in is wed fingers crossed weightloss and a wardrobe of clothes I can't wear will be enough to keep me on track .X

Wow.. Congratulations. I have 3 children, 11,3 and 2. I'm trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight from my 3 year old. I've def got comfortable in leggings. I admire your determination to lose the weight- be kind to yourself tho. I say that with the upmost respect xxx

sarah56 said:

Congrats on the baby girl! I've got three to loose to and like you a size 10 wardrobe to look forward to. My weight gain has been associated with being unhappy - an unhappy relationship, crap time at work and a sudden problem with my hip leading to an op and no exercise. Just couldn't find the energy to do anything about job nor bf so it just got worse over time. Now in a much better place, bf and I split and I'm looking for a job. Hip is getting better too so hopefully everything will fall into place!

Day 13 and lost 6 kilos.

Finding I like the shakes the best, mango, chocolate and vanilla are best...

Hope things get better for you blonde carrot ! Maybe the weight loss will give you confidence to be happy again. I found that when I'd had a bad day with holly as a newborn I'd eat and eat I also ate a lot in the last few months of being pregnant coz I hated my independence being taken away. I've found as I loose weight I gain motivation feel better and don't want to binge as much. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want pizza or take out but I just look at my wardrobe and no when I get back in those clothes I will b happier. I lost 6lbs on my first week and 2nd week wi is tomorrow. I was told if I drank more water and hadn't had a bad day last week I would have lost more .
How have u found it so far? X

Good luck with you're journey.
I'm 5ft 7, started 15 weeks ago at 20 stone 8lb, and now i'm 16 stone 10lb. I'm doing amazingly and suprising myself everyday!
The first week is the hardest! x

xSinead said:
I'm 5ft 7, started 15 weeks ago at 20 stone 8lb, and now i'm 16 stone 10lb. I'm doing amazingly and suprising myself everyday!

Thank you you have done so well x
Think you commented on my diary how is your friend gettin on? X

My friend is finding it difficult to find a shake that she actually likes LOL.. she's not on sole source, so she's eating as well. I hope it works for her!
My partner also starts on Friday, which i'm so so excited for as we live together and it'll be great to go through this with her :) x

xSinead said:
My friend is finding it difficult to find a shake that she actually likes LOL.. she's not on sole source, so she's eating as well. I hope it works for her!
My partner also starts on Friday, which i'm so so excited for as we live together and it'll be great to go through this with her :) x

My hubby doesn't need to do it so I have to watch him eating whatever he wants which makes it hard. My Sis and her bf do it living together and find it easier to support each other . I only have the choc shake as hot choc I don't like any of the shakes as shakes :-( x

My girlfriend doesn't need to do it at all, but i think she wants to, mainly to support me, bless her :)
Aww bless, i only have the cappuccino shakes blended with ice & the peanut bars.

xSinead said:
My girlfriend doesn't need to do it at all, but i think she wants to, mainly to support me, bless her :)
Aww bless, i only have the cappuccino shakes blended with ice & the peanut bars.

That's nice I must admit I find it easier when he isn't here lol it's that totm for me and weigh in is tomorrow does it effect weigh ins? X

For some people it does yeah, hasn't affected me at all though :)

sarah56 said:
Hope things get better for you blonde carrot ! Maybe the weight loss will give you confidence to be happy again. I found that when I'd had a bad day with holly as a newborn I'd eat and eat I also ate a lot in the last few months of being pregnant coz I hated my independence being taken away. I've found as I loose weight I gain motivation feel better and don't want to binge as much. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want pizza or take out but I just look at my wardrobe and no when I get back in those clothes I will b happier. I lost 6lbs on my first week and 2nd week wi is tomorrow. I was told if I drank more water and hadn't had a bad day last week I would have lost more .
How have u found it so far? X

You are doing so well! You'll really start noticing it around 12-14 pounds, that's what I found at least. Clothes starts to feel looser - a stone is roughly a dress size for me... It's tough I imagine as a new mum - so much to do - the last thing to spend energy on is probably yourself?

Im finding it ok, living on my own so can avoid a lot of temptations by just not being near food :) next week I'm going away and will see my family, that'll be a test! They are such foodies.

So much of our eating is emotional - from unhappiness to reward to special times w friends and family. I hope the introduction of food will help me understand my actual needs and limits.

I'm going to see how many body feels when I've lost another two stones. I've been told a stone a month roughly so it's not tooooo much longer to go. I'll be in the healthy BMI range woohoo

xSinead said:

Wow Sinead that is incredible - whats your goal? Have you found it slowing down at all?

xSinead said:

That's really supportive. My colleagues are lovely and supports me. It's important I think to have someone like that around.

I really like the shakes but I do use loads of ice! Apparently a coconut one will come out soon....

Back