Day One - Complete....here we go again!

Ian1975

My yo-yo existence has yo'd back up the way to almost my starting point first time round.

I have no motivation when eating - my good lady is the one that does the "health" thinking, and I tend to stick to it (with treats) when she's on it. She's a Food Doctor convert - and I really enjoy it.

And then she got pregnant (with my help :)) again, and it goes off the rails for me. Only myself to blame!!

So now she's finishing breast feeding and lost almost a stone; I'm back to square one. 14stone 2lbs.

Day One for Step One just about done.

1 x Choc & Mint Shake (pretty nice) at 7am
1 x Chicken & Mushroom Soup (really nice) at midday
1 x Butterscotch Shake (distinctly average) at 4.30pm
1 x Leek & Potato Soup (decent) at 7pm

4 litres of water (including 2 black coffees and 2 green teas).....and running to the loo.

Not hungry and feeling pretty good about myself. I must remember this feeling!!!

Congratulations Ian on your new baby!

Not hungry and feeling pretty good about myself. I must remember this feeling!!!

That is a magic feeling...

It won't be long until you have your first stone off!

Dear Diary :),​

Day Two for Step One just about done.

I'll freely admit, today at work was a bugger. Nothing to do with food, just work! The kind of day that would usually have me order a chinese takeaway with rice and chips(!), and open / finish a bottle of wine.

Still positive. Pleased I didn't break.

1 x Strawberry Shake (really good) at 7am
1 x Vegetable Soup (not keen at all) at 1pm
1 x Choc & Orange Shake (pretty good) at 6.30pm
1 x Chicken & Mushroom Soup (really good, again) at 8pm

4.2 litres of water (including 3 black coffees and 2 green teas).....and running to the loo even more!!

It's Friday night. You know, most Friday's I end up finishing a bottle of wine and opening another. There's a calorie laden habit right there! Yes, tonight is a good night :eek:

Congratulations on getting through your first Friday night guilt free. I was STARVING last night but really hung in there and sooo pleased with myself this morning that I didn't cave in. Friday night is normally a couple of pints and a take out in our house. Last night the love god ended up with beans and mini sausages on crusty toast, not the Friday he's used to but I'm grateful of the support! Lol
Well done for sticking with it, next week should be easier when you know what products you like (said loosely). Good luck for your weekend. X

Thanks Anne!

And to you. Feeling super motivated today after last night. Even going to do a food shop for the hoardes!!

Hope your day is a damn good one.

I've woken up in a super confident mood. Think it was the realisation of getting through the Friday night that's done it. Going up town later for a spot of retail and might even pop into the pub and treat myself to a sparkling water. (My man knows how to treat his woman!) lol.
Good luck with the shopping. Don't linger around the bakery too long, it starts to just look a tad creepy!!
Keep supping that water......... X

When I did this two years ago I even sniffed a cake when shopping :)

Retail. For a bloke, I love that. There's an idea :)

tell us what you buy! I love shopping through other people!
It's a dreaded day. I've got to go buy underwear for my partners sons wedding next weekend. Love god thinks we're going la senza for dental floss style undies, I'm thinking more m&s hold it all in big Bridget Jones stylie!
Mmmmm, wonder who's gonna be disappointed here? :) x

Hey Anne - replying on this thread.

5 days in, going pretty well. No slip ups and really motivated out the other end of the weekend!

How's your world looking - the retail therapy work?

Yes and no, had a major blip over the weekend which had me weighing in this morning 1.5lbs heavier, but looking at the larger picture still not too bad all things considered. At least I'm back on it this week.
Got the dreaded wedding this coming weekend and we're staying over for a long weekend so it's really just damage limitation I'm looking for till we get back. I'm not beating myself with a stick over it, life goes on and events happen so I'm just going with the flo.
Thankfully I seem to be able to get back into ketosis without any of the dreaded side effects suffered by some so I'm hoping for renewed enthusiasm by early next week.
Glad you managed the weekend with success, just keep at it!! Good luck. X

Ebb and flow - you're doing brilliantly.

Day 6 for me today on Step One - finding it surprisingly ok. Not wanting to eat my arm yet and not eating the kids leftovers :)

Chinese Green Tea has seriously become my newest best pal.

Day 7 (and end of week one) in the SS1 Big Brother House.

After a relatively sh*tty day at work and not leaving until 7pm (having started at 7am), I could easily have picked up fish and chips on the way home. Thankfully I resisted - feeling pleased with myself :eek:

1 x Strawberry Shake
1 x Mushroom Soup
1 x Chocolate Shake

About to have the final Chicken & Mushroom Soup of the day.

I'll admit I never ever drank enough water prior to this - generally coffee and wine! I've found the switch to water and black coffee / tea surprisingly easy. 3.2lt of fluid today, 0.9lt poured (coffee and water) to have.....and even some mornings after 4+ litres, I'm waking up feeling "dry"!

Weigh in is Friday night - chosen to help break the chinese and wine habit :D

Day 11 today.

Really struggled yesterday. Seriously so.

Had parents here and everyone tucked into Chinese. I even went to collect it. Wine was out, I managed to get through with only one small piece if chicken nibbled.

Today I want chips, or rice, or noodles, and chocolate!! Mental strength is quite difficult!!!

Almost weekend over.

I succumbed to a little food tonight. Small chicken breast (about 200 grams) and broccoli & mushrooms. Hoping I've not blown ketosis, and admit to feeling total guilt.

And pretty stuffed.

Assuming my 4th packet of the day (a soup) should be left unopened?

Give yourself some credit. You made good choices and only had a small amount. Almost guarantee it's not kicked you out of ketosis. Just think what you would have eaten in the same circumstance a couple of weeks ago. Go and do a jiggy dance - you done good!! :) x

Cheers Anne :)

Couple of weeks ago - guaranteed I'd have gone to the kebab shop and ordered a 16" spicy mince pizza. Guaranteed. And washed it down with lots of wine!

I'll admit. Today has felt great - wee bit of food but not going mad has made me felt motivated. Back at work helps too :)

Jiggy dance? Maybe one day :D

Back