Step 1 Sole Source Day four... what a drag

Carlyd88

Hey everyone,

So I feel like I need to post something in here, I am on day four and it feels like such a drag! I am constantly thinking about food... I'm not hungry I just miss eating. Seems crazy that I genuinely miss food and I am jealous of people eating! Jeez I sound like such a fatty!

I am definitely feeling irritable today which isn't a nice feeling!

For all of you long term sole sourcers - does it become easier? Does anyone ever cheat? I nearly ate a cucumber yesterday and decided against it because I didn't want to undo any good work, but it seems crazy that a cucumber could stop my weight loss!

I hope everyone is doing well and thank you for any responses :) xx

I did 4 weeks of ss+ and lost a stone. then had to go to a dinner and went off the plan for 2.5 nearly 3 weeks....... that was not my intention!! I just couldn't get in the right frame of mind. ANYWAY. I had put on a few pounds and I have started again and am on day 3 now. i nearly had a mcdonald's today. i miss food too. sigh. i'm really irritable with my husband.
when id was on the plan for a month it became easier... especially as you see the pounds come off. i get good losses and i still eat a protein meal. i just had a mushroom omlette.
eating a cucumber will not take you out of ketosis at all. remember that the shakes and bars etc have carbs in each one. i think around 15-20grams of carbs. so a cucumber with no carbs wont take you out of ketosis at all. also, i drink coke zero on a daily basis. because it's sweet it helps get through the day.

I am due my weigh in on Monday so I am thinking to hold back until then and talk it all through with my consultant then. I miss fizzy drinks and I have always opted for sugar free so that would be a welcome return! I think I may just have some cucumber tonight anyway if I am feeling it again!

I think the annoying thing for me is that I am not hungry, it is just the craving of having some actual food that is making it harder so maybe sole source plus is the better option, it's not like I'm not going to loose weight having a small meal in the evenings!

Oooh the mention of a McDonalds just made my mouth water!

I have a work night out planned next week, it isn't dinner just drinks but obviously I will have to eat something if I want to drink alcohol. I am tempted to give it a miss just because I am so new to this diet and I don't want to fall at the first hurdle! If I could SS or SS+ for two months that would be ideal. I think that would put me at a comfortable weight to start incorporating more food, if I give up I know in two months time I will feel gutted, it really is only a few months of hard work and as long as I can stick to it the benefits will far outweigh these bad days that I am having!

I had such a good day yesterday so I know they do exist with this diet!

How are you finding your return?

I have been on this diet for nearly 12 weeks and have craved food all along, but I am determined not to cave in, I have had nibbles along the way bit if cheese or mini sausage and those weeks I have had small losses, so it's just not worth it, if your going to struggle, then ss+ is probably a better option for you, people still have great weight loss with it, good luck and do what best suits you :), I have coke zero on a regular basis and have the golden veg water flavour which I find really helps :)

Hiya carly and floss :) im also a returner and I did 6 weeks of ss+ before I stopped for four weeks due to being ill. I find ss+ gives me something to look forward to, as I save my small meal for the evenings when im either in work or sitting down to eat with my hubby and kids. Ive also been sipping coke zero and the berry water flavouring, its nice to have something sweet instead of just plain water all the time xx

Wow 12 weeks.... that's insane! Well done you and that gives me some serious hope for myself!

Have you got much further to go? I honestly feel an immediate uplift from you saying you have been on it for 12 weeks, such dedication... how have you handled social occasions?

I think SS+ would be a better option but right now I want to continue with just SS until I literally cannot handle it, you never know I may even get to the point where I decide to stick with just SS. Of course the first week or two are going to be hardest, I am a grazer (like a cow - says it all) and I don't need to have a meal, I am quite content with having three soups or shakes so maybe if I could have a few veggies throughout the day to graze on it would make it a bit easier.

I haven't had a weigh in yet so hopefully it will give some added inspiration for the next week!

Hi!

When you had to stop did you find that the weight piled back on or did you find it easier to make better choices as you had already done 6 weeks on SS+ (which by the way is awesome - if I can get to 6 weeks I will be over the moon!).

I am finding the water consumption fairly easy but it would definitely be a nice change to have something a bit sweeter. I was considering buying some of the water flavourings at my next weigh in but wasn't sure what they are like and whether it would be worth it?

I think it would be worth buying the flavouring. I prefer the orange but everyone's different.
I even make jelly. I use the mix a mousse with water and orange flavouring and stick it in the fridge. it's like having a dessert but totally allowed on cambridge.
When i was off for the 3 weeks or so i gained about 4lbs or so. So not a horrible amount - I'm sure I'll shift it in the first week back.

also, i have zero noodles (you can get them from holland and barrett). i made a dry stir fry with them. i added chicken and broccoli and curry powder and had that as my meal on ss+. they are kind of like japanese noodles but zero carbs and zero calories. and i think they expand in ur tummy so they are very filling.

Awesome, I have never heard of zero noodles so will definitely look out for them when I start having meals again.

That is really good that the weight didn't just go back on, it is something that I have been worried about but I do already feel my relationship with food changing. Everytime I want to eat I remind myself over and over again - food is for a purpose, it doesn't have to be boring but I don't have to revolve my life around food.

I am feeling a lot better today, not sure what got into my yesterday but I felt really down about the whole thing. I had a cheeky weigh in this morning, on my own scales so may not be accurate, but it looks like I have said goodbye to 6 pounds! That was very uplifting so I will hide the scales again until Monday when I have my CDC meeting - very excited!

I think also hearing about people who have stuck to the diet and had these absolutely amazing results certainly gives a good feeling about the diet!

Hi!

When you had to stop did you find that the weight piled back on or did you find it easier to make better choices as you had already done 6 weeks on SS+ (which by the way is awesome - if I can get to 6 weeks I will be over the moon!).

I am finding the water consumption fairly easy but it would definitely be a nice change to have something a bit sweeter. I was considering buying some of the water flavourings at my next weigh in but wasn't sure what they are like and whether it would be worth it?

Ive been very lucky, I didnt put any weight on in the four weeks. I actually lost a lb!! Im still annoyed with myself for stopping as I would be so close to my goal weight now and I would have been on my 11th week!!

Ive got the berry water flavouring and it's lovely!! I manage to drink alot more water when I use it :)
Ill have to have a look for those zero noodles! It would be nice to have a "proper" stir fry xx

Awesome, I have never heard of zero noodles so will definitely look out for them when I start having meals again.

That is really good that the weight didn't just go back on, it is something that I have been worried about but I do already feel my relationship with food changing. Everytime I want to eat I remind myself over and over again - food is for a purpose, it doesn't have to be boring but I don't have to revolve my life around food.

I am feeling a lot better today, not sure what got into my yesterday but I felt really down about the whole thing. I had a cheeky weigh in this morning, on my own scales so may not be accurate, but it looks like I have said goodbye to 6 pounds! That was very uplifting so I will hide the scales again until Monday when I have my CDC meeting - very excited!

I think also hearing about people who have stuck to the diet and had these absolutely amazing results certainly gives a good feeling about the diet!

It's really exciting when you see the pounds come off isn't it. what day are you on now?

Hi guys I have just joined CD am looking for some motivation
I so badly want to shift this weight
It's really nice to hear that some of you guys have been doing it for 12 weeks makes me feel like do-able

Hi Samp, I have to agree with you, hearing about other people's successes really gave me some good motivation, especially the day I was having!

This is my first attempt at CWP having tried WW a few times in the past. I am very much hoping that I can drop a couple of dress sizes and shift a few stone off the scales... Only time will tell.

The first week has been really hard but I guess if you are signing up to something you have to expect that it isn't going to be a walk in the park, but do expect good days too. I have so much energy at the moment it's great!

How long have you been on the plan and how are you finding it?

I am just about to face my biggest test yet... My other half has just taken our daughter to her swimming class. I am home alone so could secretly eat... But I literally have 0 intention in doing so (oh how things can change :) )

Hi Samp, I have to agree with you, hearing about other people's successes really gave me some good motivation, especially the day I was having!

This is my first attempt at CWP having tried WW a few times in the past. I am very much hoping that I can drop a couple of dress sizes and shift a few stone off the scales... Only time will tell.

The first week has been really hard but I guess if you are signing up to something you have to expect that it isn't going to be a walk in the park, but do expect good days too. I have so much energy at the moment it's great!

How long have you been on the plan and how are you finding it?

I am just about to face my biggest test yet... My other half has just taken our daughter to her swimming class. I am home alone so could secretly eat... But I literally have 0 intention in doing so (oh how things can change :) )

don't do it!! don't eat. my husband is away too and that's what I thought. but when I went on the scales this morning (i secretly weigh myself) i was at 13st9lbs. which is 17lbs total off since starting CWP. I am on my first week (again). i started 4th april and did quite well. then had a dinner thing and came off it for a couple of weeks. so this is day 5 of my re-start.

Happy to say I did NOT eat :) in fact it didn't even cross my mind.

Managed to get on with a lot of house work and lots left to do tomorrow to keep myself occupied. I must say I thought weekend would be harder than this. My OH is being so supportive, he is such a gem!

Is it weird that even though I am not eating (which isn't easy) all I want to do is cook and bake. I thought I wouldn't be able to do either whilst on SS but I find it quite therapeutic an bizarrely it doesn't make me want to eat! Just about to make some home made sweet chilli sauce for the family, I will make sure they save me some when I can eat again :)

Great news on your weight loss, I also had a cheeky weigh this morning and it looks like I am very nearly 7lb down! So so happy!

Hey flossnoscar,

How was the start of your first weekend?

Mine has been good so far, food still not a bother for me. Last night I had some cravings it was because I tried to make a hot mint chocolate and it didn't turn out too great, so I had to leave half of it and I did feel a little hard done by! Sucked it up though and got in with it!

Hey carlyd88 -
well yesterday was ok. I weighed myself this morning. stupidly. and saw i gained 2lbs?! how is that even possible. but i checked and i'm in ketosis. so hopefully ok. it's a bit of a mood dampener.
also it's cloudy out. not sunny. which always depresses me.

just feeling crappy and want to eat.

trying to ignore that feeling.

I think I'll go make a mix a mousse - thinking of mixing half fruits of the forest and half chocolate.. see what happens.

see for the hot drinks. to avoid the clumps and stuff, get a pint glass, add a bit of hot water first and then add the pack. get a fork and whip it up. then keep topping it off with hot water as you stir. or you could use a blender... but if you're lazy like me and don't like cleaning the blender all the time, then try it that way. hopefully it should work. xx

Back