Total Solution Day one of exante!!!

As my username states I do work in a sweet shop and with that and uni and my boyfriend I have gained 4 and a bit stone in the past 2 years and I feel really bad about myself. It's weird typing this because I haven't told anyone this before and everyone always see's me as this confident 'bubbly' girl. I used to be 14st 7lbs and now I am 18st 10 and a half lbs. I knew I had put on weight but seeing it be that much is heartbreaking.

I have tried Slimming World before and thought it was great but started taking advantage of the syns and free food, basically I was having bowls and bowls of pasta and even though I was losing the weight I didn't think it was going fast enough. It didn't work for me, I would rather do something with a routine opposed to eating healthy and having Chinese and alcohol at the weekend I would rather cut it out.

That's when I decided to do Exante, I wanted to do the Cambridge diet first but found exante much cheaper and I don't have to bother with the weigh ins I can do this completely by myself which I think is great. The first thing I have to say is that I think the bars are awful :( that's what I had for breakfast, Dinner on the other hand was quite nice I had a chocolate shake, Vanilla for tea yay. I hope i grow to like the bars, I have read a lot on the diet and people have said not to bother buying the soups so I bought the pasta carbonara, vanilla and chocolate shakes, porridge and both bars.

Has anyone got any advice on how to sticking to it? This is the first time I have ever done anything like this so any comments with be great!! :D:D

Wish me luck! Rach x:heartpump:

Hi Rach and welcome and good luck. I also did SW for ages and while you can definitely lose weight on it, it's a slow process and after a while the same few lbs would go up and down which was frustrating.

Re the shakes, bars etc, it's personal taste, everyone seems to have different favourites and different ones they hate. I quite like the mushroom soup but haven't tried the other flavours, they dont appeal to me. I also dont mind the choc and orange bars, they're not amazing but they're not revolting either and they're easy to have when you're going out. No idea what the raisin and nut one is like as I'm allergic to walnuts so cant try it. I didnt mind the taste of the porridge but wasn't keen on the texture, although I do have to try again with a different method. I haven't tried the carbonara but have some coming. Some people seem to really like it and others can't get it down so we'll see.

It's so personal how you do this diet, some people seem to do really well just living off the same flavour shake 3 meals a day, others need a variety or they get bored. I guess it'll be trial and error for those of us new to it. I'm in my second week, I didnt have an amazing result the first week, at least not more than I could have done on a SW first week, but it'll come, it has to, when you're only taking in 600 calories a day and you're nearly 18 stone, it's got to come off pretty quickly.

Good luck Rach :)

I hate the exante bars, they are gross!
You can have a Tesco ultraslim bar in place of an exante one, they are soooooo lovely. They come in chocolate with a choc coating and raspberry with a yogurt coating.
Maybe you could try those.

Hello and welcome! :)

Trial and error with the products I think

......I love the nut and raisin bars, all the soups and the porridge personally. Can't comment on the shakes as they don't appeal to me at all.

No magic answers about sticking to the diet I'm afraid -it has to be something you really want for yourself, and the willpower has to come from within.

The first few days are tough, no doubt about that - but then it does get a lot easier and becomes routine.

Good luck! :D

Hello

I didn't like the bars either to begin with I thought they tasted of cardboard. I however am very grateful for them now because they r so portable and good for on the go. You should have with tea put a sweetener in ur tea and that helps. A blender, ice and sweetener for the shake also takes it up a notch. U should go for it. You sound pretty keen and we all look after each other here and will congratulate u as the weight falls off. Take care

My first day on the diet today.definitely glad I started on my days off work because I can honestly say I'm drained of energy and must have gone to the loo about 50 times today (drinking far more water than usual)I think I completed my 20 mins exercise just going up and down to it. I must admit I was impressed with the food and didn't find it as difficult as I thought! I'm currently 24 stone so have a massive way to go but have been reading all the posts on here over the last couple of weeks and hoping this will be a source of support for me :) good luck to everyone beginning the journey like me!!!

Welcome. I'm on day 2 ( but have done VLCD in the past)
Try find non food related things to do to keep you busy, when you aren't working that is lol. I watch a film, have a bath, read a book you name it.
First few days are hardest but it does start to get easier with time.

Good Luck :)

Well I'm on day 3 now and luckily not had any side effects so far. I have suffered bad headaches in the past and thought this might be a problem but looks like the extra water in take is doing its job well! Hoping everyone else is doing ok so far :)

Good luck with your journey. Working in a sweet shop must be so hard but I'm sure your will power is greater. Starting now means a better body for summer. Go us! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow I feel terrible for not looking on here sooner, I tried to stay away because I didn't want to look at people's first week losses and get upset if I didn't reach them. I see now that's just stupid haha. Thank you to everyone that posted on here and you're all really encouraging. I will be posting more often!

I lost 7.75lbs this week so I am really pleased :D even with a Chinese, which I know is terrible but I'm fully aware now I don't need it, just made me feel awful and seeing the loss has made me see that I can do it! Thanks again guys xxxx

Aw well done on your loss hon!! I find I'm not hungry at all but the actual craving for real food is what's getting to me. Funnily enough nothing extravagant - all I've wanted is a cheese sandwich for the last few days lol every night I congratulate myself for getting through the taste cravings!

I wish I would have had a cheese sandwich instead of a Chinese. But honestly once I had it I felt rubbish and you should congratulate yourself because you do not need it ;)

Look on it as a good experience - had you have not had the Chinese you'd have always been craving it. Now you've had it you can just recall how horrible you felt every time you think you want one again! X

I agree with Manhatten. Now you have had it if it comes up again just remember how it felt and it should go away, hopefully you'll lose another big amount next week. Good luck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And if your body does feel like it really needs food then I'd have something! I had a really bad day yesterday my stomach felt upset and was nauseous. I just had a tin of tuna with a boiled egg in the evening and this morning I felt great. And doing that if I need to will stop me reaching for the takeaway menu :) it felt naughty but in reality how naughty is tuna and an egg hehe x

Wow egg is a good idea, I love eggs :) I felt bad yesterday but now I do feel positive that I won't cheat again. I didn't think I was going to get through it for 13 weeks but now I know I can :bliss:xxx

I was desperate for some food the other day so ate a small packet of wafer thin chicken slices. I ate them a tiny bit at a time and while it wasn't filling, it was nice to have a different taste and I haven't felt the need for anything else since.

Back