Day one on Exante 800 plan! Starting at 16 stone 9 and a BMI of 37.4, help!

Sher_x

Morning :) I have said to myself SOO many times that I would start exante and of course something always crops up and I never do.
I knew I had put on quite a bit of weight recently but I was completely shocked when I stepped on the scales this morning- 3.5 stones since April! Its honestly spiralling out of control and I now weigh the most I ever have.
Instead of getting down about it, I am finally doing something about it and i really think Exante is the going to be the way forwards for me.

I have 2 beautiful children and I never want to be the mum who has to worry about not being able to go on rides with them or who is too tired to go for autumn walks or run around with me.
My biggest goal I would like to achieve is to have a full body picture with them and not be ashamed. I hide from every photo opportunity and it makes me sad to know one day they're going to look back and have no photos with me.

So heres to a new start :woohoo: I will be using this as my online diary and post daily and I really hope it could be useful to anybody else who is starting!

LETS DO THIS!!!!

Good Morning

I've been on and off dieting for years and have been away from this forum for over a year now... in that time I have regained 2 stone (so I get ya!). I'm planning to return to a VLCD (not Exante) but my (re)start weight is not too dissimilar to yours and my goal is the same. So I will watch your journey with interest and I think having an online diary will help you through the ups and downs. I may well do the same. I'm a good deal older than you, so weightloss is a challenge (hormones and stuff), and I'm expecting progress to be slow. You sound like you've got this, so I hope your first week is going great!

The hardest part is keeping the weight off isn't it! Its all well and good losing the weight but those demons soon come creeping back hey! Well done on starting again though- what plan are you going to be following?

It'll be great to know somebody with a similar starting weight and goal- I think it would do me wonders for keeping on track so I will definitely keep and eye on your journey too:)

Really agree about the online diary too, I think it keeps you more accountable for your actions knowing people are reading and keeping up to date with your progress! Im all new here and hadn't realised id made this under the wrong section so im off to make a Diary thread now haha.

Have a lovely day xx

I'm using Shake That Weight products - had them in the past and quite liked most of them. Unless the Exante recipe has changed I found theirs a bit too sweet for my liking. But at the end of the day they all do pretty much the same thing and for me, what they offer, is time to break away from thinking too much about food. Carbs are my downfall. I did well on a ketogenic diet (food based, not food replacement based), but got slack and allowed that dreaded 'carb creep' to slip back in, which then became a 'carb avalanche'. Anyway - I'll sub to your diary and will offer support where I can. I'm by no means and expert.

Started in September and on week 12 but 31lbs lost so far...slow but steady and have a day a week usually off plan to have coffee with colleagues etc.
Hope your journey go well and look forward to hearing your progress.

Back