Step 1 Sole Source Day four... what a drag

Thanks a lot for more motivation
Yah am on day 2 and working a long shift, feeling horribly tiered and hungry
Am just gulping down the water like a fish
Lets see how long I can go on

I didn't think I would get to a week if I am being totally honest, I nearly cheated days ago but here I am almost finished day 7 no cheats and feeling good :)

I totally feel your pain though it is tough but I am just hoping that it is totally worth it each week when I get on the scales!

I think I am going to set myself a target of 3 weeks possible 4 (depending on when a work night out falls) just ss and then move on to ss+ for a few weeks and then move on to step two. Right now having no end date of just soups and shakes is really tough and not the right motivation for me. I am hoping that 6 weeks possible 7 will have at least a stone weight loss in fact if it is between 1 and a half and 2 stone I will be really happy, I think I will then spend the rest of the time on step two to get rid of the rest of the weight.

I know you shouldn't look at any diet as a short term fix but personally I have to look at step 1 as short term. I can't imagine doing this as a long term solution. It is the rest of the steps that I see as the long term prep for the way I eat for the rest of my life!

Floss- I am deffo going to get some of this mix a mouse tomorrow, seems like people have loads of ideas to do with it!

I am trying another hot choc tonight so I will follow your instructions and hopefully have a better outcome!

On the additional weight thing... I weighed myself this morning and was pretty much the same as yesterday, scales were out this afternoon so had another go (addicted to weighing much!) and I was 2lb up what the...

I have a day out planned tomorrow with a couple of friends and my little one, we are organising a picnic I am so jealous. Picnic are my fave lots of picking at little bits I may have to go for a walk whilst they are eating! Xx

Also - will I be able to get bars from my CWPC for my second week or do I have to be on plan for two weeks to have bars?

My cwc lets me have bars in the first two weeks. I really struggle and she sees it as a way to keep me on the plan and help adjust moving onto basically a liquid diet. I dont have them every day, just the ones im really struggling on.

I found a strawberry shake woohoo. So having that ice cold now. I texted my hubby moaning for a chinese lol. He is really supportive. He told me to be strong. I know if I break this then he will be very upset.

Oh yes carlyd88 the motivation for ss is very much needed
Well it was crazily busy at work yesterday was about to fall down when I grabbed a piece of cake n am feeling really bad about it hence decided to be on ss+ for a week n take it from there
So tempted, am not even hungry but I keep thinking n making list of things I want to eat
Guess I need to tell my head to stop thinking of food only then something is going to happen

First weigh in and 7lb down woohoo!

Also been given bars now, even happier :) it will almost be like real food!

I feel so much more positive about this week, I am still expecting bumps along the way but if I can be strong and push through it I know how good I will feel!

Samp - don't feel too bad, just stay on plan from now and you will be fine!

We are all going to face bumps along the way, it doesn't mean it's the end of your journey :)

Oh I get bars next week, cannot wait!!! X

Hi ladies :) hope you don't mind me joining your thread :) This is my first time on CWP, and I'm currently on week 6. Feel like iv went off the rails a tad over the last couple of weeks so really need to get back on it. I'm 5ft 10, and 11 stone 2lbs. I have lost 1 stone 2lbs so far, so half of what I really want to loose. I have a wedding on the 27th July, and would love to be 10 stone by then :) feel like I'm just needing a wee bit of motivation to keep me on the right track :) you guys are all doing so well! I feel more positive now reading through your thread :) reminds me that we are all in the same boat and having tough days. Keep up the good work everyone :) x

Oh I'm very jealous, looking forward to sparkling orange water and a bar! Appreciate the small things now haha x

Hi Sheryl17 and d1985!

Sorry for taking a while to respond I have had a hectic few days work wise which has been fab for the diet :).

Yesterday I forgot to have me second shake! So when I got home I had a soup and later on I had a bar... It was basically like I had dinner and then a pudding, which was great! However not so great that I went 12 hours with only one meal!

How are you both finding it? I still feel good and really positive right now, I have surprised myself with the willpower ! Which is totally needed to get the right results with this diet!

Are you guys like me and find evenings the hardest? x

Week 1 -7lb :)

You guys all seem to be doing great :) well done!!! Yea finding it ok, his is week 6 so starting to get fed up with shakes if I'm honest. Going to hopefully move up a step on Sunday which I can't wait for :) had quite a bad day with it today. Nearly passed out at work which isn't great :( may not be the diet but felt like I needed food after and knew I couldn't have it :( meh, the evenings don't bother me, it's the weekends that I mega struggle with :( just one stone to go through :) positivity is the key :) x

Sheryl, well done on your 6 weeks - have you SS'd for the whole time? I am hoping to stay strict for the whole of June so that will put me at 6 weeks, then depending on weight loss (if I lose a stone) I will start working up the steps. It is my birthday at the end of the month and my other half really wants to take me out for dinner, so I have said I will partake in a cheeky nandos :).

He keeps asking me what I want and I think I am going to say to take me out shopping the last week of June and buy me lots of nice new and hopefully smaller clothes... Definitely something to be excited about and keep me motivated!

Sorry to hear you had a rubbish day on Thursday, from reading through other posts it sounds as though our bodies really will tell us when it is time to move up a step so maybe it is time for you? I guess the thing to remember is that moving up a step isn't going to stop our weight loss, in fact some people have a couple of weeks of better losses when their calorie intake goes up (fingers crossed).

Let me know what you decide to do :) x

Hi Carly :) yea after Thursday iv decided to move up to ss+, so having a wee meal at night now :) iv lost the majority of weight that I want to so still going to try and get the rest off, but not going to drive myself crazy with it. I'm still sticking to it during the week and but the weekends for me are SO hard. So if I have a cheeky wee cheat at the weekend, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'd be happy if I lost 3lbs a week now until I get the rest off :) so aiming for that :) aw you should go have a meal. 1 healthy meal won't make you skinny, just like 1 cheat meal won't make you fat. You deserve a cheeky wee meal every now and again :) go and enjoy it :) and technically if you just have plain chicken and salad it's a ss+ meal :) x

How much were you losing an average per week on SS?

You must be loving having a little meal?! What have you been having?

I am looking forward to our meal out at the end of the month! I am sure it will be totally worth the wait! xx

To be honest iv not really had a steady amount, some weeks would be 4lbs, some weeks 1lb and some weeks I'd stay the same. I just can't seem to stick to it at the weekends sadly. Too much of a sociable eater/drinker lol!!

Iv just been having baked chicken and salad. Nout special but tastes like heaven haha x

It's end of week 2 for me on Monday and I cannot wait to get my bars and water flavours! I think my body struggles on SS, so this week I have mixed in SS+ on my busier days and this really improves everything, I sleep better and am not starving at night. This week I have had 3 SS+ days, 3-4 a week shouldn't affect much at the scales considering doing it 7 days a week only equates to about 2lb a month. I do want to get my weight off as quick as possible but I just cannot get through busier days without being weak after 3 hours of each shake. Today we shopped til we dropped in York and I had a small subway salad of turkey, lettuce, green peppers and cucumber. Also put my shake in a subway cup and drank it on the go - felt like I was having a fresh smoothie :-D. Due to that I went happily for 5 hours feeling great, which is a contrast to my last shopping trip on Thursday where I only had a shake and did not enjoy the day at all.

I did feel a sense of giving up when I had my first meal after my weigh in but I think I have found a way to ensure I have the energy to carry on as normal and that IS worth a lb a month :)

Back